Mobile Magic TV Commercial FAIL!

Rob562

I have to agree with this. Despite the inaccuracy of the dad's route, the fact that the tip board that would probably give them a more accurate time was more or less 50 feet away, and the overall hazy/muted background of the castle and Main Street, at LEAST when the guy says, "Its the Magic Kingdom Park," it's actually the Magic Kingdom.

Just as aside: is it really necessary to add "park" on the end of MK? :brick:

The Mobile Magic App gets the same info the tip board does, so theoretically they should be almost in sync (and the Mobile Magic app may be even more up-to-date).

As for the "Magic Kingdom Park", that's the park's official name, and is used in pretty much all times the park is referred to in advertisements and other media. Like how it's always referred to as "Disney's Animal Kingdom Park".

-Rob

rodserling27

I don't mind the commercial and its inaccuracies.. I already have Verizon, and the app, AND I'm already a loyal WDW customer, so I'm not really the target market. It just gets me excited for my upcoming trip :sohappy:

JimboJones123

You know, I never looked at it that way, but you have a point there...:eek:

The more I think about it, the more I agree with; some kind of orgainzed show where the characters interact with everyone(parents and children) for 10-15 mins isnt a bad idea. Its certainly is more fun and "magical" than a lone character endlessly signing autograph books for a line of people 50 feet long.

The only other place I can think of where there is this amount of On your feet interaction is the Backyard BBQ. I will agree that it is VERY loud, and pretty much take place constantly through the day with the stage show making a bit of character overkill. Gotta give those CMs reason to be paid a full days work though.

Figment1986

Has anyone seen the new Verizon Mobile Magic commercial? If you havent it features a family of 4 walking up Main Street and pulling out a phone to check and see what ride they should go to next. The phone shows Dumbo with a 15 minute wait and the father bolts out of the screen and the kids ask "wheres dad?". It then shows the family riding Dumbo.

Only problem is the Dad turns to the right and begins running toward The Crystal Palace and Adventureland. Does this sort of inaccuracy bother anyone else? It just seems like it would have been very easy to have the father run the opposite direction and been true to the park. The fact is that the people shooting the commercial probably had no clue at all that it was inaccurate.:hammer:

all Dad did was exit the screen for a clean exit then a clean exit showing riding dumbo... nothing wrong with that... exit stage left or right is better than walking towards the camera for a clean exit :rolleyes: and it was only him on dumbo... not the family :D

The Mobile Magic App gets the same info the tip board does, so theoretically they should be almost in sync (and the Mobile Magic app may be even more up-to-date).
-Rob

sunday night it would have been in more sync since the tip board was not staffed... Maybe Verizon paid for a conspiracy to force us to get their phones :eek:

topcat47

Maybe he ran to the left to aviod running straight into a Photopass Photog taking a picture of a large family on a Magical Gathering.

dixiepixie

I'm totally with you poster! My DH and I were just talking about this last night...that was the first thing I noticed when I saw the commercial...and YES, things like that bug me, either in a commercial/tv show/or movie...I always catch it. I asked my husband, "what's wrong with this picture?" when we watched it, he said ... "what?, he got on the ride too fast?":shrug::hammer::brick: ... well yeah, seeing as how he went through Adventureland!

LoriSue

First -- I would ditch the family first too --

Second -- what do you expect from a Verizon commercial? They've been misleading the country with their ads for years, this one shows how "off target" they actually are...

Third -- The entire commercial doesn't make sense. They took a great opportunity to "sell" the Disney App, and couldn't pull it off. They are selling something that iPhone Apps have had for several years now, including the amazingly accurate touringplans.com app for iPhone...
Ya know, the funny thing about those iPhone apps.... they may be great and all... IF you can get it to work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom