Monorail Orange loses all power causing evacuation

donsullivan

Premium Member
Crazy story!
The video shows guests removing the windows and placing them on the floor after instructions from CMs.

They brought the tug out and towed it to MK station. they had all the evac equipment out there but on the video I saw, nobody was evacuated at height. With a heat index around 105 today it did likely get a little warm.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Funny thing is, it would have been much faster to take the monorail into the contemp...
Actually since they were on the Express line what they did was the best approach. It got the guests to their intended destination quicker vs having to walk from Contemporary (and go through security again). It also allowed them to just push the train back through the switch in front of Space Mountain back to the roundhouse for repair after unloading passengers at MK station. As long as that tug is on the beam, the whole system shuts down so this was the fastest way to get passengers to their destination and get the broken train off the beam to restore service.

Goofyernmost

That is the exact location that I always hold my breath on. It is the highest point that the monorail travels on and I would assume the toughest one to evacuate. Oh, and by the way, the title of this thread says "loses power and is evacuated". When did it get evacuated? From what I could see, it didn't. All's well with a slight delay. I'm sure the riders were rewarded at the station in MK.

TikibirdLand

Well, at least all the pieces stayed on the monorail.. I mean, there's that.

ETA: Didn't get much detail on what was to the left of the monorail. It looked like it may have been very close to the MK loading area. Why didn't the tug simply push it back there?

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
"several minutes"? I guess that's not a complete disaster. I would have been in full panic attack mode but at least i wouldn't have subjected other guests to that for terribly long. 😄

Epct82

the camera man is horrible.
Quick whoosh! to one side, zoom in.
Quick whoosh! to the other side, zoom back out.
Repeat....

Yeah I couldn't take more than a minute and a half of that before feeling a tad queasy. For future reference, people, learn the art of the SLOW zoom, and don't turn from side-to-side while filming like you're dancing the Twist.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Quick whoosh! to one side, zoom in.
Quick whoosh! to the other side, zoom back out.
Repeat....

Yeah I couldn't take more than a minute and a half of that before feeling a tad queasy. For future reference, people, learn the art of the SLOW zoom, and don't turn from side-to-side while filming like you're dancing the Twist.
it was horrible

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

What free stuff did the guests get out of this?
1629521039897.png

CAST MEMBER: "HERE ARE 2 FREE PASSES."

GUEST STUCK ON MONORAIL: "BUT THERE ARE FOUR OF US"

CAST MEMBER: "HERE ARE 2 FREE PASSES"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom