Mobile Magic TV Commercial FAIL!

jhastings74

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices things like that. Last week on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (which I haven't watched in years), they showed the family 'spontaneously' stopping to talk in the park, then showed a helicopter flyover of the castle....with the 50th celebration mirror thingy on it. HOW long ago did that come down?

MissM

The Verizon app one doesn't bug me but I get annoyed at the promo commercials in general that Disney makes. They always CLEARLY show Main Street Disneyland with Disneyland stores and such, but the narrator is talking about saving on trips to Walt Disney World and they always badly insert Cinderella Castle via CGI at the end. Seriously? How hard would it actually be to, you know, film a WDW in WDW?

I'm always annoyed and like, "that's NOT Walt Disney World!!" :zipit: :mad: :lol:

PeoplemoverTTA

:lol: I haven't seen this commercial yet but yesterday my mom mentioned to me how much it bugged her!

I was really impressed because, while she's a huge Disney fanatic like the rest of us, she isn't as much of a "park expert," for lack of a better term. Yet, the one thing she took from that commercial was that the dad went the wrong way.

Too funny :)

Testtrack321

The Verizon app one doesn't bug me but I get annoyed at the promo commercials in general that Disney makes. They always CLEARLY show Main Street Disneyland with Disneyland stores and such, but the narrator is talking about saving on trips to Walt Disney World and they always badly insert Cinderella Castle via CGI at the end. Seriously? How hard would it actually be to, you know, film a WDW in WDW?

I'm always annoyed and like, "that's NOT Walt Disney World!!" :zipit: :mad: :lol:

Guess it's easier to film in DL and edit in the castle later than ship everyone out to WDW or hire out there. :p

Slipknot

Seriously? How hard would it actually be to, you know, film a WDW in WDW?:

Money and location. Why spend the money for airfare when they can drive from their California "studios" to Disneyland. Same reason they have the Snowman on Indiana Jones Adventure while visiting WDW in the holiday commercials. Same reason they play Yoda's theme from Star Wars in the music loop in front of Magic Kingdom. They assumed Star Tours was in Tomorrowland at WDW. Now that's a FAIL!!!

m&mmom

This is too funny. My husband was commenting on how the father was going way out of his way. Anyway, all I can say is that Disney is the one place where I don't even want to look at my phone or computer. The only reason I carry one there is if my husband and I go off in different directions with the kids and than are trying to regroup. I don't even look at a newspaper while we're there.

JimboJones123

The funniest thing about the commercial is the drabby sky.

The colors are all muted and not happy at all.

Back to the sky, every time I watch, I cannot help but wonder if the grayness is just a haze, or if they are promoting the dry grass wildfire season?

Rob562

Meh...

He very well could have been heading for the connector bridge from the front of Adventureland to Liberty Square and then up the left side of the castle. Good plan if there was a stage show going on at the moment.

It is a commercial, so this is probably the most I have even thought about it.

Ah, you beat me to my answer. :)
That's actually the exact route I would take, too, if there was some big thing going on in the Hub, like perhaps the Move It Shake It Celebrate It party thing that stops up the entire Hub. (With a stage show, you can still usually get around the crowd to the Liberty Square or Fantasyland side bridges)

I'm surprised noone mentioned the fact that we can narrow down pretty well exactly when this commercial was filmed. While Dad's on Dumbo, you can see the recently-rennovated Mrs. Potts in the background, as well as the recently-removed planter/bench in front of it.

-Rob
(Hi, I'm Rob, and I'm a *major* Disney geek...)

828tnt

i noticed it too. and then quickly reminded myself of how big of a disney geek i am....:lol:

then after about the 3rd time seeing it, i thought about them being right by the wait time boards and thought that a bigger disney geek would've picked up on that sooner!

apparently, i still have work to do....:lookaroun

smk

Has anyone seen the new Verizon Mobile Magic commercial? If you havent it features a family of 4 walking up Main Street and pulling out a phone to check and see what ride they should go to next. The phone shows Dumbo with a 15 minute wait and the father bolts out of the screen and the kids ask "wheres dad?". It then shows the family riding Dumbo.

Only problem is the Dad turns to the right and begins running toward The Crystal Palace and Adventureland. Does this sort of inaccuracy bother anyone else? It just seems like it would have been very easy to have the father run the opposite direction and been true to the park. The fact is that the people shooting the commercial probably had no clue at all that it was inaccurate.:hammer:
The VERY first thing I thought of was just that. Only I thought it showed just the dad on Dumbo? and the kids asking where he was? I think the whole commercial is bad.

ryno1982

The Move It Shake It Cr*p fest was probably going on, blocking his path through the hub, and the castle was probably closed off for the next performance of Dream Along with Mickey, so the only path was through the Crystal Palace, across the Adventureland/Liberty Square bridge, along the edge of the castle and into Fantasyland.

It's funny because I actually applauded this commercial for taking place in the real park and not a computer generated DL Main Street with CGI morphed castle fake park that the real Disney commercials have.

hpyhnt 1000

The Move It Shake It Cr*p fest was probably going on, blocking his path through the hub, and the castle was probably closed off for the next performance of Dream Along with Mickey, so the only path was through the Crystal Palace, across the Adventureland/Liberty Square bridge, along the edge of the castle and into Fantasyland.

It's funny because I actually applauded this commercial for taking place in the real park and not a computer generated DL Main Street with CGI morphed castle fake park that the real Disney commercials have.

I have to agree with this. Despite the inaccuracy of the dad's route, the fact that the tip board that would probably give them a more accurate time was more or less 50 feet away, and the overall hazy/muted background of the castle and Main Street, at LEAST when the guy says, "Its the Magic Kingdom Park," it's actually the Magic Kingdom.

Just as aside: is it really necessary to add "park" on the end of MK? :brick:

zurgandfriend

I'm too old for all this technology

Okay, I’ll admit it I’m an old guy. I can barely log on here so maybe I’m missing something but it seems that this is an application that I would only use once after entering the park.
You look at it say “Pirates has a short wait time I’ll start there.” Do people really look at the wait time for Pirates run over there, ride it, look at the wait time for Buzz and run over there, look at the wait for splash mountain run over there etc. Or like most of us don't people work their way through the lands.
Of course it’s all lost on me anyway because I have to ride IASW and haunted mansion first its tradition.

JimboJones123

And I'll have to disagree with the first point. The Moveit Shakeit provides a very unique interaction opportunity for kids to enjoy the characters that cuts past all the lines. I would rather something like this in every land than the current meet and greets.

Many will agree with me....I hope...

hpyhnt 1000

And I'll have to disagree with the first point. The Moveit Shakeit provides a very unique interaction opportunity for kids to enjoy the characters that cuts past all the lines. I would rather something like this in every land than the current meet and greets.

Many will agree with me....I hope...

You know, I never looked at it that way, but you have a point there...:eek:

The more I think about it, the more I agree with; some kind of orgainzed show where the characters interact with everyone(parents and children) for 10-15 mins isnt a bad idea. Its certainly is more fun and "magical" than a lone character endlessly signing autograph books for a line of people 50 feet long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom