MNSHP - Why no Hershey candy?

21stamps

I don’t know if this is related at all.. and I don’t have the desire to investigate,

But Hershey sponsors the kid’s Halloween event called the “Great Pumpkin Fest” at Cedar Fair. So maybe that has something to do with it?

Again, not sure. Just commenting because Hershey was so highlited at our CF park, and on tv adverts for the event.

Had to repost something I wrote a few days ago. I don’t think Hershey Park has anything to do with it, whatever the reason is.

Hershey sponsors a Halloween event at another amusement park, and CF appears to be ok...I don’t think attendees look at the commercials and say “Let’s go to Hershey Park instead!”

I am pretty sure Hershey Park has as many rides as MK, probably more.

I’ve noticed that the perception of other amusement parks are equal to county fairs.. on this site anyway.

You’re not allowed to enjoy MK AND other parks.. must choose! ;)

Ismael Flores

It is always a random thing... Just be glad they haven't gotten into the health food craze like the loonies at DL. I remember the first Halloween party at DL my kids were aghast that they were handed little bags of carrot sticks at a lot of the "candy" stations.... Never really considered carrots to be "candy" to anyone but rabbits.
Lol, Funny thing Is that lots of kids now ask for the apples and Carrots instead of the candy.
We went to the Halloween with nephews this year and their kids. We came back with more apple slices and carrots that I would have thought. The smaller kids would say no to the candy and ask the CM to give them the fruit and vegetables.

thomas998

Lol, Funny thing Is that lots of kids now ask for the apples and Carrots instead of the candy.
We went to the Halloween with nephews this year and their kids. We came back with more apple slices and carrots that I would have thought. The smaller kids would say no to the candy and ask the CM to give them the fruit and vegetables.
When small kids ask for veggies instead of candy at Halloween the end of the world is near.

tl77

I am pretty sure Hershey Park has as many rides as MK, probably more.

Hershey Park has about a dozen roller coasters and a small water park inside as well, but I wouldn't compare it to Magic Kingdom. Hershey Park is competing with the other 1 day amusement park/roller coaster parks in the area, Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey, and Dorney Park in Allentown PA

Phonedave

Hershey Park has about a dozen roller coasters and a small water park inside as well, but I wouldn't compare it to Magic Kingdom. Hershey Park is competing with the other 1 day amusement park/roller coaster parks in the area, Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey, and Dorney Park in Allentown PA

Exactly. Hershey Park is a nice park. It's clean, it's well maintained, and the staff is great, but it is no where near the level of a WDW park. It's not immersive, it's not extensively themed, there are a few shows/charaters, but not many (actualy, the giant candy walking around is kind of freaky if you ask me), it's a nice place to spend a day or two (especially with the attached ZooAmerica) every few years, but unless you live right next to it, it's not something that is going to be visited over and over again.

tl77

Exactly. Hershey Park is a nice park. It's clean, it's well maintained, and the staff is great, but it is no where near the level of a WDW park. It's not immersive, it's not extensively themed, there are a few shows/charaters, but not many (actualy, the giant candy walking around is kind of freaky if you ask me), it's a nice place to spend a day or two (especially with the attached ZooAmerica) every few years, but unless you live right next to it, it's not something that is going to be visited over and over again.
Yeah you're exactly right, I live about an hour from Hersey Park, and it is nice, but I only go maybe once every 10 years, where as I'm at Disney World every 2 years or so

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And I'm sure Disney would love to hand out candy boldly emblazoned with the name of another amusement park -- regardless of who owns or runs it. :rolleyes:

Ah, but they each owe their existence to the original Mr Hershey. And I still believe WDW didn't use their candy because some suit said it would be directly or indirectly promoting another amusement park operator.

Yet that is exactly what they did at the Pirates and Princess parties .

Phonedave

Yeah you're exactly right, I live about an hour from Hersey Park, and it is nice, but I only go maybe once every 10 years, where as I'm at Disney World every 2 years or so

Same here, but I am more like 2.5 hours from Hershey. I have done it as a day trip, but that is a LONG day. I havent been there in about 5 years. I go to WDW every 2 years or so as well.

-dave

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe they themed it as a regional amusement park...

Phonedave

Maybe they themed it as a regional amusement park...

Then they did an awesome job! It looks just like one.

Just to give an example though,. look at the collumn supports for a queue there. They are usually steel columns, ending on a concrete footing. The steel is nicely painted, no rust, and the conctete is solid with no cracks. It's a well maintained, funcational, and totally acceptable support. However in WDW it would instead look like a tree trunk, or rockwork, ar a vine, or a hydraulic strut.

Of course, as of late, the paint would be chipping off of that tree trunk in WDW, but that is a different thread.

-dave

JillC LI

Not big competition... but people in the Northeast spend dollars in Hersheypark that Disney won't get.

Yes, but Disney wouldn't have gotten those dollars anyway. I live in NY, and I might make a weekend car trip to Hersheypark every couple of years with my family, but the alternative would have been to stay home, not to go all the way to Disney in Florida. It's never a choice between the two.

Pixieish

Yes, but Disney wouldn't have gotten those dollars anyway. I live in NY, and I might make a weekend car trip to Hersheypark every couple of years with my family, but the alternative would have been to stay home, not to go all the way to Disney in Florida. It's never a choice between the two.
We're the opposite. We're in MA, and we'd rather go someplace cheaper up here and save our $ for a trip to FL than go to PA.

JillC LI

We're the opposite. We're in MA, and we'd rather go someplace cheaper up here and save our $ for a trip to FL than go to PA.

I didn't mean to imply that Disney wasn't an option I liked. I just meant that when I decide to go to Hersheypark, it isn't as if I'm choosing between Hersheypark and Disney. Disney would win that battle hands down every time. But Disney is a trip I have to plan long in advance and budget for, not something I can hop in the car to do on a weekend on a lark. If I decide to go to Hersheypark, Disney isn't losing that money - they never would have gotten it to begin with. That outing is unrelated to me planning a Disney trip.

Tony the Tigger

It is always a random thing... Just be glad they haven't gotten into the health food craze like the loonies at DL. I remember the first Halloween party at DL my kids were aghast that they were handed little bags of carrot sticks at a lot of the "candy" stations.... Never really considered carrots to be "candy" to anyone but rabbits.

My dog is convinced they are treats.

21stamps

I’m going to try for the 3rd time, it may be the charm... ;)

Hershey is a sponsor for another major amusement park’s Halloween children/family event.

I don’t think the competition of Magic Kingdom vs Hersheypark has anything to do with MNSSHP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom