Monorail beam cleaning in Epcot - looks fantastic

mickey2008.1

I guess they should clean the rails on the WDWRR too?
:shrug:

I've never seen anyone here complain about how dirty the beams were until they actually started cleaning them. Then people started saying "that looks awful" and "it never should have been left like that".

In my eyes, this is all a waste of time and money. Then again I think a bunch of other things that the parks do are a waste of money while most other on this site think they are great ideas.
Maybe not a waste of time and money, but they will only look that way for a short period of time. i dont see them cleaning the rubber off of the roads. Which is all it is. So now TDO has to scrub the roads to new color? I have always seen the beam, and realized it was fom the monorail! Its called use. It happens. I like that they are cleaned, but come on. I visit twice a year for days each time, so im not a regular as people on this board appear or want to be, but the parks are in pretty good condition 90% of the time. Maintenance happens for two reasons, one- its broken, two- its needs cleaned. Its twenty twenty hind sight." I didnt realize it was that bad until we saw it. " Kind of like cleaning out a car.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Glad to see the interest in the beam cleaning and sealing at Epcot. My company is the contractor responsible for this cleaning and sealing. We have been trying to get WDW to consider this since 1994. We are glad they finally prioritised this and hired us to do it.

We have a great team of guys working on this. Mentions of Tony Ridge his crew and others supporting us at WDW Monorail Ops cant be high enough in acalaids.

WDW isnt big on having companies post pics of thier work for advertising etc. however if we get permission to post some pics of before and afters of the beams we will.

Thanks for noticing!

AC Lockyer

Thanks for getting the job done, looks wonderful and is very much appreciated by Epcot fans!!

Some good before and afters at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Epcot/News/01Feb2010-Monorail-beam-refurbishment-in-Epcot.htm if anyone hasn't seen.

Hopefully once Epcot is done it can move over to the TTC.

GMRO

AC Lockyer,

Well what ever you are doing, please keep it going. The beams look fantastic from what I see in the pics. Dingyness is GONE!

We leave in 12 days for WDW. Can't wait to see them in person, the BEAMS I mean. ;)

Glad Disney got this going. Very nice!

majorrfb

Makes a BIG difference

:sohappy:

While I'd love to see the whole system clean, I'll take the in-park sections.

The clean beam makes a hugh difference in the park atmosphere. EPCOT is a beautiful park and the cleaning only adds to be ambiance. Hopefully, this beam cleaning will continue throughout Disney properties. :rolleyes:

raven

Last night the tug was brought out pulling a maintenence vehicle behind it to clean the part of the beams over the water. The vehicle has side arms for workers to stand on that lower to the hight needed. Pretty cool to watch!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Last night the tug was brought out pulling a maintenence vehicle behind it to clean the part of the beams over the water. The vehicle has side arms for workers to stand on that lower to the hight needed. Pretty cool to watch!

Good stuff! That last little bit will eb great to see done. Any idea if things are going to move towards the front of the park?

tuppence

Looks spectacular. Can't wait to see it up close in June! :)

Now if I could only get those guys to come up here and clean my concrete patio just as good, then I'd be REALLY happy! :)

Kamikaze

Hello,

Glad to see the interest in the beam cleaning and sealing at Epcot. My company is the contractor responsible for this cleaning and sealing. We have been trying to get WDW to consider this since 1994. We are glad they finally prioritised this and hired us to do it.

We have a great team of guys working on this. Mentions of Tony Ridge his crew and others supporting us at WDW Monorail Ops cant be high enough in acalaids.

WDW isnt big on having companies post pics of thier work for advertising etc. however if we get permission to post some pics of before and afters of the beams we will.

Thanks for noticing!

AC Lockyer

Really?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom