News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

zipadee999

My God that show was pretty scary to begin with. That would have been AMAZING, although not for everyone.
This may be unlikely but I’d love to see them do a spiritual successor to Alien Encounter at DHS based on the recent success of Romulus. Just a simple, standalone attraction based on a cool sci-fi franchise.

This would bring back a taste of the 90s MGM feel that many of us have been missing

The Leader of the Club

This may be unlikely but I’d love to see them do a spiritual successor to Alien Encounter at DHS based on the recent success of Romulus. Just a simple, standalone attraction based on a cool sci-fi franchise.

This would bring back a taste of the 90s MGM feel that many of us have been missing
This would have been perfect for the Racing Academy space. Turn the back of Sunset into a more scary/adult area.

Moth

I don't want Simpsons in the park but wouldn't mind Moe's being in Disney Springs.

There's better Fox IPs I feel can fit the adventure/escapism of Disney Parks better I'd rather see in the parks before Simpsons such as Planet of the Apes (would be AMAZING for DAK if based off the reboot trilogy, would be AMAZING for Tomorrowland if based off of the originals), Avatar (already in) and the aforementioned Alien. I can also see Futurama in the parks before Simpsons since that has more of the 'whimsy' associated with Disney versus the mundane setting of The Simpsons.

The Fox acquisition wasn't made with parks in mind, but I wouldn't mind if they added some of the more tame/iconic stuff to DHS/other parks where it fits.

celluloid

I just watched something that said it was originally a xenomoroh but they changed it before actually opening. source could be wrong though… it was Poseidon entertainments most recent video.
In the promotional material and early concepts it was toyed with. The shilouette in the early ads was a xenomorph.

Last edited:

Blobbles

I don't want Simpsons in the park but wouldn't mind Moe's being in Disney Springs.

There's better Fox IPs I feel can fit the adventure/escapism of Disney Parks better I'd rather see in the parks before Simpsons such as Planet of the Apes (would be AMAZING for DAK if based off the reboot trilogy, would be AMAZING for Tomorrowland if based off of the originals), Avatar (already in) and the aforementioned Alien. I can also see Futurama in the parks before Simpsons since that has more of the 'whimsy' associated with Disney versus the mundane setting of The Simpsons.

The Fox acquisition wasn't made with parks in mind, but I wouldn't mind if they added some of the more tame/iconic stuff to DHS/other parks where it fits.
While I would LOVE all the aforementioned IP’s to come to the parks dearly, ESPECIALLY apes, I do think we all need to stop pretending the Simpsons coming to the Disney parks is some wild impossibility. It actually has a lot of things going for it that modern Disney management would like out of an ip.

The merchandisability of the Simpsons with the food, beverages, and products are NOTHING to sneeze at. Def something I’m sure Disney is aware of. It already makes a ton of money at universal. also disney really has been trying to make Simpsons a “disney” thing with all the shorts consistently coming out, and the show has extremely high viewership on d+, so it also has synergy on its side. Also especially with the constant shorts specifically with Disney characters, Disney has clearly been trying to tie the Simpsons specifically with the “Disney” brand name rather than 20th century studios. Also, while lots of people say that the Simpsons doesn’t fit the “tameness” of the Disney parks, while I think at one point that was a thing, the mere fact of Deadpool existing and the fact that he had wild success with guests and on social media kinda kills the “not tame enough argument” for things like Simpsons, and in fact shows there is the potential for more things like that if done well. Also for the “whimsy” argument, I raise you avengers campus. I don’t really think they care about what’s “whimsical and immersive”. Also, as much as I would LOVE for a futurama ride (star tours rerheme anyone?), I do feel like Simpsons would also be more recognizable and easier to market to more people.

I do personally think the Simpsons have a WAY better chance than you all give it credit for. Dont count out Homer.

celluloid

I don't watch The Simpsons anymore so I'm going to assume that everybody in the world doesn't care about it even though it's going into its 36th season.
Well, as legendary as it is, it has only gotten more expensive to produce and much of the cast are nearing their 80s.

Either they get replaced or it becomes Gunsmoke.

Simpsons as said is sort of a shallow Toon Lagokn asethetic with edges jokes, which is as stated Uni did the beat they did, or an awkward toon setting in "real brickwork" surroundings, which is jarring.

The zeitgeist of course as mentioned can not be understated of pop culture merch and will be a slow wane.

Moth

Judging by my PFP... I think I wouldn't outright turn my nose at Simpsons in DHS, I wanna see how they'd approach it largely?

I'm not crazy how Universal handled it, I hope if Disney does it it's more using the setting of Springfield versus the way Uni did it with it more being a 'theme park in a theme park'. I'm not opposed to seeing Disney do Simpsons, it's just hard to visualize it right now?

I DO think Moe's in Springs would be an excellent testing ground to see reception to Simps in Disney Parks.

@Blobbles said it best, it has the workings of what Disney WOULD want to put it in the parks, the only thing drawing me away from saying it's an inevitability is it being a more 'mature' IP than what WDW usually gets... IS WHAT I WOULD SAY IF WE DIDN'T HAVE A WHOLE LAND FOR AVATAR!

Avatar has freaky tail-tree stuff, lots of on-screen blood, violence, not very 'Disney' and in more ways more extreme than what Simpsons has! Simpsons is much easier to soften it's edges for the theme park setting than people here would say, if you want an IP Disney would likely avoid it's Family Guy, everyone thinks of Family Guy here when they think of Simpsons. We currently have Star Wars and Avatar in WDW along with GOTG. Is there anything in Avatar/GOTG that's more extreme than Simpsons? Even the language in those two is more extreme than Simpsons.

The Simpsons is ingrained into the pop-culture of America, everyone knows Homer, everyone hates Flanders, it's an IP that can be put into WDW and wouldn't have any sort of 'maturity' barrier to prevent it because it can easily be toned down. And by god, if Disney decided it HAD to go to WDW, wouldn't DHS appreciate something like a Simpsons land? A place that can offer more food options, more rides, and overall benefit the park more than hurt it while 'containing' the IP away from the other three parks?

Heck, if Disney wanted to rename DHS, using the 20th Century name isn't a bad shout either!

Blobbles

Judging by my PFP... I think I wouldn't outright turn my nose at Simpsons in DHS, I wanna see how they'd approach it largely?

I'm not crazy how Universal handled it, I hope if Disney does it it's more using the setting of Springfield versus the way Uni did it with it more being a 'theme park in a theme park'. I'm not opposed to seeing Disney do Simpsons, it's just hard to visualize it right now?

I DO think Moe's in Springs would be an excellent testing ground to see reception to Simps in Disney Parks.

@Blobbles said it best, it has the workings of what Disney WOULD want to put it in the parks, the only thing drawing me away from saying it's an inevitability is it being a more 'mature' IP than what WDW usually gets... IS WHAT I WOULD SAY IF WE DIDN'T HAVE A WHOLE LAND FOR AVATAR!

Avatar has freaky tail-tree stuff, lots of on-screen blood, violence, not very 'Disney' and in more ways more extreme than what Simpsons has! Simpsons is much easier to soften it's edges for the theme park setting than people here would say, if you want an IP Disney would likely avoid it's Family Guy, everyone thinks of Family Guy here when they think of Simpsons. We currently have Star Wars and Avatar in WDW along with GOTG. Is there anything in Avatar/GOTG that's more extreme than Simpsons? Even the language in those two is more extreme than Simpsons.

The Simpsons is ingrained into the pop-culture of America, everyone knows Homer, everyone hates Flanders, it's an IP that can be put into WDW and wouldn't have any sort of 'maturity' barrier to prevent it because it can easily be toned down. And by god, if Disney decided it HAD to go to WDW, wouldn't DHS appreciate something like a Simpsons land? A place that can offer more food options, more rides, and overall benefit the park more than hurt it while 'containing' the IP away from the other three parks?

Heck, if Disney wanted to rename DHS, using the 20th Century name isn't a bad shout either!
Yeha the Simpsons isn’t as dirty as yall think it is, compared to your average South Park, Rick and morty, or to a lesser extent smiling friends (look out for those rennisance men coming to town by the way). Also what “belongs” at a Disney park is kidna out the window almost. The Simpsons, while not fitting at a castle park, there is the blessing of size (see, I can use Walt quotes too!) of THREE other parks with unique vibes! The Simpsons could be made to work if need be. Also side note about universals treatment, they WANTED to make the Simpsons ride in the power plant, but they couldn’t get mr burns and skinner’s voice to sign off on it, so they had to shift to Krusty the clown.

Blobbles

Also ngl I feel like Disney doing Simpsons better than universal could be a pretty good to universal in disneys eyes. that’s just me tho. I do want Cesar and Koba at DAK Tho.

DisneyHead123

Have you been around to observe some of the families visiting lately? I mean, hell, my family was like this in the '90's, and even the World Showcase double decker driver saw a need to pause and apologize for it. It's possibly one of the most relatable versions of a family visiting Disney there is.

I mean that’s the thing though - Disney is in the business of selling you a fantasy, right? While it would admittedly be hilarious if the ads portrayed a realistic Disney visit (soft music plays and the camera zooms in to the front of the castle to show a toddler beating his brother with a Mickey bar while screaming, as a voice says “Disney… let your megalomaniac children who would probably rather be zoning out on iPads come scream at you in a theme park instead of screaming at you in a Target, because here… you can take Instagram photos and pretend to the world that you’re having a wholesome family vacay.”) I don’t know that it would move ticket sales…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom