MNSSHP Costumes That Stick out

drew81

Laura22 said:
We did the same thing. My son was Peter Pan, my daughter was supposed to be Tink but refused to wear her costume so she was a pirate, and my best friend's kids were Wendy, Michael, and John. All 4 adults were pirates. I can't wait to get our group photo in the mail!

Here's some pics:

My son: http://www.andrew-laura.com/disneyphotos/0581.jpg
Me and my daughter: http://www.andrew-laura.com/disneyphotos/0606.jpg
My husband: http://www.andrew-laura.com/disneyphotos/0599.jpg
My best friend's kids: http://serina.smugmug.com/photos/38574798-M.jpg

Those are great pictures!!!!!!

Kurtj43

so you are saying there is a 'chance' that I could get away with it?

I'd hate to wear a costume w/out a mask...so I'd better re-think it.

has anyone seen adults w/ masks in the park before?

McArcDes

My GF and I are going to MNSSHP on Halloween as the Phantom and Christine from Phantome of the Opera. We will have in tow, a Thomas the tank engine, skeleton Pirate, Goth girl, mini Christine, Power Ranger or mini Phantom, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty and 2 medical personel. If any of you see us say "HI"

celestia

Kurtj43 said:
For anyone who has been there...can adults wear masks? I heard somewhere you can't and my costume involves a mask. can someone verify this for me?

Thanks!

From what I was told at work- children are not allowed to, adults are as long as it does not obstruct their vision. They encourage non-scary ones.

I've seen plenty of batmans, catwomans, incredibles, and general masquerade masks.

SANDKRUSER

My husband and son are going as the "Boos Brothers" - dressed up like the Blues Brothers with hats and sunglasses but I also got them some shirts from Choiceshirts.com that actually have ghosts that look like the Blues Brothers and say "Boos Brothers". That's where they got the idea - we'll be there on the 20th. Maybe we'll put some white make-up on them too. I'm just wearing a shirt that says "Witch and Famous". I thought about being one of the sheriffs that chase the brothers, but decided to just go with a shirt.

lunalovegoddess

one of my fave costumes from last night was a female Mad Hatter... omg she was gorgeous.

There were so many unique, interesting costumes. I mean, yeah, the Disney princesses were in full swing, with their daddies dressed as princes, which I thought was awesome. I did see a Jessica Rabbit, though. But also, characters like Starman and a certain guy dressed as a member of Team Banzai (from Buckaroo Banzai). I swear that I saw a kid dressed as Sora from Kingdom Hearts, but I lost sight of him. I'm still kinda tired, so I'll have more to post later.

Attachments

• pinupgirlclothing_1866_63980414.jpg
    pinupgirlclothing_1866_63980414.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 48

lunalovegoddess

(Last year my kids went as Harry and Hermione for trick-or-treating). This was our first year at MNSSHP. They were dressed as Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Dorothy Gayle. They looked so adorable. We saw another boy his age dressed as Jeff Gordon, who gave him a thumbs up in line. :) And also, it was cool that he got to go on Indy Speedway dressed like that. We met a few other residents of Oz such as Elphaba the WickedWitch and the mayor of Munchkin City, and also the Scarecrow.
The adults had some of the most interesting costumes. I was glad to see that I'm not the only one who loves dressing up for Halloween. I decided to do something completely different this year, and went goth. I dyed my hair "funky cherry" by L'Oreal. It's meant to wash out in 8 weeks but using colorsafe shampoo had extended it over the entire summer for me last time I used it.
I dug up a sparkly black dress which I put a black leather corset over, and black, sparkly fishnet fingerless gloves that reached my elbows. I found a pair of black velvet ballet slippers to match. I hope my hubby posts the pics soon, because it really looked good.

disneygirl_wdw

lunalovegoddess said:
. I decided to do something completely different this year, and went goth. I dyed my hair "funky cherry" by L'Oreal. It's meant to wash out in 8 weeks but using colorsafe shampoo had extended it over the entire summer for me last time I used it.
I dug up a sparkly black dress which I put a black leather corset over, and black, sparkly fishnet fingerless gloves that reached my elbows. I found a pair of black velvet ballet slippers to match. I hope my hubby posts the pics soon, because it really looked good.

I'm glad I am reading about other people doing a goth look. I am going as a dark fairy. I got a corset top and knee high boots. I still need to make a skirt and buy some wings. I am also going to streak my hair purple.

I do have a question. My fiancee wants to bring a long wooden staff (5 foot tall). He is going as a dark lord and bought this cool staff. Could he take that with him into the park?

lunalovegoddess

disneygirl_wdw said:
I'm glad I am reading about other people doing a goth look. I am going as a dark fairy. I got a corset top and knee high boots. I still need to make a skirt and buy some wings. I am also going to streak my hair purple.

I do have a question. My fiancee wants to bring a long wooden staff (5 foot tall). He is going as a dark lord and bought this cool staff. Could he take that with him into the park?

I'm not sure. I saw someone dressed as Jafar with a 4ft staff, and a few wizards with tall walking sticks, but I'm curious about height restrictions. Hmm... I can look that up for you.

GenieGirl

Original Poster
I've been working like a mad woman and haven't gotten around to posting what I saw (and heard about) the last couple of days....so while I should be sleeping, here are the costumes I remember seeing. (9 hrs of sleep in 2 days= faulty memory)

Oh---and I am thinking that because of the rain there were fewer costumes out because I saw many people in street clothes compared to other nights.

1) Snow White and 7 Dwarves---mom was SW and the kids all had on the correct colored shirts and felt beards. V. cute and there were 7

2) the solar system----There were only 6 of them but they had on black shirts with the name of their planet, the planet on a hat on their head (ie HUGE balls colored to look like the planet from space) and mouse ears hats on top of that!! V. creative!

3) Little girl (well 10ish) with an EXACT copy of the Mad Hatters costume, complete with white wig

I heard about the jr. Mary Poppins and Bert in the Jolly Holiday costume that was an exact replica (the girl had spats on!!!) Wish I would have seen it!

Also got a private kick out of the 3 ladies dressed up as Alice, the Queen of Hearts and grandma in the wheelchair as the Ace of Hearts complete with Red paintbrush from her attempts to paint the roses red!! :)

Have you seen the Young Einsteins out? What do you think of them??? They do sets in front of the toontown train station unless it is raining and they they are indoors.

McArcDes

McArcDes said:
My GF and I are going to MNSSHP on Halloween as the Phantom and Christine from Phantome of the Opera. We will have in tow, a Thomas the tank engine, skeleton Pirate, Goth girl, mini Christine, Power Ranger or mini Phantom, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty and 2 medical personel. If any of you see us say "HI"

A little update on this with a couple of changes. We now will be going as, the Phantom and Christine (no change), Buzz Lightyear (change from Thomas the Tank Engine), skeleton Pirate (no change), Goth Girl (no change), Peter Pan (change from mini Christine), Power Ranger (decided he did not want to the mini Phantom when he saw the costume), Aurora from Sleeping Beauty (no change) and 2 medical personel (no change as far as I know).

The costumes that have been posted here have been great. The guy dressed as Tinkerbell was either a lot of fun or really disturbing. I am not sure which.

Miss Bell

I don't want to be a stick in the mud

How much am I going to stick out if I don't wear a costume? We're going for the first time on 21st. The idea of packing costumes, and traipsing around the park and onto rides with wings and wigs, etc. is a little overwhelming to me. But I do want to be part of the fun. So, I guess I want to know if I will feel really out of place not in a costume, and would decking myself out in Goofy hats and princess crowns be enough to make me feel like I'm involved.

Uponastar

Miss Bell said:
How much am I going to stick out if I don't wear a costume? We're going for the first time on 21st. The idea of packing costumes, and traipsing around the park and onto rides with wings and wigs, etc. is a little overwhelming to me. But I do want to be part of the fun. So, I guess I want to know if I will feel really out of place not in a costume, and would decking myself out in Goofy hats and princess crowns be enough to make me feel like I'm involved.

Anything goes, Miss Bell. My dh and I never wear costumes for the reasons you mention, and we have never felt out of place. Plenty of people come as they are. Of course, costumes do add to the fun, but a Goofy hat or a princess crown should do the trick! We're going on the 20th and might just wear Halloween themed Tshirts, if we can find some. If not, we'll just be us and I know we'll have a blast.
I'm excited for you, going for your first time.:) Whatever you decide to wear, I hope you have a magical time!

lunalovegoddess

GenieGirl said:
2) the solar system----There were only 6 of them but they had on black shirts with the name of their planet, the planet on a hat on their head (ie HUGE balls colored to look like the planet from space) and mouse ears hats on top of that!! V. creative!

LOL I remember seeing them! We were sitting near them at Cosmic Ray's. That rocked!
the large group of Mouseketeers led by Ryland, of course
three middle-aged women dressed as the wicked queens: Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, and the Evil Queen from Snow White.
a man dressed as a mammogram machine. (there is no way that he was wearing that when he passed through the gates, people) He had a box around his head with a tv screen cut out and a sign that said "place here". Methinks that security might've yanked him before the parade...

mpaul32001

I am wanting to come as a star wars character but the costumes are expensive on the internet. I saw a guy with a really REALLY authentic (however you spell it) lightsaber at MGM. Does anyone know a site I can get one at?

robynchic

I wish I was going to MNSSHP. I have two AWESOME costumes for Halloween.

I'm a Rocky Horror fan, so of course I'm going to Rocky Horror Picture Show on Halloween weekend at the nearest place by my school. Except, I'm not dressing like Columbia, Magenta, Janet, or a transvestite. Oh no...I'm wearing the tight black vinyl tank top and pants I got when I was Trinity a couple of years ago. Except this time, I'm bringing a RIDING CROP! *crack sound* Who's been bad? :goodnevil

For parties at school, I have an AWESOME costume. I'm going cliche as Tinkerbell. But I'm actually going to have a pair of silver ballet flats (to emphasize how short I am) and the light-up Tinkerbell wings from WDW. I'm definitely going to stand out...walking down the street, with wings that blink...Heeheehee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom