Moana 2 (Disney Animation - November 2024)

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I'll try not to!!
Everyone knows you're the one who makes everything happen everywhere. You're the closest thing to an omnipotent bird since big bird found the infinity gauntlet:

1728425081636.png

I didn't say WHICH big bird.

BrianLo

No movie is flop-proof but if you have to imagine a Disney movie that is review-resistant (a la Despicable Me/Minions), it’s gotta be this one, right?

Unless Disney / marketing has somehow betrayed us all and this isn't a musical in the vein of Moana...

Ya, I think it's pretty much as flop-resistant as it's ever going to be. Akin to Frozen 2.

I'm having increasing faith that initial trailer views are in fact somewhat relevant to audience interest tracking. We poo-poo'd D&W3 and Inside Out 2, but they over-indexed tracking like the trailer uptake suggested they would. It's not perfect, it's very early, but it is seemingly an accurate gauge of people being willing to show up in droves.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Unless Disney / marketing has somehow betrayed us all and this isn't a musical in the vein of Moana...

Ya, I think it's pretty much as flop-resistant as it's ever going to be. Akin to Frozen 2.

I'm having increasing faith that initial trailer views are in fact somewhat relevant to audience interest tracking. We poo-poo'd D&W3 and Inside Out 2, but they over-indexed tracking like the trailer uptake suggested they would. It's not perfect, it's very early, but it is seemingly an accurate gauge of people being willing to show up in droves.

Plus not to mention that Moana is still the most streamed Disney+ movie. So that'll play a factor as well as all those parents streaming it will take their kids to see it.

TsWade2

Look, I know I'm annoyed you guys about Wish, but that was then, this is now. I'm concerned for the fate of WDAS. Of course, Jennifer Lee was step down as CCO of WDAS and Jared Bush took the job, so I guess there's hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom