MLB 2015 Discussion

sheriffwoody

I got the notification of the trade and flipped. After alot of reading though, they are basically rebuilding the whole team. And I'm not trading my hat, or my fandom....
Same here. My husband hit me with the Upton trade first and I was so excited, then he hit me with the Kimbrel trade and I almost cried. BUT like you said, it's rebuilding, and he was a necessary sacrifice. I'm excited to see how the season plays out with these guys. Hopefully we'll make it down to a game this season.

Daniel Johnson

Same here. My husband hit me with the Upton trade first and I was so excited, then he hit me with the Kimbrel trade and I almost cried. BUT like you said, it's rebuilding, and he was a necessary sacrifice. I'm excited to see how the season plays out with these guys. Hopefully we'll make it down to a game this season.
I'll be up in Atlanta for the home opener...I'm hoping for a win!

rsoxguy

What a night! I was up until 2:15 watching the Red Sox/Yankees game. I-Am-A-Party-Animal. Or a dork, whichever. Although it was a nail biter throughout, the end made it worth the anguish. People who claim that baseball is boring just don't understand the complexity of its strategies and the excitement if its course.

I am so pathetically in love with the game that I will be watching today's game in less than three hours. Play ball!

Daniel Johnson

What a night! I was up until 2:15 watching the Red Sox/Yankees game. I-Am-A-Party-Animal. Or a dork, whichever. Although it was a nail biter throughout, the end made it worth the anguish. People who claim that baseball is boring just don't understand the complexity of its strategies and the excitement if its course.

I am so pathetically in love with the game that I will be watching today's game in less than three hours. Play ball!
It was a good game to watch, lots of suspense!

LittleGiants16

On MLB's site you can vote for the top 4 players in the history of each franchise.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2015/franchise_four.jsp

It's harder for some of the most successful and older franchises, like the Yankees and Cardinals. If you pick Ruth, Gehrig, Ford and DiMaggio, you're leaving off Mickey Mantle among others.
I agree with you on the Cardinals. For the Cards we have the obvious ones of Ozzie Smith, Stan Musial, and Bob Gibson, but then it gets tricky. Do you pick Red Schoendienst who's been with the team going on 70 years? Or Rogers Hornsby, one of the most prolific, if underrated, hitters in baseball history? How about Lou Brock, probably the best centerfielder in team history?

The only one from our list that I'd toss automatically is Pujols. I'm still sour about all of that nonsense. It's turned out to be a good thing the Cards didn't resign him, but still, when you say you want to be a lifer, you'd better mean it.

Lucky

MO is 32-13. NY is next best at 32-17. The 4 teams in those states are leading in 4 of the 6 divisions.

jw24

The Marlins are so dysfunctional that the Marlins man who wears orange at any big non-Marlins game gets more attention than the actual team! No wonder he's protested by showing Marlins colors on national television on the World Series last year.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The Marlins are dysfunctional because Jeffery Loria doesnt know how to run a franchise. Incidentally he runs it the same way Wayne Huizenga did, would rather dismantle the team then trying to pay his players. That's why Miami will never see another World Series as long as Loria is running the team, he would rather do a fire sale every year than try to actually build his roster.

jw24

The Marlins are dysfunctional because Jeffery Loria doesnt know how to run a franchise. Incidentally he runs it the same way Wayne Huizenga did, would rather dismantle the team then trying to pay his players. That's why Miami will never see another World Series as long as Loria is running the team, he would rather do a fire sale every year than try to actually build his roster.

He's also reviled in Montreal for being responsible of the Expos move to DC, too.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
There was the report going around that Montreal wants baseball back now, and that the only way they'd get a team is if they built a new stadium. They want 4 games to be played up there next year.

Arthur Wellesley

This might become a tad bit bigger than Deflategate or Spygate:
http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/06/16/st-louis-cardinals-fbi-investigation-houston-astros?xid=si_social

"The FBI and prosecutors from the U.S. Department of Justice are investigating the St. Louis Cardinals allegedly hacking into the internal networks of the Houston Astros, The New York Time reports.

Cardinals officials are suspected of breaking into the Astros' team databases to gain access to information regarding statistics, scouting reports and trades, according to The New York Times. Law enforcement is investigating unnamed members of the Cardinals front office.

The FBI has served the Cardinals and Major League Baseball with subpoenas, The New York Times reports. Authorities suspect that Cardinals employees hacked the Astros partly to sabotage Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, who was previously a Cardinals executive.

Law enforcement believes Cardinals employees hacked into the Astros' network after Luhnow departed the team for Houston in 2011. The New York Times reports that team employees were concerned that Luhnow had brought structural information from the Cardinals' computer network to Houston.

Internal Astros trade chatter was leaked from "Ground Control," the team's computer network, last year. Following the leak, MLB contacted the FBI about a possible hacking situation, and investigators discovered that Houston's databases had been infiltrated by a computer located at a residence where some Cardinals employees lived, according to The New York Times.

MLB said it has been fully cooperating with the federal investigation.

"Once the investigative process has been completed by federal law enforcement officials, we will evaluate the next steps and will make decisions promptly," MLB said in a statement.

The Astros and Cardinals both played in the National League Central division from 1994 to 2012 before Houston moved to the American League West.

The Astros, who are currently in first place in the AL West, have been widely lauded for their turnaround experiment under Luhnow's watch. Sports Illustrated's Ben Reiter examined Houston's "radical rebuilding project" last year, with the corresponding SI magazine cover declaring that the Astros would win the World Series in 2017."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom