MNSSHP and Costumes

kybred72

OK so it'll be a piece of cake to dress up our daughter for the party but what can we, the parents, dress up as that can be easily packed and transported in our luggage? :shrug:

What's your costume???? :)

jjgoo

Last year my wife and I decorated some t-shirts each with an iron-on scan of a playing card and went as the king and queen of hearts. Not the most original but still a way to participate in the fun.

There are all sorts of web sites that have costume ideas. Some of them are very clever and are not so hard to put together for example: put on a tarzan type toga over your clothes with a couple of plastic monkeys from a barrel of monkeys and have a name tag that says "Hi, I'm Jim" = Jungle Jim.

Good luck!

My DW and I have not figured out our costumes yet for this year.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

OK so it'll be a piece of cake to dress up our daughter for the party but what can we, the parents, dress up as that can be easily packed and transported in our luggage? :shrug:

What's your costume???? :)
I have never been to the MNSSHP, but I have read that you can wear almost anything w/out a face mask.
We were originally planning to go this year, but we changed our dates when the free dining was offered, so we will miss the MNSSHP.
You can purchase a Goofy hat at WDW & wear it (it has ears attached).:p
That's what my oldest child was going to do.
Adults can wear the hats too.
They have costumes available at some of the shops in WDW, but I am sure that they are expensive.
A guy could dress in a pirate costume (you may have to purchase the hat at WDW b'cause it may be bulky).
A gal could dress in any kind of tutu, a pair of fairy wings & carry a wand.
A Tinkerbell costume would be cute! (I'm a little partial to Tink):)
Hope this info. helps a little...good luck!
:wave:

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

I'm going as Alice (in Wonderland), complete with crinoline and tights...because I am a huge dork :) This is my first year and I'm SO excited!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

kybred72

Original Poster
Thanks for the lovely ideas! I'm not creative at all but I always enjoy seeing/hearing what everyone comes up with! :D

Alice and Tinkerbell would be lovely costumes!

Upvote 0

pacochran

One thought I heard someone do is a pirate. Just need a bandana (sp??), maybe a whit fancy shirt, a piece of cloth for a fancy wide belt and some makeup for beard, scar etc. Wouldn't take much room and still dressed up.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is me and my girls from last year. We plan on wearing the same costumes again this year. They were not the easiest thing to pack but it was well worth the extra hassle.

P1030668.jpg

Upvote 0

shutnak879

Last year my hubby wore his UPS clothes and myself as a ballerina, daughter as Minnie. My mom dressed up as a witch which she bought at the local party store here before we left. I had bought a travel space saver bag, put the costumes in there and rolled out the air and they took up hardly any space in the suitcase. Not sure what we are wearing this year!

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

This is our first year going and we spent a lot of time as a family debating over what we should go as. We finally decided on a Peter Pan theme: DS6 will be Peter, DD7.5 will be Wendy, I will be a red-headed Tinkerbell and DH will be Captain Hook.

I hope you enjoy!

BTW - these will be store bought costumes (I already ordered DS and mine) - I don't have enough time or creativity to make them.

Upvote 0
You could dress like Michael Eisner just wear a business suit and tie and walk around trying to squeeze a few pennies out of every disney charater you could get your hand on.

Upvote 0

rob45

Last year the wife and I dressed up as prisoners. We bought our outfits at Wal-Mart for little or nothing. They were very light weight and fit over your regular clothing. What ever you dress up as go for comfort!

Upvote 0

smk

Last year we saw plenty of families dressed like the Incredibles, including some men who really should have thought about what they were wearing! It is such a fun experience. We (I) didn't dress up, my daughter went as a pirate. I thought about putting a name tag on that said "mom" on it. That way I could say I went as a "mom". It really was not needed tho, some were dressed up, others not. Either way, you'll have fun and get lots of candy!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

THIS will be our second year going to MNSSHP we went twice last year in september, so much fun..I dressed up as a mouseketeer(which i'm undecided between that again or tinkerbelle) my oldest was belle(in the blue dress and apron found it on ebay) and little one was minnie, see if i can upload pic!!Anyway it is such a great time....i loved walking around all dressed , i got lots of complements too!!!!!

Upvote 0

mamasitta6

Yeah dress up!!

Good evening all!! I am so happy to see others excited about dressing up for MNSSHP:sohappy: This will be our second time and we can't wait. Last year we were all storybook ladies. DD, 17, was Little Red Riding Hood. DD, 13, was Sleeping Beauty, DD,6, was Cinderella. I was a Mardi Gras lady. This year we took it up a notch:cool: We will be characters from Alice in Wonderland. Youngest will be Alice, the two older are the Queen of Hearts and The Mad Hatter. I will be the white rabbitt. Still trying to figure that one out:lol: Anyone else going to MNSSHP on Sept. 28th?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom