Monorail maintenance building

mikeymouse

7b42re2.jpg

b692re2.jpg

mikeymouse

Does anyone know if Epcot's Friendships have a similar dock or do they just moor at a resort? I can't recall ever seeing a dock.

I think there is a dock at the International Gateway entrance to the park on the France side of the canal. There is nothing else there, but a dock.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The trains need to stop where the pilots can get in and out :wave:

I *think* the T&TC is the regular overnight stay for the 11th and 12th.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I was under the impression that during the last big storm that came through, one monorail was parked at Epcot station and high winds caused some sort of damaged to the train, causing the delayed opening of the Epcot line the next day.

Maybe i'm mis-remembering things though.

tnchefbear

just a couple quick notes....

usually the monorails are parked in the TTC overnight... and they do not stay out more than one night because of the preventive maintance checks that are required by the operational SOP's...

the steam engines and the cars for the railraod have tracks and bays under the monorails... my avatar is a pic of them bring one of the trains out in the morning and having to wait for the first roundtrip to clear the switch... also interesting to note is that one engine is almost always broken down for maintance, cleaning, and painting.... this is why you will never see all four out at one time...

the friendships have a dry dock and port at EPCOT Imagineering behind China... this is also where they store and load the barges for Illuminations...

And as for additional bays for the monorail system, a building was built when AK was constructed for monorails... at that time they were still planning the extension so they built the building but obviously it was never used for this...

hope all this helps

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Yes indeed, there is a storage/maintenance area behind China in Epcot for the Friendships.
The trains do spend the night in the monorail building and the second monorail building does exist but it is much smaller.

Thanks for your input tnchefbear.

peter11435

There are only 12 monorails.

There is only room for 10 in the maintenance building.

I am pretty sure that Disney owns 14 monorails but they operate 12 (The other 2 have been retired).

Why do I see 11 slots on the sattelite pictures?
The ten original monorails were all retired and replaced by 12 new monorails. While Disney does still have some of them they are kept in an entirely different location.

While there are 11 beams one of them is used for the tractors and not a monorail.

peter11435

The original fleet was:

Black
Silver
Gold
Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
Purple
Pink
Orange

The new fleet is all those same colors plus Lime and Coral.

DFD111

Second Monorail Building

Where is the new Monorail Building located? Does anyone have pictures? Would this just be a maintance facility or would it be a monorail terminal for AK?? If they were to extend the monorail to AK would they also connect to MGM as a loop and just go to the Epcot Station or would they try to connect all the way back to the TTC???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom