Monarail Resorts

disneydentist

IMO it has to be the Contemporary tower. Seven Seas Lagoon is great but the Bay Lake side is awesome if you're lucky enough to be there for a nighttime shuttle launch as we were a few years ago. Plus, there's something special about walking out of your room and seeing the monorail and knowing that it's nothing but a quick elevator ride away.

Upvote 0

Scooter

I have tattoos and when I go into the Grand Floridian they look at me like "What are YOU doing here?" It seems too stuffy but if elegance is what you want..that's the place to be.

I Love the Poly but everytime I stay there I get sick. I think I'm allergic to the Torch light gasses ::shrug::

So my pic is The Contemporary. With a bar, 3 restaurants, 2 snack shops, (one by the pool) a waterslide, a GIANT game room for the kiddies, several shops on the concourse, big rooms, a great view, and the convenience of the Monorail running right through the middle of it all, you can't not like this place.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Maybe growing up in Florida, I just saw too much of the tiki stuff but I think the Polly, to a certain degree looks tacky...The island theme was really big down here in the 60's and 70's and most of what you see that still has it is rundown or otherwise outdated. That's what I think of every time I'm at that resort.

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Well acccourding to some stories that I have heard that each of the Magic Kingdom resorts are themed to each land in the Magic Kingdom.

Polynesian= Adventureland
Contemporary= Old Tomorrowland
Grand Floridian= Main Street USA
Fort Wilderness & Wilderness= Frontierland

They had two to three other resorts planned that were to be themed to Liberty Square and Fantasyland but they were postponed because the land they were planned for had no real solid ground because the area use to be a swamp. I've also heard that they are planning a Mickey's Toontown Fair hotel.

Upvote 0

Lynn

Originally posted by Scooter
I have tattoos and when I go into the Grand Floridian they look at me like "What are YOU doing here?" It seems too stuffy but if elegance is what you want..that's the place to be.

I Love the Poly but everytime I stay there I get sick. I think I'm allergic to the Torch light gasses ::shrug::

So my pic is The Contemporary. With a bar, 3 restaurants, 2 snack shops, (one by the pool) a waterslide, a GIANT game room for the kiddies, several shops on the concourse, big rooms, a great view, and the convenience of the Monorail running right through the middle of it all, you can't not like this place.

Sorry to hear that Scooter .... My husband has tattoos and we always stay at the Grand Floridian .

Upvote 0

monorail256

it would have to be the contemporary....its just so awesome. the shops are awesome what more is there to say? a monorail droopin you off inside a hotel is so awesome to think of. disney was thinkin on the right track that day!! :D

Upvote 0

Professor Zoom

gosh I hope the contemporary is as nice as everyone says.......my fiancee and I are booked there for 8 days in April 2002 for our honeymoon......this week I thought about maybe going to the Poly....but just couldnt change our reservations.....so Contemp it is...!!!!

Upvote 0
ROOMS...CONCOURSE...

I have stayed at the contemporary over 20 times.

Thats my Favorite.

Get the Tower with a Park View. Nothing like waking up in the morning with the castle view from you rbalcony, and listening to the steam train!

The Grand Councourse gives you a feeling like NO OTHER!

The rooms are a bit dated, but I give that up for the Councourse.

Also the Gameroom (If you like video games, or if you have kids) is better at the Contemp.

I love that hotel

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Horizons Nut

Well, my fave of all time is the Contemporary Resort... just like so many have already posted here, nothing beats the concourse. The hurriedness and frenzied pace around there is so comfortable to me.
Tho, I also LOVE the Polynesian; it's the exact opposite of the contemp: laidback, 'seemingly' away from technology, and just very relaxing.
GF is kewl, but it's a bit too much. It reminds me of very very rich people, which I can't stand... probably cuz they're loaded and could go back to WDW more often than I can.

Upvote 0

disneydreamer

Give me the Polynesian everytime. We just love it.

The Contempary is nice, just too busy for my taste, love going over to visit though. The Grand Floridian is so elegant, I sort of feel like I don't fit in. :eek:

The Polynesian just seems to suit me. I love walking at night when the torches are lit and they play the Polynesian music, just makes me feel like I am on an island.
:cool:

Upvote 0

lifeguard1020

Oh man...it has to be the Polynesian! My fav of the monorail stops....you can't beat Capt. Cooks for a great late night snack...it is simply beautiful to look at...walking along at night with "someone" with the torches and...simply an amazing experience...

Plus, as a youngster I took my first steps there. So, I may be biased, but it works for me... :D

Dan

Upvote 0

Lofatrules

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Well acccourding to some stories that I have heard that each of the Magic Kingdom resorts are themed to each land in the Magic Kingdom.

Polynesian= Adventureland
Contemporary= Old Tomorrowland
Grand Floridian= Main Street USA
Fort Wilderness & Wilderness= Frontierland

They had two to three other resorts planned that were to be themed to Liberty Square and Fantasyland but they were postponed because the land they were planned for had no real solid ground because the area use to be a swamp. I've also heard that they are planning a Mickey's Toontown Fair hotel.
\
From what I know all of WDW was a swamp they made the lakes as a place to put all of the excess water. I guess those areas were just worse than the ones they were already building on.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

Tough choices...

I have to admit that we have never stayed at any of the monorail resorts, but I still have to weigh in on this...

I really love the feel of the Poly. It's so relaxing to walk around after dark and enjoy the torches, etc. Our favorite thing to do is grab a drink and walk out on the dock to catch the Floating Electrical Pagent.

I have yet to even set foot in the GF, so I can't speak on it.

My all time favorite has got to be the Contemporary. I love being on the Concourse when the monorails come thru. I love the shops and restaurants, and the view from the top for the fireworks is incredible. I also like that I can walk to MK from there ( granted, why walk when there's a perfectly good monorail to take you there? :D ) All in all, if I had my choice of resorts for my next trip, Contemporary wins hands down.

Upvote 0

Lance

I just stayed in a tower room on the 11th floor over looking Bay Lake. The Interior of the room was beautiful, it was so nice. Then you have the balcony, and you walk out of your room and look down. Nothing like it, it is my favorite resort. It also has the best arcade in any resort, and a descent pool. I also believe staying in the tower is very convenient because the elevator is so quick. Before you know it your on the 1st floor from the 11th in 10 seconds. The only bad part of the tower is waiting for an elevator up or down from 9PM-12PM, MOB CITY. Hands down, my favorite Resort in WDW.

I have stayed at the Poly, and it is my 2nd favorite monorail resort. Poly has the best atmosphere but I don't care for some of the rooms, because they are far from everything.

I also believe the Grand Floridian judges my appearence, because I walk around in a T-shirt. But then again I don't give a crap what people who are staying there think of me. I do hope to stay there, but for the money I will just get a tower room at the Contemp.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

I've only stayed in the Contemp. and found the whole experience to be wonderful the kids loved the monorail, the food court, the arcade, the pool ,the mickey boats the list is endless. I loved watching the ELWP from the bar, Chef Mickeys, the Californaian Grill and the Concourse shopping.
Next time we go we are going to try the Poly as the atmosphere there is lovely, as for the GF I wouldn't want to stay there, just the looks people gave as we walked through one evening was enough the put me off, my idea of WDW is that it brings out the child in everyone as it is Child's Paradise, I may be wrong but they didn't appear to welcome children particulary of an evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom