Monorail Accident

EPCOT Explorer

That is 100% correct.. Which is why I would believe that it was done with intent.. Also, for the pilot to 'not see' the other train (blinking rear marker if nothing else) in enough time would require a GROSS speed overrun in the same area... the way the beam turns entering the TTC, thats all that would prevent the 'naked eye' from seeing it...

My feelings are that this is going to be pilot error, or intent... either way, no less tragic.

:(:(

So...You think he did this on purpose? Wouldn't the speed he was going have been noted, or stopped by the controllers?

Do we know if this was the driver of the moving or stationary Monorail and/or if he was driving monorail pink or purple? Also, have we figured out what cab the other driver involved was located in?

The other driver was on the opposite end of the monorail, which is why he/she was uninjured.

disnyfan89

Logic would dictate that this was the driver of the moving train that was killed (purple).. The other pilot would have been on the opposite end of the stationaryu train (Pink) at the time...
Thanks. Just reading through this thread makes it very hard to piece all the information together.

hardcard

Personally I don't think that is necessary or appropriate, but that's just me. I have no reason not to believe you were loaded by that CM at Epcot two hours before the accident, and I don't think anyone really needs to question you.

Yes, the name has been released, thats what I was getting at.. but honestly, if you don't want your information questioned or interpreted, then don't post... Again, I was questioning it because at that point I had not seen that the name had been released.

to mpaul32001:
I would feel the same way as you.... Having said that, I have frequently the parks quite a bit in the last 12 months (only live about 10 minutes away).. and I do remember his face from my visits.. not sure if he was ever my 'pilot' but I do remember him..

kymie

Someone mentioned watching the video and seeing people get on then off purple - it was a family still getting off after the crash, and getting a stroller off. They seemed ok but a bit dazed as you would expect.

The Mom

Premium Member
People, the fact that you may be thinking something does not mean that you have to post it. I would appreciate people being a little sensitive to the fact that a family has lost a son/brother, and others (perhaps even some who post here) have lost a friend and colleague.

tomm4004

The original post said Pink struck Purple, but it makes more sense this way as the video showed passengers milling about an open door on Purple and news reports said that there were passengers on that train.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
People, the fact that you may be thinking something does not mean that you have to post it. I would appreciate people being a little sensitive to the fact that a family has lost a son/brother, and others (perhaps even some who post here) have lost a friend and colleague.
I respect your opinion, but the fact remains that this has hit the news, and the majority of the posters are trying to discuss this maturely like adults.

KCMouse

This is so sad. I feel awful for the cast member, his family, and the whole monorail team. I want to say this could have been so much worse, but that cheapens the fact that a CM did die.

It is too early to come to a conclusion on what happened. It angers me to see postings from people trying to guess if this was intentional. The CM hasn't even been dead for 12 hours and some are trashing this kid's name. He doesn't deserve this.

mpaul32001

I respect your opinion, but the fact remains that this has hit the news, and the majority of the posters are trying to discuss this maturely like adults.

Actually, I would have to agree this thread has gone quite smoothly so far compared to others in the past. I do respect the family, and everyone involved with every ounce of my being. Sorry I lost focus for that little bit of time.

Desperad07

This is so sad. I feel awful for the cast member, his family, and the whole monorail team. I want to say this could have been so much worse, but that cheapens the fact that a CM did die.

It is too early to come to a conclusion on what happened. It angers me to see postings from people trying to guess if this was intentional. The CM hasn't even been dead for 12 hours and some are trashing this kid's name. He doesn't deserve this.

Nobody is "trashing this kid's name"...people are wondering how it could happen. This is a basic human condition. People whisper at the wakes of loved ones who die mysteriously. We're here just trying to figure out how a system that has so many checks against this type of thing happening could have happened. Intentional is just a theory. In no way has it been presented to sully the kid's name.

Thelazer

I'd be willing to bet he was working a double shift, possible worked one the day before as well. As for the rest, everything is recorded so they will know the exact sequence of any overrides, disables, alarms, etc.

wickedfan07

Yes, the name has been released, thats what I was getting at.. but honestly, if you don't want your information questioned or interpreted, then don't post... Again, I was questioning it because at that point I had not seen that the name had been released.

to mpaul32001:
I would feel the same way as you.... Having said that, I have frequently the parks quite a bit in the last 12 months (only live about 10 minutes away).. and I do remember his face from my visits.. not sure if he was ever my 'pilot' but I do remember him..

I was just saying that it would be inappropriate for the poster to link to Facebook just to prove the validity of his claim. Yes, it is fine to question his information, but at this point it isn't imperative that we verify it. This didn't even happen twelve hours ago, and it is still a very sensitive situation. If I had been killed in an accident of any kind, I wouldn't want distant people on an Internet message board linking to my Facebook profile, and I can't imagine this CM would want that for himself either.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes. :wave:

The_CEO

Pink into purple, Purple into pink, either way someone has passed away doing what they loved most! This is horrible news, and I can honestly say I will never ask to ride in the front of the monorail again.

mpaul32001

I was just saying that it would be inappropriate for the poster to link to Facebook just to prove the validity of his claim. Yes, it is fine to question his information, but at this point it isn't imperative that we verify it. This didn't even happen twelve hours ago, and it is still a very sensitive situation. If I had been killed in an accident of any kind, I wouldn't want distant people on an Internet message board linking to my Facebook profile, and I can't imagine this CM would want that for himself either.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes. :wave:

Oh, it wasn't to verify my claim. It was because someone asked for me to tell them about him, and I couldn't do that myself. Ah well, that situation is behind us now...

None taken! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom