MNSSHP Costumes That Stick out

disneyboy02

mpaul32001 said:
I am wanting to come as a star wars character but the costumes are expensive on the internet. I saw a guy with a really REALLY authentic (however you spell it) lightsaber at MGM. Does anyone know a site I can get one at?
i got mine from gamestop (its a video game store) it was $119.99. me and the family are going as leia (wife) luke (son) and a darth maul type person (blue and black makeup) i was able to find a really good sith robe at a place called iparty. i think it was $39.99

Mystic

I wish I could go this year. I can't even go next year as we're planning on heading down for christmas and I can't afford 2 trips in one year. But I am planning on hitting MK for the MNSSHP the year after that when I go to visit my girlfriend who lives in Florida. We're going to make our own costumes. She already has hers but she's going to help me do mine and we're going to go as Belle (my friend) and Cinderella (me), our two favourite princesses.:D

disneygirl_wdw

When we were eating dinner at Ohana's on the 21st we saw a whole family of Star Wars. Really authentic too. The lounge singer even stoped his song to say "may the force be with you". Unfortunatly the only costumes I saw the night I went were the family dressed as pirates and ponchos were the costumes everyone was wearing. It was the night of the 23rd. Don't wear washout hairdye the night a hurricane is comming, my arms were pink.

missj1975

Costumes

At the villians meet and greet, I saw a great couple. The woman was dressed up as Sleeping Beauty (the dress was amazing), and her boyfriend was dressed as Malificient (green makeup and everything). I thought the moment was priceless when they both posed with the real Malificient.

Missj1975

Erika

Miss Bell said:
How much am I going to stick out if I don't wear a costume? We're going for the first time on 21st. The idea of packing costumes, and traipsing around the park and onto rides with wings and wigs, etc. is a little overwhelming to me. But I do want to be part of the fun. So, I guess I want to know if I will feel really out of place not in a costume, and would decking myself out in Goofy hats and princess crowns be enough to make me feel like I'm involved.

Don't worry about a thing!

When we went a few years ago, I got TOTALLY into it... not having sewed anything before, I got some guidance from my mom and made my own Princess Aurora costume. I was all-out Disney Dork.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=177&size=big&ppuser=2624

The people I was with-- my husband, my BIL, and my MIL-- didn't wear costumes at all. If anything I'm the one who ended up sticking out because they looked so normal and I looked like a definite freak :lol: BUT I had fun, and would do it again in a heartbeat!!!! If you enjoy dressing up, definitely go for it, but if not, you should have plenty of company.

MissM

(Since someone bumped it up anyway...) We went on Halloween Night last year (awesome!) and my favorite costume I saw was the Knight Who Says "Ni!" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail movie:

http://www.phoenixfiredesigns.com/disney/halloween05/mnnshp-05-d.jpg

I dressed up in a fancy formal gown with black angel wings and Love dressed up as John from CoP (circa 1920's):
http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

Super fun time had by all. I was pleasantly suprised at how many people were dressed up. And amused by the fact that everyone was wearing sneakers with their costume. I made the choice to keep sneakers with my dress for comfort realizing I'd never want to be stuck in heels and turns out everyone did the same thing too! It was great.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom