Monarail Resorts

jay_london

Originally posted by Beauty and the
I've only stayed in the Contemp. and found the whole experience to be wonderful the kids loved the monorail, the food court, the arcade, the pool ,the mickey boats the list is endless. I loved watching the ELWP from the bar, Chef Mickeys, the Californaian Grill and the Concourse shopping.
Next time we go we are going to try the Poly as the atmosphere there is lovely, as for the GF I wouldn't want to stay there, just the looks people gave as we walked through one evening was enough the put me off, my idea of WDW is that it brings out the child in everyone as it is Child's Paradise, I may be wrong but they didn't appear to welcome children particulary of an evening.

I can assure anyone that the GF is not stuffy at all and indeed on the occasions I have stayed there, I found many families having a great time. I think because the main building is very grand people are put off and dont feel comfortable. 1900 park fayre is a great character restaurent, full of kids, all having a great time. Dont be put off, try it, remember your money is as good as the next families.:D

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by jay_london

1900 park fayre is a great character restaurent, full of kids, all having a great time.

yeah.....and did you ever see that wacko that cleans the tables...the guy is a speed-demon....clears tables in less than a minute while he sings and dances....

The GF always reminds me of the movie "Somewhere in Time"...

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

I agree that the 1900 Park Fayre is a good character breakfast and that the Pirate Cruise which departs from the GF Marina is a great trip for kids, but I did not like the way my kids where looked at when they waltzed as the band played in the evening just my honest opinion I wasn't trying to put anyone off or hurt anyone's feelings.:)

And before you ask they weren't waltzing to a rock'n'roll song or a quick step.!!!!!!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Beauty and the
I agree that the 1900 Park Fayre is a good character breakfast and that the Pirate Cruise which departs from the GF Marina is a great trip for kids, but I did not like the way my kids where looked at when they waltzed as the band played in the evening just my honest opinion I wasn't trying to put anyone off or hurt anyone's feelings.:)

And before you ask they weren't waltzing to a rock'n'roll song or a quick step.!!!!!!

I agree! When my daughter was 4 and over, we took her to 5 star restaurants and resorts where black tie dinners were the norm, and she did beautifully! However, my 8 year old son would have been miserable, and so would anyone around him! I know my children's personality, and my son would be happier at a more casual resort...preferably AKL! (but Poly or Contemp if we had to stay at a monorail resort)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom