Monorail Teal in Testing (Photos&Video)

RobParr77

Was this Pink or Purple?

What happened to the other?

From the article saying they are combining Pink and Purple I would guess both. Since 2 cabs were destroyed in the accident, they probably used the 2 remaining cabs for the new Teal and any cars deemed safe. They also mentioned that a NEW monorail would be built leaving me to believe that cabs and cars from both Pink and Purple were used.

BTW is it possible that the off white color is actualy just a primer and not dirt???

Kadruk

Original Poster
From the article saying they are combining Pink and Purple I would guess both. Since 2 cabs were destroyed in the accident, they probably used the 2 remaining cabs for the new Teal and any cars deemed safe. They also mentioned that a NEW monorail would be built leaving me to believe that cabs and cars from both Pink and Purple were used.

BTW is it possible that the off white color is actualy just a primer and not dirt???

no, trust me... it's funky... not that I blame them.. they probably weren't allowed to wash the train until after the investigation was completed anyway..

the white striping ofer the color is definately some sort of plastic masking material.. but it si simply to conceal the colors on the trains ,nothing more.. it's not done 'neatly' enough to be used to mask off areas during painting..

BTW, Teal spent all ay yesterday half-way into the shop on beam 7.... prolly there again today if I had to guess

DBF John

I need to know what color is Teal?:confused:

Teal -
teal.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
I think down the road we should see an addition of 2 more trains to the fleet and that could be pink and purple...

Um....yeah.....probably not.

If I see Ghost Train running around here at night, past BLT, I'll get some shots and post them (if someone shows me how to post pics).

hpyhnt 1000

Sadly, yes. It's for the celebration campaign and I can't wait until they stop celebrating it. :hurl:

I agree, but I think just about all of us will agree that the balloons are a VAST improvement over the pixie dust crap from the YOMD. That stuff really did look like :hurl:.

DisneyBoi1215

I think down the road we should see an addition of 2 more trains to the fleet and that could be pink and purple...

Those colors are being retired for good out of respect for the Cast Members involved in the accident. Pink and Purple will not be returning.

it sucks we wont be able to ride in the front anymore.

List of Changes Disney’s Made Since Monorail Death

by John Frost
I’m trying to compile a list of known changes made to procedures or operations at Walt Disney World since the Monorail Accident that resulted in the death of one monorail pilot. If you can help me add anything I’m missing I’d appreciate it.
Guests are no longer allowed to ride in the nose cone with the monorail pilots.
Added new sensors to all monorail switches and the spur line.
Added additional set of visual confirmation to all switches.
Require Monorail Pilots to drive forward through the switch from the EPCOT loop to the Magic Kingdom express look. This requires moving from the forward cab to the back cab in the EPCOT station and then backing out until they’ve passed the switch.
Monorail Control Coordinator is no longer allowed to leave the monorail station area without having a qualified replacement taking that position. It’s unclear if they’re also required to stay in the tower when trains are switching beams.
Three employees involved in the incident have been suspended with pay pending the results of the investigation.
The Behind the Magic Steam Train tour at Magic Kingdom has been canceled through October 12th. This is probably due to the close proximity of the train barn to the monorail barn. They’re in the same building behind the MK.
Some of these are just temporary changes and some will likely become permanant pending the results of the OSHA and NTSB reports.
ShareThis

Wasn't this just posted in another thread???

That really sucks about not being able to ride in the front anymore. We loved to do that - my daughter especially got a big kick out of it.

~Amanda

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom