Monorail Display Toys

phlydude

Originally posted by MKBurn15
How much are these toys on average?

The monorails themsleves, Spaceship Earth and the hotels costs $60 a piece.

The smaller attractions cost between $20-30

Extra track costs $12-15 per four section box

Attraction connectors cost $10 (they make the moving rides turn on as the monorail passes)

The train was in between $40-60 (I can't remember) and so was main street station.

TTC was $50-60 but was well worth it because it has recordings of all the monorail spiels built in and they play when the monorail goes by depending on it's destination.

I made quite an investment in this stuff and the folks at World of Disney tried everything they could to get me discounts when I purchased a ton of stuff one time (I had it shipped in 4 boxes because there was so much.)

My wife was mortified that I was buying "these toys" but thought it was cool after I set it up.

zdonahue

Any suggestions as to the best place to purchase all of the toys? I've been thinking about starting the collection but just haven't known the best (and most cost effective) place to start buying track, Contemporary, SE, Polynesian and so on.

What's the best way to get all of the current pieces without taking out a loan?

Thanks for any information.

phlydude

Originally posted by MKBurn15
Do they sell Cinderella castle and if so, how much is it about?

Yeas they do but it isn't marketed as a monorail toy but more like a little girl's doll house. It runs $80-90 (?? definitely over 60)

Originally posted by zdonahue
Any suggestions as to the best place to purchase all of the toys? I've been thinking about starting the collection but just haven't known the best (and most cost effective) place to start buying track, Contemporary, SE, Polynesian and so on.

What's the best way to get all of the current pieces without taking out a loan?

Thanks for any information.

Best way to get it all is to make a trip to Downtown Disney in WDW and go to the shop where all they sell is toys. Every piece is sold there (as opposed to when I bought it, you couldn't get the Polynesian anywhere but the Poly!). You may have some issues finding certain colors of trains so Ebay is going to be your bet there. If you do buy everything there, ask them to ship it home for you (You'll save the sales tax).

Taking out a loan - you might have to. It is very expensive any way you do it and Ebay hasn't been the clearing house everyone thought it would be.

Since1976

This thread has me practically salivating.

I saw the monorail toys at World of Disney (at Downtown Disney) in 2002, and I briefly considered buying one and sending it home.

Now that I'm in I-miss-WDW-really-bad mode, I really regret not buying the toy. It was pretty pricey, but boy would it be fun to have running through my home office.

The question now is, do I buy the toy marked up from one of these online vendors, or do I wait 'til my next trip, in 2006?

Decisions, decisions...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Why wait until 2006, or pay higher prices?

Merchandise Guest Services - 407-363-6200
wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com

This announcement made possible by us Disney freaks who keep their receipts as souvenirs. ;)

I haven't opened up my SSE yet. I really wanted to get more track plus the TTC before doing it. Like the other monorail nuts running loose here, I want it all! And I want to set it all up, just like it is at WDW.

phlydude

Originally posted by Since1976
This thread has me practically salivating.

I saw the monorail toys at World of Disney (at Downtown Disney) in 2002, and I briefly considered buying one and sending it home.

Now that I'm in I-miss-WDW-really-bad mode, I really regret not buying the toy. It was pretty pricey, but boy would it be fun to have running through my home office.

The question now is, do I buy the toy marked up from one of these online vendors, or do I wait 'til my next trip, in 2006?

Decisions, decisions...

Call WDW merchandising and have them ship it to you! No more than it would cost in the park!!

Since1976

<b>Call WDW merchandising and have them ship it to you! No more than it would cost in the park!!</b>

You've sealed my fate. Once my wife sees how much I will have spent on monorail toys, she's going to kill me.

phlydude

Originally posted by Since1976
<b>Call WDW merchandising and have them ship it to you! No more than it would cost in the park!!</b>

You've sealed my fate. Once my wife sees how much I will have spent on monorail toys, she's going to kill me.

Just blame it on me, I'm used to getting blamed for all sorts of things!!:veryconfu

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Sorry, didn't read all the posts on this, which store in which park would be best for purchasing these items? Especially the Main Street lampost. And does anyone have a phone # for said store?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

phlydude

Originally posted by HennieBogan1966
Sorry, didn't read all the posts on this, which store in which park would be best for purchasing these items? Especially the Main Street lampost. And does anyone have a phone # for said store?

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Just check out the top post on page 3 of the thread. The number for WDW merchandising is there twice.

Buying the monorail sets, the Toy store in DTD is best because they carry every piece. I relly haven't seen the monorail pieces being sold in the parks before. In the resorts, yes but not in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom