Monorail Orange loses all power causing evacuation

TrainsOfDisney

"several minutes"? I guess that's not a complete disaster. I would have been in full panic attack mode but at least i wouldn't have subjected other guests to that for terribly long. 😄
Had to be 5-10 minutes for someone to get to the tow, 5-10 minutes to get through the first switch, 5-10 minutes to get to the monorail, 5-10 minutes to get it to the station. So anywhere from 20-40 minutes minnimum.

Goofyernmost

If the monorail breaks down the monorail does not eat the tourists
Just guessing here, but that part of the track is downhill toward MK, If they pushed it back in to the contemporary they still would have had to get the people to MK where they were headed. Since it is pretty much downhill all the way to the MK station, it is probably easier and no more then a couple of minutes longer for the passengers. Going backwards would have created a major delay for the riders.

donsullivan

Premium Member
This is absolute speculation, but I wonder if this has something to do with the extraordinary heat we’re experiencing right now. We are tieing or setting all kinds of heat index records lately.Heat index has been 105-108 most every day the last couple of weeks.

The Mrs

This is absolute speculation, but I wonder if this has something to do with the extraordinary heat we’re experiencing right now. We are tieing or setting all kinds of heat index records lately.Heat index has been 105-108 most every day the last couple of weeks.
I feel like since it's in Florida maybe heat should be expected and something it can handle?
If it died during a freak snow storm that could be understandable.
Not to mention, a hot day is the worst time to be stranded without ac.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom