Monorail Shut Down

DougK

Original Poster
Just saw two monorails running but the sign at the station at MK still says Monorail service is down and they are not letting people up the ramps. We walked to the Contemporary and there is a big line of busses it is a mess.

I don't know if the two monorails I saw running had passengers or not.

Clyde

Holy cow! I will be there in two days. What is the best plan of action to making the entry into the magic kingdom smooth if this does not change? Do any of you have the best contingency ideas?

This is the kinda thing that can really put a damper on a Disney trip.

OKWBamaJim

Through some of the railies I know that are working tonight, they say the rails coming back online. Said another construction vehicle hit the power lines......

-Bama

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Holy cow! I will be there in two days. What is the best plan of action to making the entry into the magic kingdom smooth if this does not change? Do any of you have the best contingency ideas?

In the words of the great Perry Como:

♪ ♫ Take a bus, take a train​
Go and hop an aeroplane​
Put the wife and kiddies in the family car ♪ ♫​

There's always the bus or the boat

themulli

The monorail was out until 7 pm today. It went down around 11 AM. I was stuck waiting for a boat back to the Floridian for 45 mins. It was a disaster out of the MK.

backinaction

I was there a week ago and they had to stop the monorail completely for 2-3 minutes every time between stops. The monorail used to be so quick. It's just not made to handle this amount of people.

HokieDevil

If only this would lead to some sort of overhaul of the current transportation system. They need more than the buses. I'm completely biased and I love the monorails and this is why on my last trip in September the state of the monorails made me sad. It wasn't even running for a portion of my visit so everyone had to take the ferry. I just hope that from all of this there will be a silver lining to find some great solution...

KevinYee

Heard a rumor that the cause was construction at Grand Floridian DVC (not that such a project has been announced, mind you). They essentially cut through a power line by accident.

Tom

Beta Return
Heard a rumor that the cause was construction at Grand Floridian DVC (not that such a project has been announced, mind you). They essentially cut through a power line by accident.

Off topic, but Kevin, in our latest Disney Files, they actually acknowledged the GF DVC! I was shocked.

If someone cut a power line feeding a monorail substation or rectifier, I'd be smelling charred construction worker from here, LOL. But it's obvious it was something of this nature.

PalisadesPkteer

I will be in Disney World Saturday December 15. Maybe I will bump into you (this could happen you know since the monorail could still have problems and we may both be standing in line waiting for transportation!)

orky8

I was there a week ago and they had to stop the monorail completely for 2-3 minutes every time between stops. The monorail used to be so quick. It's just not made to handle this amount of people.

Yes, it was made to handle this amount of people. It was also designed to be well-maintained and cared for.

However, at least in this case, the issue was probably not monorail related, it seems, and a more general power issue.

JCtheparrothead

I was at the Christmas Party last night and they trip was unpleasant to say the least. The crowds coming out had a much worse time that those of us going in though. Just ugly. At least the resort monorails were running when i left at 11pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom