Mmmmm Healthy

Minthorne

The Blue plate Special at 50's Prime Time is usually a healthier option - I've had some great dishes there. The Today’s Sustainable Fish with Edamame Stew and Cilantro Chutney at the Wave was awesome and the broth was off the charts yummtastic!

MickeyPeace

Along with the junk I balance with the healthiest options I can find.

My favorites are - salmon/couscous atColumbia Harbor House.

Fresh fish at bluezoo. (But covered in buttery crab sauce and accompanied by a cocktail).

Egg white veggie omelette and fresh squeezed juice at Fresh Mediterranean. (But with a few muffins)

Asian Chicken salad at Yak and Yeti.

And any other salads I can find.

Sushi from Kimonos or World Showcase.

I also almost always choose a resort with a gym (even if I don't always use it)

These healthy choices only enhance the indulgences.

Minthorne

Along with the junk I balance with the healthiest options I can find.

My favorites are - salmon/couscous atColumbia Harbor House.

Fresh fish at bluezoo. (But covered in buttery crab sauce and accompanied by a cocktail).

Egg white veggie omelette and fresh squeezed juice at Fresh Mediterranean. (But with a few muffins)

Asian Chicken salad at Yak and Yeti.

And any other salads I can find.

Sushi from Kimonos or World Showcase.

I also almost always choose a resort with a gym (even if I don't always use it)

These healthy choices only enhance the indulgences.

I'm eating with you!

jw24

Dole whips are made with pineapple juice - therefore it's healthy.

They say a 4 oz serving of Dole Whip has less than 90 calories! Almost four times less than a Premium bar! Cholesterol free and other interesting things to know.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/07/04/reader-question-is-dole-whip-vegan-and-gluten-free/

Other than that, there's always drinking water over sodas, beers and that stuff. And trust me, hydration is key in the hot weather that FL brings. I know from experience that drinking caffeine and hot weather equals a recipe for disaster in the stomach! The grilled salmon and Lighthouse Sandwich (Hummus, lettuce and tomato on a bun basically.) at CHH is widerly considered to be healthy and tasty.

IWantMyMagicBand

I had (I think) a salmon and broccoli pasta from Columbia House (?) the one opposite the HM. That was lovely!
If you're looking for healthy do not ever go to Disneyland Paris, I have to load up on fruit to take with us, it is literally burger, nuggets, pizza.
Next in the world, I will be getting my healthy snacks from Triton's, smoothies mmmmmmmm
We used some of our snack credits for fruit in Tomorrowland, opposite the speedway.
But I'll be honest, my fruit is usually a grape - squished to a pulp and left in a barrel before I can pour it into my snow white wine glass.......

crispy

I also love the salmon, broccoli, and couscous plate from Columbia Harbor House. It's a nice reprieve from the usual theme park fair.

I am also a fan of the Tandoori chicken, roasted cauliflower, and acorn squash at Landscapes of Flavor at AoA.

LucyK

The quinoa salad at Tamu Tamu's, pretzels and humus at Gastons, the lighthouse sandwich at CHH are all great choices.

NiarrNDisney

I try to eat healthy as much a possible on a regular basis plus I am a pescatarian so my diet tends to consist of vegetables and fish. Here are some favorites from CS or QS/Kiosks: (* will be trying next trip)
MK - Anchor's Aweigh or Lighthouse Sandwich, Harvest Salad, Salmon and Cous Cous(Columbia Harbour House), Vegetable Snadwich (Cosmic Ray's), Baked potato's and Fresh Corn (Liberty Square Market),

Epcot - aladier (Boulangerie Patisserier), *Vegetable Flatbread (Electric Umbrella), Edamame & Sushi (Katsura), Blackbean Veggie Burger (Liberty Inn), Oak Grilled Veggie Flatbread, Roast Beets and Goat Cheese Salad, Sushi, *Togarashi Seared Tuna Salad (Sunshine Season's), Falafel Wrap, Tabouleh & other side salads, Vegetable Platter (Tangierine Cafe)

DHS - Grilled Vegetable Sandwich (Backlot Express), Sushi (Starring Rolls)

DAK - *Edamame & other Vegitarian options (Bradley Falls), *South African Quinoa Salad (Tamu Tamu), Vegetable Subosaurus (RestaurantoSaurus)

DTD - Amazing Veggie Sandwich's (Earl of Sandwich), *Seared Ahi Tuna, Sushi (Splitsville) Great Salads (Wolfgang Puck Express)

Resorts - *Apple Mixed greens salad (Boardwalk Bakery @ BWR), *Roasted Curry Vegetable Bulgar Salad (Contempo Cafe @ CR), Tabbouleh Pita (Gasparilla Grill @ GFR) *Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap (Hurricane Hanna's @ Y&BC), Vegetable Flatbread and Falafel Pita (Mara @AKL), Fish Taco's (Pepper Market @ CSR), Territory Salad (Roaring Forks @ WL)

All over - Fruit, Hummus, Pickles, Pineapple slices, Sushi Plates, Trail Mix, Veggie sticks

luv

Grapes. Craisins.

Maybe a salad.

I try not to eat at WDW.

I'm a huge fan of Mrs. Dash. That stuff is awesome. You barely miss the salt at first...and once you're accustomed to cooking without salt, you start noticing how horribly over-salted everything is in restaurants and prepared foods. It's kind of gross and totally unhealthy.

Big props to Mrs. Dash!!!!!!!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I love the nutty whole grain toasted breads on:
Anchors Aweigh @ CHH - (minus the tomato)
Ham & Apple Sandwich @ Kringla Bakery (with a side salad)

And, I ALWAYS swap out counter service fries for apple slices.

Allym146

I certainly plan on having some treats, but seeing as how I just worked really hard at losing 10lbs, I'm going to trrrrry and be a little balanced ;). I'm going to stick with veggies as a side for dinners, as apposed to fries. Lots of grilled fish, I'll probably have a burger at Sci-fi, but sans bun. I want to try the Couscous Quinoa and Arugula salad w/ Salmon at the ABC Commissary. I also want to get the fruit bowl at Typhoon Tilly's. Also, I'm bringing bars from home to have for breakfast everyday (except for Mickey waffles one day!). I need to have breakfast right away after I wake up though, so that's more my motive for bringing my own thing so I can eat it in the room while getting ready.

Not perfect, but with all the walking I hope to not do too much damage!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom