MNSHP - Why no Hershey candy?

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
Just curious, clearly MARS got the contract, but is this always the case? Or is there a more specific reason for no Hershey candy at this event?

thomas998

Just curious, clearly MARS got the contract, but is this always the case? Or is there a more specific reason for no Hershey candy at this event?

It is always a random thing... Just be glad they haven't gotten into the health food craze like the loonies at DL. I remember the first Halloween party at DL my kids were aghast that they were handed little bags of carrot sticks at a lot of the "candy" stations.... Never really considered carrots to be "candy" to anyone but rabbits.

POLY LOVER

It is always a random thing... Just be glad they haven't gotten into the health food craze like the loonies at DL. I remember the first Halloween party at DL my kids were aghast that they were handed little bags of carrot sticks at a lot of the "candy" stations.... Never really considered carrots to be "candy" to anyone but rabbits.

aghast!

thomas998

I have no doubt that it's due to Hersheypark. But, if you want some light reading, google "Hershey Child Slavery".
Dove isn't great. But far better.
Oh please. Reality is cocoa beans in all but the gourmet chocolates will include beans from Africa as well as other places where children work in the fields. So long as the governments allow it there is no reason to be act all sky is falling about it. Kids work, in many of those places if they didn't work they would starve to death so what would you rather have kids working in a field or starving to death at home. It is so tiring to hear people in the west acting like every other country shares their same views on what is right and wrong... the world is not homogeneous and god willing it never will be because that would make it a very boring place.

JIMINYCR

Not admitting I was a naughty kid but when I was young if we went to a house and was handed carrot sticks...

Vh0MxcL.jpg

That house just might get an egging later on. Noooo I never did that. :rolleyes:

AndyS2992

I was so excited to finally try Hershey chocolate on my last trip, but it’s disgusting. It has a musty vomit taste but I was told that’s how it is supposed to taste as they use soured milk rather than the ordinary stuff. Not for me.

Pixieish

I was so excited to finally try Hershey chocolate on my last trip, but it’s disgusting. It has a musty vomit taste but I was told that’s how it is supposed to taste as they use soured milk rather than the ordinary stuff. Not for me.

Wow- that's an interesting little piece of trivia! I love Hershey and I never knew that!

lazyboy97o

They have a partnership and LEGO (at least on the East Coast, I'm not sure about elsewhere) can't even dream of competing theme-park-wise.
And Hersheypark is big competition for Walt Disney World?

They're done at Disney. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere here that the contract is up and not being renewed.
The new contract was just signed and the theater is going to be renovated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom