Monorail Shut Down

sweetpee_1993

@Clyde,

Contingency plan:

To get to the MK W/no monorail take a cab from your resort to the Contemporary. We've had money in hand before and hopped out just on the other side of the guard house. 5 minute walk & you're there.

To get from the MK to your resort w/no monorail walk over to the Contemporary, go to the valet stand, and they'll have a cab there for you in a flash.

I avoid the monorails when possible because I've been stuck in one for 30+ minutes just to get from the Poly to the MK.

Clyde

@Clyde,

Contingency plan:

To get to the MK W/no monorail take a cab from your resort to the Contemporary. We've had money in hand before and hopped out just on the other side of the guard house. 5 minute walk & you're there.

To get from the MK to your resort w/no monorail walk over to the Contemporary, go to the valet stand, and they'll have a cab there for you in a flash.

I avoid the monorails when possible because I've been stuck in one for 30+ minutes just to get from the Poly to the MK.
I live in FL and I'm actually driving in myself, but am staying off property for the first time ever. The cab thing is a great idea, but might be pretty expensive from the house I rented. :(

JWG

Off topic, but Kevin, in our latest Disney Files, they actually acknowledged the GF DVC! I was shocked.

It was acknowledged a year ago at the 2011 condominium meeting. Unlike the hidden BLT construction they haven't tried to hide this at all.

sweetpee_1993

I live in FL and I'm actually driving in myself, but am staying off property for the first time ever. The cab thing is a great idea, but might be pretty expensive from the house I rented. :(

Oh! My bad. Well, if you were staying on-property it's never too terribly expensive to do cabs. LOL! Oh! Hey! You could drive to the MK parking lot, walk over to the Poly from the TTC (there's signs pointing the way), then catch a cab from the front of the Poly over to the Contemporary and achieve the same basic thing that way. You'd be bypassing the monorail & ferry. Cost a few bucks in either direction and take a little walking but you wouldn't be standing around waiting forever. Right?

Clyde

Oh! My bad. Well, if you were staying on-property it's never too terribly expensive to do cabs. LOL! Oh! Hey! You could drive to the MK parking lot, walk over to the Poly from the TTC (there's signs pointing the way), then catch a cab from the front of the Poly over to the Contemporary and achieve the same basic thing that way. You'd be bypassing the monorail & ferry. Cost a few bucks in either direction and take a little walking but you wouldn't be standing around waiting forever. Right?
Yeah, even if it took the same amount of time to walk to the poly and catch a cab to the contemporary then walk over, it would still be better than waiting around imo. I'm leaving this afternoon after a 1/2 day at work and will spend the evening in downtown Disney. I hope the monorail system is back at 100% for tomorrow so I don't have to worry about any of this. I'll be there nice and early for rope drop so maybe I can by pass some of the crowds that way too.

WDWNooby

Good morning...leaving for the World today and just checking in to see if anyone knows if the Monorail is back in full working order? Trying to come up with travel plan if not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom