Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

James Alucobond

Real question I have about this is what is the backside going to look like? Are they going to have another fully visible Blue Box? Can't exactly build a green mountain when they have one right next door.
Would be nice if they orient the entrance to the south so that the facade (assuming there is a significant exterior facade and not just an entrance tunnel to a box) faces the monorail and surrounding resorts.

doctornick

Would be nice if they orient the entrance to the south so that the facade (assuming there is a significant exterior facade and not just an entrance tunnel to a box) faces the monorail and surrounding resorts.
Not a bad idea if they go with something similar in appearance to the DAK plans. At least have that cooling looking facade face an area guests can see

JoeCamel

How about they theme the whole building? Either way it isn't much different that looking at a maintenance laydown yard as you pull up to the most Magical Place on Earth

LSLS

As a part of the "Haters" group, I'll just say, I like this. I think it fits the theme of Adventure Land, way better than a lot of other ideas floated around. Obviously story would matter so I'm not saying this is great quite yet, but I can see this one.

ToTBellHop

With the huge success of the Moana attraction in EPCOT, they need to put at least three more Moana attractions in the parks. ;)
Now you’re talking!
1715005502948.jpeg

erasure fan1

Same. This would be a win all around with the right execution.
Agreed. But that's the million dollar question with current Disney. Do you trust them to execute it right? That's been my hold up on most all of Disneys plans. Frozen was extremely smart to want to get in the park. But it was poorly executed. Galaxys edge, right idea but fell short in so many ways. The Epcot transformation, not executed very well. The list can go on and on. That's why Tiana will be so interesting to see how it turns out.

NeedMoreMickey

I thought that's where 'Moana's Sleeping Adventure Hotel and Resort' was going...
The resort (of course a DVC) can go on the other side of the canal hooking up to the monorail and a private entrance into MK. The Grand Californian has a private entrance into California Adventure same could happen here.

doctornick

The resort (of course a DVC) can go on the other side of the canal hooking up to the monorail and a private entrance into MK. The Grand Californian has a private entrance into California Adventure same could happen here.

Honestly, I'm not sure how anything like that would work. If you build a resort right off the monorail (between the Grand Floridian and the MK) then it wouldn't really be in a location to get a separate entrance to the park.

If you build a resort on the edge of the MK border (say, just west of Splash/BTMRR), then you could put in an entrance to the park but then you would be kind of far from the monorail and 7SL and would make it tough to piggie back on existing transportation infrastructure - would probably just have to have all buses except for MK.

It would have to be a pretty big sprawling resort to have both Monorail/ferry possibility along with an MK entrance.

AEfx

Frozen was extremely smart to want to get in the park. But it was poorly executed.
For the scope of the project, I think they actually did a really good job. Though they do need to replace the screen-heads for those newer animatronics they are using overseas, which I hope they do sooner than later. Yes, it deserved a big, purpose built attraction of it's own - but...as much as I have a personal affinity for Malestrom, I know that way more happy guests walk off of FEA than ever did that ride.

As a part of the "Haters" group, I'll just say, I like this. I think it fits the theme of Adventure Land, way better than a lot of other ideas floated around. Obviously story would matter so I'm not saying this is great quite yet, but I can see this one.
Yeah, I mean - I haven't even seen the whole film, so it wouldn't be on my personal fantasy list of themes for new rides, but Moana certainly feels like it's on its way to being a true Disney classic (I'm sure some feel it already is), and definitely has some catchy, up-beat tunes. I also wouldn't mind another water ride, at all. I wish they would have put a new water ride where Tron is, LOL, but aside from that nitpick - this does sound promising if they indeed do it as a real E-Ticket experience.

Tha Realest

For the scope of the project, I think they actually did a really good job. Though they do need to replace the screen-heads for those newer animatronics they are using overseas, which I hope they do sooner than later. Yes, it deserved a big, purpose built attraction of it's own - but...as much as I have a personal affinity for Malestrom, I know that way more happy guests walk off of FEA than ever did that ride.

Yeah, I mean - I haven't even seen the whole film, so it wouldn't be on my personal fantasy list of themes for new rides, but Moana certainly feels like it's on its way to being a true Disney classic (I'm sure some feel it already is), and definitely has some catchy, up-beat tunes. I also wouldn't mind another water ride, at all. I wish they would have put a new water ride where Tron is, LOL, but aside from that nitpick - this does sound promising if they indeed do it as a real E-Ticket experience.
It’s pretty wild in hindsight that the existing limitations in converting Maelstrom has affected, and continues to affect, Frozen attractions going forward (where those space and design limitations are nonexistent).

Disstevefan1

I don't hate Moana. I just think the Moana water walkthrough should have gone in AK where it was NEEDED and not EPCOT.

I will say ANY ADDITION OF CAPACITY is welcome in my opinion.

That brings me to my last point, TALK IS CHEAP and TWDC is really good at talking and not doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom