Monorail Crash in 1980?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invero

Originally posted by Monorail Lime
They haven't taken them out because the ceilings need the support they provide, which is ashame because they handicapable cars would be much less of a hassle without them.

Actually... they're just there so that folks standing can have something to hold onto. As a side note, Monorail Lime is now receiving extra wheelchair-accessable cars... they're moving the stanchions to an off-center position... It's only being done in Lime Car 3 as a test, currently.

Why isn't this being done in all cars, you ask? I mean... it would make sense to make them all accessable... And you're right, it would make sense... however... unfortunetly... because the monorails are not level with the platform (but that's another issue altogether), it requires a monorail host or hostess to provide a ramp for those guests travelling with wheelchairs. Currently, We only have one half of cars 3 and 4... so it's easy for the unloader to check to see if someone might require a ramp. However, having to check the entire train every time would be a logistical nightmare.

meekoman

Hi everyone..
Just realized that there was a message board on this site.

Thanks for all the great info, especially to Tyler. The monorail is my favorite ride mainly becasue it is the first ride of the day and with it all the anticipation of the day ahead. I even had the whole narration put on the custom cd that you can make.

thanks again

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by meekoman
Hi everyone..
Just realized that there was a message board on this site.

Thanks for all the great info, especially to Tyler. The monorail is my favorite ride mainly becasue it is the first ride of the day and with it all the anticipation of the day ahead. I even had the whole narration put on the custom cd that you can make.

thanks again

I had to get the narration off KaZaA.com because they took out the Create a CD booth at DTD so if anyone knows where I can find the EPCOT narration please tell me. I can't find it on KaZaZ or Morpheus.

JoeZerboy

Not exactly a "crash" question...

Not exactly a question that is "on topic", but as there are at least a couple of monorail pilots reading I thought I'd ask since I'm not sure if it has been covered elsewhere yet...

I plan on attending WDW in a few weeks, but am not staying on site [I know...silly me]. I was wondering if I and my companion would be able to request to sit with the pilot between TTC and the MK or between the TTC and EPCOT?

Any advice would be graciously accepted.

Joe :D

TURKEY

Re: Not exactly a "crash" question...

Originally posted by JoeZerboy
Not exactly a question that is "on topic", but as there are at least a couple of monorail pilots reading I thought I'd ask since I'm not sure if it has been covered elsewhere yet...

I plan on attending WDW in a few weeks, but am not staying on site [I know...silly me]. I was wondering if I and my companion would be able to request to sit with the pilot between TTC and the MK or between the TTC and EPCOT?

Any advice would be graciously accepted.

Joe :D

As long as you show up to ride the monorail, you can get up front. The CMs don't ask if you stay on property or not.

Invero

Re: Not exactly a "crash" question...

Originally posted by JoeZerboy
I was wondering if I and my companion would be able to request to sit with the pilot between TTC and the MK or between the TTC and EPCOT?

All you have to do is ask. If it's taken, ask for the next available train. Max capacity is 4 bodies.

JoeZerboy

Thanks for the replies, Brent and Tyler. :) In all the years I've been going I've never taken advantage of that option. I appreciate the help.

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: Not exactly a "crash" question...

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

All you have to do is ask. If it's taken, ask for the next available train. Max capacity is 4 bodies.

In my experience, having a "hot" teenage girl with you increases the chances! ;)

TURKEY

Originally posted by Disney campers
the EPCOT route is a nice one to ride up front, do they let riders in the last car??

What do you mean? The cockpit in the last car?

If that's the question you asked, then no they do not. They don't want guests in there without any supervision from a CM.

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Well, sense the resort monorail technically goes backwards, yes. :) Many times. Why do you ask? :D

Invero

Originally posted by DonickCo
Has anyone ever ridden in the back cockpit?
If a guest does try and 'sneak' into the back cab... we will usually go up to them and ask them to exit the cab. If the train starts moving before we catch it, we will kill power, and the train will stop halfway out of the station, at which point we will have the guests exit the train. At this point, they're usually quite embarrassed. However, it is a serious safety risk to have guests ride un-attended in the non-operating cab.

jennifersegrave

Hi everyone! Just joined and wanted to say Hi! This topic is cool since I never did get to ride with the driver either. Would be really neat. Maybe next time on my visit to WDW!:animwink:

Pioneer Hall

Tyler what happens if you get a family that has more than four people? Do you make them spilt up or are they allowed to stay together.

Also I'm talking about a regular maybe 5 person family (3 younger kids), not like a tourist group with 9 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom