News Monorail Red in motion with guests on board and doors open

Winter

.......Wow...... I tend to defend Disney with a lot of the choices they make, in fact some stuff that gets a lot of hatred is actually stuff I actually like that it's happening..... but that is absolutetly horrible and unacceptable and the possiblity of them knowing it would happen bur not doing anything about it is absolutetly disgusting. The monrails need to be refurbished ASAP

TrojanUSC

I still can't fathom, why the same tourists who take the automate trains from the terminal to the baggage claim at the airport... with no drivers, no attendants, seemingly have no issues there.. and that system's been running for well over 20 years now.

That should have been done years ago. But hey, the Unions say we got to have jobs for the drivers.
Well assign those Drivers over to operating the small world ride or something okay?

Disney needs to scrape this big pile of suck, get new trains, real automation and they need to do it now.

Drivers have nothing to with it. Unsafe vehicles are still unsafe vehicles.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/women-injured-in-orlando-airport-tram-accident_20151106185820383

Yert3

Looks like Disney has put signs up. Provided by Blog Mickey
monorail-lean-signs-01092018-2.jpg

Uhhh, these have been there for months.

NearTheEars

I personally didn’t see them on the MK loop in early December. I admittedly don’t remember the exact trains we were on. Saw them for the first time yesterday and posted a photo in the Spirit thread. We were blacked out over Christmas.

Yert3

I personally didn’t see them on the MK loop in early December. I admittedly don’t remember the exact trains we were on. Saw them for the first time yesterday and posted a photo in the Spirit thread. We were blacked out over Christmas.
I know it’s a lot to ask to take someone’s word for it over the Internet, but I can promise you they’ve been up for a while now. I don’t know why the person who posted that video is acting like this is in response to the incident. Clickbait, I guess.

Bairstow

If by months you mean "hours", yes, they have.
Disney only put those signs up the day before the door incident this morning.
This timing is almost certainly not coincidental. They likely knew there could be an issue with the doors and chose to run the trains anyway. Disney is very, very lucky a child did not fall out.

Yert3

This timing is almost certainly not coincidental. They likely knew there could be an issue with the doors and chose to run the trains anyway. Disney is very, very lucky a child did not fall out.
Excuse me, but may I correct you? They have absolutely been there for months. I’m at the parks once a week or more.

Yert3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...55790247942.1073741838.100008006232634&type=3

Check the upload date of this picture I took.

jbolen2

They weren’t up in any train I rode in during my stay dec 15-23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom