News Monorail Red in motion with guests on board and doors open

Incomudro

Even if rammed from the inside out, shouldn't the door hold against such an impact?
How much momentum could a scooter gather side to side within the cabin?

Monorail_Red_77

I'm gonna just put this here. Holidays Services has been hinting at this all weekend.... LOL
I noticed this on the WDW Themed Tree on the Tree Trail at Disney Springs on Friday 11/09.

Just Sayin....

1542142105553.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it’s Parsing to rate anything as “better or worse”

They charge more for every single product with more and more frequency...so replace the trains or shut the lines down.

It’s obvious they are overtaxed...stop living in fantasy land on this.

s8film40

No one walked into the door. It was an a person going full speed (5mph?, 8mph?) in a mobility scooter. This dislodged the door from the actuator. It never fell off, the door was removed by Disney.
No the door fell off. From the report in the other thread it was being held on by the upper latch while in place and once moved the arms were no longer supporting it and it fell.

Rteetz

No the door fell off. From the report in the other thread it was being held on by the upper latch while in place and once moved the arms were no longer supporting it and it fell.
Here is the report I have...

A guest utilizing an ECV with a child in their lap lost control coming up the ramp and hit the door full speed. The door initially bucked from the train after the impact and the cast quickly deadheaded the car and notified maintenance. While trying to realign the door and secure it for the train to travel to MK for a further inspection the door came disconnected from the top actuator arm and fell down. There was no guests in the car at that time. From there the train was deadheaded and put out of service. Nothing failed on the train or was damaged. The door was pushed up during impact, the bottom actuator was bent up and the top slipped off of its mounting point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom