Monorail Teal in Testing (Photos&Video)

fireworkz

Ditto, great to see it back. Now let the speculation begin on the colour for the all new one in 2010! :p Amaranth? No seriously. Would be nice to see one in a warm shade, or something that crosses pink and purple like fuchsia or Lavender. Most will know the 2010 train won't be either of the old ones, so it would be safe to have something in a similar shade to pink and purple.

EPCOT Explorer

Was this Pink or Purple?

What happened to the other?
I think it's both.

Good thing there is no monorail white (or even off white). I don't think they could keep the monorail clean enough to make that work (or is it just this monorail that's dirty?). I'm not complaining, as I've never noticed that they're dirty.
That, or it's just a different shade of white.:shrug:

But I think it's dirt.:lol:

Rob562

I was looking more closely at my own photos, and I believe the 'covering' is simply to conceal the 'mix-matched' stripe underneath, and to be a little 'subtle' about the train, and it's recent history... The masking is not even or consistent down the body of the train, and is 'sloppy' at best... so I think thats why it's there... when we pulled through the first time, it was traveling down the beam towards MK spur, when we came back to get the video/pics it was sitting still, and when we were taking the pics and video, it was moving back towards the shop...

I think we caught a rare glimpse of it changing stalls in the shop... perhaps it was going into one where it could be painted... or onto one of the stalls with a drop out beam...

Dunno

Yeah, if the train only got as far as what was shown in the video, it was most likely changing sides in the shop building. The drop-out beam is on beam 1, and the paint shop is on beam 10. I believe Pink and Purple had been on beams 6 and 7 during the NTSB investigation.

-Rob

Kadruk

Original Poster
it returned to beam 10, so that would make sense..

and to clarify, yes it is both of the trains combined.. but 90% of this train is from pink

I think it's interesting to note that they also covered the logo on the cab's with the masking material to conceal colors

EPCOT Explorer

Wow..very nice photos there. It is very strange seeing a 'white' Mono...whoa..

...it looks like a 'ghost ship' in a tingling sort of way.
I know! :eek:

Monorail Ghost. :(

it returned to beam 10, so that would make sense..

and to clarify, yes it is both of the trains combined.. but 90% of this train is from pink

I think it's interesting to note that they also covered the logo on the cab's with the masking material to conceal colors
Maybe they haven't painted it yet?

Uncle Lupe

Is the new monorail going to be that same style as the new ones in Disneyland? Will this expedite the process of WDW getting all the monorails switched to the new style?

EPCOT Explorer

Is the new monorail going to be that same style as the new ones in Disneyland? Will this expedite the process of WDW getting all the monorails switched to the new style?

No, it'll look the same.

We won't get a new fleet for sometime, and it might not look like DL's. I'm hoping not, the style won't work here.

Timon

WDW will probably keep the current Mark VI monorails for a number of years possibly with some overhauls. The new monorail will use the four remaining undamaged regular cars and most likely rebuild the two damaged end cars in the same existing style. There is always the possibility of building two totally new end cars but most likely in the same style. Plans change over time so these are educated guesses.

Most discussions I've heard have the Disneyland Mark VII monorails remaining a unique style to Disneyland. While WDW trains would evolve in a futuristic style of today's Mark VI and Bombardier M-VI trains. Maybe like this.

picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

WDW will probably keep the current Mark VI monorails for a number of years possibly with some overhauls. The new monorail will use the four remaining undamaged regular cars and most likely rebuild the two damaged end cars in the same existing style. There is always the possibility of building two totally new end cars but most likely in the same style. Plans change over time so these are educated guesses.

Most discussions I've heard have the Disneyland Mark VII monorails remaining a unique style to Disneyland. While WDW trains would evolve in a futuristic style of today's Mark VI and Bombardier M-VI trains. Maybe like this.

picture.php
WANT SO BAD.:dazzle::lol:

Kadruk

Original Poster
The 12th "New" train will use the original purple train, and the chassis from the 2 damaged cab's... It will be all new fiberglass composite shells for the cabin and nose section, and all new equipment and interior fiberglass composite structure as well.... the front end of each will 'feel' brand new..

PS... I fixed the video orientation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dh8gN2vvl0

EPCOT Explorer

The 12th "New" train will use the original purple train, and the chassis from the 2 damaged cab's... It will be all new fiberglass composite shells for the cabin and nose section, and all new equipment and interior fiberglass composite structure as well.... the front end of each will 'feel' brand new..

Cool...Where is this info coming from?

jmills006

I don't know if this is true or not but it seems like you can tell which cars came from which monorails by the color scheme of the balloons on the side.

Tom

Beta Return

I kind of figured the re-construction would happen as you described it above. They had 2 trains, both with one cab damaged. Take a good cab from one and use it to replace the bad cab on the other, and you have a full train in no time (which is what they've done).

Now they have 4 passenger cars and need to build 2 new cabs for that train. I imagine that will be a time consuming task, since they probably (literally) broke the molds for these trains.

Nice job on the pics and video, btw!

I don't know if this is true or not but it seems like you can tell which cars came from which monorails by the color scheme of the balloons on the side.

I see what you mean. Cab 1 (or 6?) has purple, red and gray balloons, while the rest of the train appears to have purple, teal (ha!), and gray.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom