Monorail Display Toys

wcox377492

Original Poster
Has anyone seen, or does anyone know if there are or will be any more additions for the monorail/parks displays like the train station and the tree of life which were released last year? I love what they've done with so many of the classic rides like the teacups, dumbo, the haunted mansion, etc., as well as a few of the hotels.

Any help would be great!

pan11435

The have released two new sets. One contains:
-Walt Disney World Entry Archway (Lights Up)
-Grand Floridian Resort Entrance sign (Lights Up)
-Polynesian Resort Entrance Sign
-Contemporary Resort Entrance sign
-Walt Disney World Road sign

The other contains:
-Tomorraland Metal Palm Tree
-Main Street Lamp Post (Lights up)
-Contemporary Upside-down Cup tree thingy.

Sir Hiss527

Man i'm to cheap to actually buy all those awesome toys..to much money..but I hope to one day get them all..Did you say that's there's the "Tree of Life"?

MonorailGreen

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Man i'm to cheap to actually buy all those awesome toys..to much money..but I hope to one day get them all..Did you say that's there's the "Tree of Life"?

There is a Tree of Life set that they sell... :slurp:
I want it too!!

phlydude

I had a whole bedroom dedicated to the Monorail set-up, setting it as close to scale as possible.

My wife made me take it apart so that my in-laws didn't have to sleep on the basement floor (it's finished) when they came to visit from Boston. :mad:

I need a bigger hours to set this up all over again!!!!!:wave:

I will be going in August and it is going to be a hard sell on getting the additions that were listed here. I might have to sneak ship them home!

BTW - I needed that red monorail sooooo bad. I found it on E-bay mislabeled and got it for a song ($50 new).:sohappy: They are running well over that now since they are out of production. Keep your eyes open and if you see one, jump on it, they haven't made the red ones in over 2 years!;)

mikeb_86

Warning Long Post!!!

Ever sice it came out i collect the train and the Monoral and the diecast collections. I had every thing for the batery operated train and the batery Monoral since i went in Jully,2003. So when did this new things apper and is thare anything to add to the battery train this year? Also do you know if thay have new colors for this year? I two am looking for a color its the green one very rare i hare im hoping thare going to make more. I only have 1 black one but sice last year when the TTC came out im all for geting a yellow red and if i see one agen green. I gust cant get enough of this. I am looking to add on to the set is thare a site whare i can see this?

Thanks,
mikeb_86

P.S

Sorry about the long post i know some of you may not like it but you know this is a huge thing when i go to WDW!!!

phlydude

The green one must be new. I hadn't seen it in WDW before.

I will have to dig around on the yahoo forums:veryconfu

mikeb_86

Hay phlydude i did rember i saw it in 1999 i beleve but i dont know if thay made anymore. Does anyone have a like or pics of the new things stated at the beging of the thrend?

Thats all
mikeb_86

phlydude

If you are thinking the yellow one is the green one, then you are correct (the color is yellow though)

As far as the actual monorail trains go there are 5 different ones:
1 - Tokyo Disney monorail (you can tell it is Tokyo because of the Mickey ear windows)
2 - Disneyland Mark IV - has a blue stripe and is 5 cars long
3 - Disney World Mark VI - red stripe (1st of the WDW monorail toys)
4 - Disney World Mark VI - black stripe
5 - Disney World Mark VI - yellow stripe

The WDW monorail toys have 6 cars instead of 5.

There are many pictures of the monorails in the yahoo forums. You just have to join them to see what the people have.

You can also check on E-bay, people will post detailed pics from time to time.

Figment1986

Interesting, I only own the contemporary, polinesian, grand floridian, spaceship earth, and the RED monorail... mostly mint condtion from going round a christmas tree for two years, I wish i could get another one, and some wood for my room, hehe...

make the monorail run in my room suspended high near my top bunk...

the-reason14

I have a monarail toy complete with a contemparary resort in my den. I also have it going around the california screamin coaster.

Do they even sale california screamin in WDW anymore?:confused:

phlydude

Originally posted by monorailmike
If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say that this is a toy that has been repainted green. A tip off is the line that stronger motor options are avaiable. Be wary of things like this.

From the Ebay description: "This auction is for a NEW! battery powered Walt Disney World Monorail with a GREEN stripe. Not available at any of the Disney parks, exclusively offered from MMB . Other colors (see picture) and motor upgrades available, contact us. Set includes: track to make a 61" oval or a 49" circle, monorail has working sound and lights. For the true Disney monorail collector, a must have! "

This is a company that modifies the monorail sets to put stronger motors in and remote control units and things of that nature. If you like the monorail and don't want to collect it, this is a great thing. If you want to occasionally use it and keep it more as a collectable, buy the original colors and don't modify it.

Way to tell if the red monorail is the original? The box is different than the current boxes with more of a golden gate type design on the new ones and a water splash type effect with a red stripe all along the outside of the box for the red one.

westie

I have a couple of the battery powered ones. My latest I picked up at DCA and it came with a Golden Gate Bridge. I forget what color it is but, as they are used at Christmas. I also bought as much extra track as I could find. Glad to see there are others like me and, forgiving wives of over-collecting husbands.

phlydude

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1042&item=3192946189&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Link to a person selling a monorail toy on E-bay (could be the red one but they don't show the train).

My wife finally made me box all my stuff up. She'll just have to wait to get her payback. I am going to take a whole room in the basement of the next house I buy to house my monorail set-up.

I had it all set-up:
3 monorails (red, yellow, black)
TTC
Polynesian
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Teacups
Dumbo
Astro Orbiter
Haunted Mansion
Cinderella's Castle
Spaceship Earth
Main Street Station
and the Disney World railroad train

WDW only, no Disneyland stuff (since I have never been there!)

I thought I was bad but I have seen people take up their whole living rooms with multi-level set-ups.

Crazy!

phlydude

Originally posted by westie
If you can, please post a photo or another link. I'd love to see something like that. Thanks!

I'm sorry, I never took a picture of my set-up, I had always thought I would have it set-up. You can see some of these set-ups in the Yahoo! groups if you do a group search for Disney Monorail (one has a 98 at the end and has tons of pics)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom