Monorail Pics.....

dclick4968

767450137_yjXBe-L.jpg

dixiegirl

I love this thread!!! I'm sorry but when I'm at Disney its like I still can't get enough pics of a monorail!!! My hubby will look at me and say " did'nt you take a pic of that last year?" Hello babe, new year new pic!!! Never enough pics! I'm still fascinated every time I see one go by , and we do have to stop (well I usually am the one with one of the girls that stops, maybe take another pic, and just watch, as the hubby keeps on walking)

LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Love the fact that in 30 days I'll be riding one of these!!

Oh, now that I think of it what the heck is with the horse barn smell on the monorail? I mean to us its another "Disney Smell" and it does'nt bother us but I oftened wondererd, it the air condioning? Ah what ever it is I LOVE IT!!!!!

montyz81

I love this thread!!! I'm sorry but when I'm at Disney its like I still can't get enough pics of a monorail!!! My hubby will look at me and say " did'nt you take a pic of that last year?" Hello babe, new year new pic!!! Never enough pics! I'm still fascinated every time I see one go by , and we do have to stop (well I usually am the one with one of the girls that stops, maybe take another pic, and just watch, as the hubby keeps on walking)

LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Love the fact that in 30 days I'll be riding one of these!!

Oh, now that I think of it what the heck is with the horse barn smell on the monorail? I mean to us its another "Disney Smell" and it does'nt bother us but I oftened wondererd, it the air condioning? Ah what ever it is I LOVE IT!!!!!
I agree completely. I try to take as many unique pictures as I can of the monorail. It is probably my favorite non-ride in all of Disney.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Of course I have to include my son in a picture with the Monorails

montyz81

This is the best monorail picture I have ever seen!

Montyz81 that pic is breathtaking, l I'd buy a poster of that!!! How and what did you use to get that pic...Or as my 7 year old just said "how did he do they do that"?
I didn't take it. I found it on the internet. There is a more up to date picture of that that was taken in the past few years. I'll see if I can find it. That one was obviously taken at Epcot's 15th Anv which puts it roughly in 1997. I was told that the picture is two different pictures superimposed onto each other. I don't think it is possible to get 2 monorails like that inside Epcot unless it was set up specifically. Isn't 2 the largest number of Trains they use on the Epcot line?

Minnie1976

Hoy Crap when was that pic taken?? All those people!!!!

Dec. 28, 2009. After Chrsitmas the crowds kept growing. That is almost what I said when I saw the line. We were trying to get back to our hotel to catch the Magical Express. We were coming from Epcot and wanted to see Main Street and the Castle one last time before we left. We managed to catch the monorail to the hotels and got off at the Magic Kingdom for one last good bye before we got on the bus for POPS to go home.

Kamikaze

WOW!! Nice angle!!

Okay... I am having issues uploading my drawings... Any pointers to help me out??

The easiest way is to upload them somewhere first (say, Flickr or Picasa web albums) and then just post the embedded img url that they give you.

Nemo14

I didn't take it. I found it on the internet. There is a more up to date picture of that that was taken in the past few years. I'll see if I can find it. That one was obviously taken at Epcot's 15th Anv which puts it roughly in 1997. I was told that the picture is two different pictures superimposed onto each other. I don't think it is possible to get 2 monorails like that inside Epcot unless it was set up specifically. Isn't 2 the largest number of Trains they use on the Epcot line?
Tom (WDWFigment) took it -
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=500501&highlight=monorail

montyz81

While we are on the topic, can any share with us if it is in fact true that Monorail Mark IV's Silver and Gold are stored in a warehouse somewhere. I am not talking about the two that went to Las Vegas, I am talking about 2 full train sets that were just put in storage as a backup plan for the Mark VIs. Anyone have any info on this at all?

s8film40

While we are on the topic, can any share with us if it is in fact true that Monorail Mark IV's Silver and Gold are stored in a warehouse somewhere. I am not talking about the two that went to Las Vegas, I am talking about 2 full train sets that were just put in storage as a backup plan for the Mark VIs. Anyone have any info on this at all?

It was actually Red and Silver that were stored. I was very fortunate some time ago and got a tour of the warehouse. The trains eventually were removed from the warehouse the 1st car of red was sold on eBay as well as some doors, consoles and various items that were removed before they had them scrapped. I took some photos and being that this is a photo thread I'll put a few up.

SLg7Zl.jpg

BAu2ql.jpg

k5qBql.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom