Monorail system to operate on new timetable to accommodate automation work

Stine

I was shocked. I have a feeling they've been fielding angry calls and just don't want to talk with anyone else. Yep, the details from the call will be in my e-mail.

They must have just hung up with me! Sorry, but after I spent 45 on hold to get a Guest Relations CM to help (the first CM couldn't even find my info without struggle, so I asked for a supervisor and was sent to GR), to be told they had no idea and then put you on hold another 19 minutes to find out if what you are telling them is correct, you wind up less than amused, to say the least! I wasn't mean, but I was rather strong with the CM.

dstrawn9889

so you are saying the resort loop takes about 5 minutes per segment traveled? contemp to ttc ~5, ttc to poly ~5, poly to GF ~5, and GF to MK ~5? is that what they strive for? i would have thought it would be longer than that per segment (saying that it would be 15 minutes walking from contemp to MK, saving 15 minutes in monorail travel.)

Figment2005

so you are saying the resort loop takes about 5 minutes per segment traveled? contemp to ttc ~5, ttc to poly ~5, poly to GF ~5, and GF to MK ~5? is that what they strive for? i would have thought it would be longer than that per segment (saying that it would be 15 minutes walking from contemp to MK, saving 15 minutes in monorail travel.)
Roughly. About 3 minutes between stations and about 2 minutes in the station. Could be longer or shorter depending on demand.

Rasvar

I prefer not to walk from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom if I know I have a long day with a lot of standing ahead of me. However, if transportation is a disaster at the end of the night, I sure would be dragging my butt back that way.

Stine

Interestingly enough, we just received a phone call from Cinderella's Royal Table regarding our am breakfast reservation, advising us of the change in monorail hours and to let us know to adjust our plans accordingly. Too bad the hotel could not have been as proactive, but at least those with am reservations will be alerted.

cw1982

Interestingly enough, we just received a phone call from Cinderella's Royal Table regarding our am breakfast reservation, advising us of the change in monorail hours and to let us know to adjust our plans accordingly. Too bad the hotel could not have been as proactive, but at least those with am reservations will be alerted.

I find it very impressive on the part of CRT that they are being preemptive, especially considering that the hotels aren't doing their part. Good for them! At least someone over there is looking out for guests and trying to avoid unnecessary conflicts on the front end.

dstrawn9889

well, the ADR's are the ones that need to be let known that the monorails start later... i still do not see why an hour later start on the monorail would make someone cancel their ressie at a 7SL resort. sure a perk is the monorail station, but it is a PERK. you stay at the GF because you are staying at the Frikkin' Grand Floridian

cw1982

well, the ADR's are the ones that need to be let known that the monorails start later... i still do not see why an hour later start on the monorail would make someone cancel their ressie at a 7SL resort. sure a perk is the monorail station, but it is a PERK. you stay at the GF because you are staying at the Frikkin' Grand Floridian

I would argue that many staying at monorail resorts might choose other resorts if they didn't have the monorail line on them. Might not be true of everyone, but for many it's certainly a factor.

kbmum

We all enjoy our vacations in different ways. There are people, like my elderly parents, who never would have booked a monorail resort had they known the monorail wouldn't be available in the morning. If we had more time before our trip, they would have seriously considered a change in reservations. An hour late start is a big deal for them, since they prefer to go into the parks at opening before the lines are too long. They usually leave around noon to 1:00 and often don't go back into a park until the next morning. For them, any difficulty getting to the parks in the morning does impact their trip.

Last edited:

Rosko

Hi all, long time reader here and a poster on some of the other disney type sites. I've been planning and saving and forking over money to disney for my honeymoon/first anniversary for a LONG time now-over a year... I always wanted to stay at the CR since I was a kid(I've only been to WDW once In 1993) so I convinced my wife to stay in a TPV club level room at the contemporary(read: 'SPENSIVE!) We are going in September and I HOPE this will be over by then. We have an early ADR at Norway and Crystal Palace and plan to be in MK/Epcot for rope drop/early. Why would I want to walk in September heat when I can take the first monorail (which is partly why I've had to pay so much) and arrive NOT sweaty (so I can hug pooh and the princesses and not have them be all like 'eeewwww') this is kind of a big deal to me. Normally I'd never afford a monorail resort and I've seen the whole thread including "first world probs" and "oh it's not disneys fault" etc etc. I understand work has to be done-but it'd seems to be the much better idea to close them earlier at night where people are happy and fed and on their way to bed ESPECIALLY since Disney makes everyone micro plan my 'vacation' with their app and people have early times set for certain things as well as the fact I paid a metric buttload ton to stay at a resort to take advantage of the transportation. It seems disney has sunk to where Walt would be Rollin in his grave or near to coming out and slapping Staggs and Iger for some of the crap they allow to happen nowadays. So there's my rant. I'll be over here holding my breath waiting for my refund or upgrade to the presidential suite... **TURNS PURPLE**

Rosko

Or you stay at the GF or Poly or CR because you've dreamed of it since you were a kid and planned and saved and scrimped and returned cans and bottles for years to afford it just once... Then you get there and it's magic and you're going to Crystal Palace or Akershus for breakfast at 8, you walk to the monorail, you get to the platform and there's a CM there who says "by the way, we know you have an ADR at Crystal Palace, yeah um but the monorail isn't working". #Monofail

cw1982

Or you stay at the GF or Poly or CR because you've dreamed of it since you were a kid and planned and saved and scrimped and returned cans and bottles for years to afford it just once... Then you get there and it's magic and you're going to Crystal Palace or Akershus for breakfast at 8, you walk to the monorail, you get to the platform and there's a CM there who says "by the way, we know you have an ADR at Crystal Palace, yeah um but the monorail isn't working". #Monofail

Amen!

And I have to say, the whole "monofail" thing has me rolling on the floor laughing. Good one!

ETA: not laughing at your situation at all, but that one phrase totally caught me off guard. I hope it works out!

dstrawn9889

they are offering alternate transportation, or you could rent a car, ride the buses, borrow a horse, steal a bike, hey the opportunities are endless... they just aren't running the monorails in the HOUR before the MK opens and barning them early in the evening. although the 'world' iconic monorail is not running in the early morning does not mean that you cannot get where you are going. you have ample time (We are going in September) to figure an alternate route, or to move an ADR(just a thought). anyway this is invalid, as you know it will not be operating early because you took the time to check out what is going on in the world, that is where my arguement was based. the knuckleheads that pay a ton, then do not bother to make sure everything is kosher before leaving(including weather)

Last edited:

rob0519

It seems disney has sunk to where Walt would be Rollin in his grave or near to coming out and slapping Staggs and Iger for some of the crap they allow to happen nowadays. So there's my rant. I'll be over here holding my breath waiting for my refund or upgrade to the presidential suite... **TURNS PURPLE**

I'm a fan. I've been to the Disney Family Musem in San Francicso and seen the results of his accomplishments upclose, but I think maybe it's time to stop trying to figure out what Walt would do or what Walt would think about a given situation. It's easy to romanticize the thoughts and ideals of someone whose been dead for about 50 years. Walt Disney was a gifted, creative genius, but he never had to face the financial pressures of business over the last 50 years. Epcot barely resembles the project that Walt so famously presented in that black and white film. While brilliant and well meaning , building a city like that simply wasn't feasible. Given today's cut throat business climate, I'm sure he would need to make some very "Un-Walt like" decisions.

Admiral01

Premium Member

It isn't a perk. It is a basic design and functional aspect of the three resorts. When a guest pays a premium for a resort function, it isn't a perk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom