Monorail Pink/Purple questions.

mmzplanet

I don't disagree that there is a small group of Disney fans who will be aware of even the most minute details and this will be one of them. However, the average guest, who is the one more likely to blurt out the things I described above, will have no idea which is which in that context as long as it's not pink or purple.

I hear what you are saying. In that frame of mind (and to be a hair bit facetious :p), even of you alter the shade of Purple and call it Lavender/Grape/Violet or whatever as some suggest. Isn't it really still "Purple" to a kid or even a average guest? Its not like they ever know to call "Lime" and "Coral" those names already anyway.

KevinFSU

Being a personal injury attorney, the actual damaged areas of the monorails will not be repaired anytime in the near or distant future. Due to the potential for litigation from this, the damaged sections will certainly be preserved for evidence. Though on the face of it, there appears that there couldn't be any sort of personal injury claim as a result of worker's comp immunity, there are exceptions which could allow suit against the employer or fellow employees. There certainly has to be a work comp issue. There might also be some sort of products liability issues. Might also be some federal issues requiring them to preserve things since NTSB became involved. So as far as repairing the actual damaged part of the trains, ain't happenin.

I would imagine them putting the two trains together and making one, unless its easy to get replacement sections to replace the ones damaged. Don't suppose their is a monorail shop sitting around the corner.

PurpleDragon

I would imagine them putting the two trains together and making one, unless its easy to get replacement sections to replace the ones damaged. Don't suppose their is a monorail shop sitting around the corner.

They have a monorail shop around the corner for repair and maintenance, but the monorails themselves were custom made for Disney, but I can't recall the company that made them off the top of my head. I'm sure they will probably piece together pink and purple and paint it Chartreause or some random color that won't link it to the 2 colors in question, leaving the damaged parts untouched for legal/evidence use.

disfan411

i agree with you guys that said they will retire the colors. Disney just doesn't want people being reminded of what heppened when the pink or purple monorail pulls up so they will go with some other color.

krankenstein

They have a monorail shop around the corner for repair and maintenance, but the monorails themselves were custom made for Disney, but I can't recall the company that made them off the top of my head. I'm sure they will probably piece together pink and purple and paint it Chartreause or some random color that won't link it to the 2 colors in question, leaving the damaged parts untouched for legal/evidence use.

Didn't Bombardier build them?

kashmir

Too much like green/lime...what color is different from current existing colors and would be a welcome new addition?

mmzplanet

Too much like green/lime...what color is different from current existing colors and would be a welcome new addition?

Aqua... ha ha ha

For the love of Disney.... NO BROWN

We can go Baby Blue or DARK GREEN (but already green and lime...and names are an issue)

or NAVY (too easy to confuse as Black though)

It has to be very different... if its to close to distinguish form another at a distance... its kinda useless. Plus the color has to have a distinct name... really cant have a Monorail Light Blue or Monorail Dark Green.

cymbaldiva

I'm not sure the average guest would be aware that there was an accident, much less what color the monorails were ... please don't flame me, but I think the color change, while a sweet thought, is really unnecessary.

mmzplanet

I'm not sure the average guest would be aware that there was an accident, much less what color the monorails were ... please don't flame me, but I think the color change, while a sweet thought, is really unnecessary.

You are probably right. It depends on how the media plays out. Right now they are leaning on the colors pretty hard and the story made headlines internationally. If it tones down to "a monorail", I can see the colors left alone. We will know Disney's stance on the matter when the 11th one returns... If it is pink, chances of Purple returning are a tad higher.

Having Pink/Purple remain can be a good thing too. Those colors staying around will be a screaming reminder to all Pilots and Coordinators who see them to keep 100% focus on the job at hand. While sad, that is a good reminder to have. (But I couldn't blame them for wanting to retire them though)

EPCOT Explorer

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to retire the two colors involved in this event and choose new color(s) for the repaired trains.

Even separate from respect for the event (which would be reason enough), I would imagine they won't want to deal with the sarcastic comments that will be made by far too many people if the colors are re-used.

Just imagine someone yelling out "That's the one that killed the guy" as pink arrives at the monorail station. Try and sort that one out with the kids. Or, "I don't want to ride purple, that's the one the guy died in!"; let's wait for the next train.

It would likely be best overall if those colors were retired to put this horrible event behind everyone on the return of the train(s) to service.

Yes, exactly. There used to be numbers on the RnRC Trains, and they had to be removed because people knew which train had had someone die on it.

I have an odd question -- how would the normal public (in other words, those not like us here) know which train was which if the two trains returned to service with new colors? Does John Q. Public even know what the other 10 train colors are? :shrug:

I have to agree with cymbaldiva -- the color change, while a sweet sentiment, is probably unnecessary. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom