Monorail expansion

disneyfreak53

Original Poster
Hey I was browsing the web and thought of a great idea; expand the monorail so it connects all 4 parks, DTD and other resorts. So I googled it to see if anything came up and according to monorails.org, WDW is planning on making a new addition to the track. A new switch and spur line will be added in the area by the TTC. This will allow a maintenance vehicle to be kept in a central location, as well as an additional train that could be put into service if another train needs maintenance or if guest traffic increases.

So my question is what does everybody think of this? Do you think this will make the monorail system more organized and run smoothly? What about expanding the system so it connects the entire WDW?
:shrug:

_Scar

Wrong forum. Cool idea that, no matter what, people think of- but it will never happen anytime soon. It's very expensive.

SeaCastle

can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

In all seriousness, in the long term it's economically viable, as replacing the 400-something busses would save loads of money. But the management is a bit shortsighted these days so it's highly unlikely that we'll see an expansion of the monorail system anytime soon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Eh oh....

DF53; try a thread search. You`ll find dozens and dozens of threads covering this topic already.

Bravo 229

I read in an article somewhere that it would probably cost Disney $100 million to expand the lines about 10 miles. It would be nice to have a resort-wide monorail connecting all of the parks and resorts, but it would be too expensive. Side note: the article also stated that a certain resort has a monorail right-of-way clause in their DVC agreement, in the event that a monorail was ever built through the property.

_Scar

I read in an article somewhere that it would probably cost Disney $100 million to expand the lines about 10 miles. It would be nice to have a resort-wide monorail connecting all of the parks and resorts, but it would be too expensive. Side note: the article also stated that a certain resort has a monorail right-of-way clause in their DVC agreement, in the event that a monorail was ever built through the property.

It's probably more than that today if I had to guess.

Monorail right of way clause? DVC? What? OKW, the original DVC?

sellsje

They say it's not gonna happen. They say it's too expensive.

Is it really more expensive than roads and buses?

Or do Oil and Auto lobbyist get involved when ever there is talk of expansion?

raiden

Wow! That's.... far. Really far!

Maybe. I believe if they ever(yea right) expanded the monorail it would be to connect the TTC to DTD. That way the EPCOT resorts and the magic kingdom resorts would have access to DTD via monorail. Now I don't believe there would be a stop at SSR but it would most definitely run through the resort. I've seen photos of a model that has the monorail running throughout the then Disney instiute and Disney village.

Kamikaze

It would be much, much more than $10 million a mile. Probably closer to $100m/mi than $10.

Mickey is King

It would be much, much more than $10 million a mile. Probably closer to $100m/mi than $10.

I think Disney is probably more interested in dumping the money into the "high speed rail" that might run from MCO to the resort(s)..

Although an interconnected WDW by monorail would be, how shall we say- the most awesome thing since- Horizons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom