Monorail Expansion?

it398

Original Poster
I'll be honest i'm sceptical about this. i also don't believe that it will happen, but......

according to a magic behind our trains tour, 12.6M http://www.atlantisattitude.com/audio/Audio/Misc/
in oct 05 the guide mentioned that he believed that within 6 months or so they may be putting in plyons for monorail expansions to prevent gridlock.
i admit it said that the survey that disney carried out a few years back would be affected by 9/11 and that they have not opened many new hotels but even so.

THIS IS ONLY CAST MEMBER SPECULATION, so i'm still scepticle and i'll believe it when i see it.

bhg469

Oh lord i hope you have a flack jacket. Be prepared for the rudest members on the forum. Thanks for the post though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here we go... an E ride rollercoaster of forums!

In all fairness, it is no secret TWDC have done numerous surveys on a "total property intergrated transport system" without relying on buses - they are on public record as knowing something needs to be done, and done sooner rather than later. The question is what, and at what cost.

I don't really see a expansion coming so to say but given the move towards "green" vehicles in America, I'd guess their next move may not be with the monorails but with the buses to make them big stinky things more friendly to the enviroment. Just my two cents..LOL Heck maybe they will switch the monorails over to solar to be self supportive... :)

I agree with him... I think we will see an expansion in the near future... i was also talking to a cast member when i was there last summer and he said "if there will be a 6th park... there will be extensions to the monorail and extractions to buses" that's just what i have heard, like all of you say that he's just a CM but who knows!

MickeyMan101

Interruption?

You know, I know it's not gonna happen, but I hope that what he says turns out to be true, just so you guys feel like idiots for acting so rudely.

Connor002

There is very little to no economic feasibility to monorail expansion. The odds of it happening are less than that of winning the lottery; not impossible, but it may as well be.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The monorail could easily be expanded to include the Wilderness lodge, without adding a single pilon. It would be very simple to build a monorail station around the railing that already passes over the entrance to Wilderness lodge, then have a tram run from the bus stop to the monorail station. It would however, be one way to Epcot, then back to the TTC, but it would be simple and inexpensive to do to include this MK resort on the monorail line.

RonAnnArbor

I know we have posts ad nauseum about this, and yet people are still fascinated by it (and YES it does seem we have a posting link problem with this post)

The recent expansion of the Las Vegas Monorail cost 150 million dollars PER MILE...if would have cost 87 million dollars per mile had they not had to install an entirely new mechanical infrastructure, more inline with the expansion people have been talking about at WDW. SO - at 87 million a mile - and those resorts are MILES apart - you are going to buy exactly what to help the transportation system with a full train that carries 350 people at most? There is a reason people get heated about this topic - the same thing happend when someone posted in the Cedar Point forum about a monorail down the causeway. People are fascinated with trains. The monetary and energy feasibility with cost per rider makes it completely impracticle and unaffordable, and adds nothing to what is already there. Monorails are cool! Expanding them is an idea that will never come.

On the other hand, there is absolutely no call for people to be rude and nasty when this topic comes up. Just refer to the person to a search of the forums and let them read for themselves. That is what happens when forums begin to age and constantly have new members joining in.

RonAnnArbor said:
I know we have posts ad nauseum about this, and yet people are still fascinated by it (and YES it does seem we have a posting link problem with this post)

...Monorails are cool! Expanding them is an idea that will never come..

Humm, NEVER SAY NEVER!!:drevil: i'm sure there are possibility's of extending the monorail without spending, what did you say, 87 million? (something like that) all you have to do is let your imagination run wild!! just as disney does...:animwink:

MickeyMan101

P.S. in my earlier post i did mean the 5th park...

peter11435

MickeyMan101 said:
i'm sure there are possibility's of extending the monorail without spending, what did you say, 87 million?

Nope. Monorails are very expensive. If anything it would cost more than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom