MLB 2015 Discussion

Arthur Wellesley

Let's go Yankees!! Not overly impressed with off season moves, but I still have faith that they can do it. As always a lot depends on the pitching staff staying healthy.
You, myself, & @Nemo14 will have much to be thankful for this year if the Yankees can keep their pitching rotation strong & containing depth. They have an uphill climb from previous seasons, but with every Spring Training comes new hope.

acishere

I hate you...
You know you secretly love the Yankees. I saw the Valentines Day card you sent out.
2015-02-13 13.40.50.jpg

jw24

Let's go Yankees!! Not overly impressed with off season moves, but I still have faith that they can do it. As always a lot depends on the pitching staff staying healthy.

The team also has a got to be able hit, as well. I would hope there's more stability in the lineup because the lineup was constantly being shifted around like crazy. Without Jeter, I would assume this means Gardner and Ellsbury will certainly be the top 2 hitters in the batting order for most of the games. Then, it'll probably be Tex, Beltran or McCann in some order of 3-4-5, next Headley and whoever the DH is, filling the 6/7 spot and probably the 2B and Gregorious being the 8/9 hitters. Things can change but that's the general sense I get of what the lineup may be. As for pitching, they just need to stay healthy and Sabathia needs to be less reliant on his fastball. Tanaka and Pineda have great potential to make a positive impact on the team contingent on staying healthy. Bullpen wise, love the signings of Andrew Miller and Justin Wilson, two quality relievers. I anticipate Dellin Betances as the closer. I mean, Robertson was good but he wasn't lights out great like Mo. Then again, who is? With Betances and his stuff, that's definitely closer material the way I see it.

rsoxguy

Well...it's spring training and I have made it through another off-season of stale TV and Boston website sports news along with the MLB Network. I think that professional baseball is in desperate need of better quality teams through a thinning of the herd, shorter games through an enforcement of the rules, and fewer primadonnas through, I don't know, personal character. Regardless, it's an exciting time of the year for me and I look forward to all that is coming. No predictions here, just hoping that the season goes well and the Sox make it to the playoffs. In any case, my television will once again be controlled by the only male of the house. Well, until October anyway. Then it's back to Food Network.

Arthur Wellesley

Actor Will Ferrell playing 10 positions with 10 different Cactus League teams today for Spring Training. (3/12/15)
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...-live-blog-will-ferrells-spring-training-tour

He is currently at the Cubs/Angels game, and is expected to take the field shortly. MLB Network is currently showing that game. Here is Ferrell's schedule of appearances today:

3:05pm ET: Mariners at A's
4:10pm ET: Cubs at Angels
5:10pm ET: Reds at D-Backs
7:05pm ET: Giants at White Sox
9:15pm ET: Dodgers at Padres

Nemo14

Original Poster
Actor Will Ferrell playing 10 positions with 10 different Cactus League teams today for Spring Training. (3/12/15)
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...-live-blog-will-ferrells-spring-training-tour

He is currently at the Cubs/Angels game, and is expected to take the field shortly. MLB Network is currently showing that game. Here is Ferrell's schedule of appearances today:

3:05pm ET: Mariners at A's
4:10pm ET: Cubs at Angels
5:10pm ET: Reds at D-Backs
7:05pm ET: Giants at White Sox
9:15pm ET: Dodgers at Padres
Would it be that awful to admit that I can't stand him....?

NYwdwfan

NY news is reporting that the Mets got some Wheely bad news.

Yes - because when a great pitcher goes down, puns make it better. :banghead:

rsoxguy

Just over a week to go before the Sox open the season in Philly. I traditionally come home early from work to watch the opener (OK, I go home early to watch most day games, but hey..) and this year will be no different. I'm hoping to eat way too many snack foods while I watch the beginning of what I hope will be a comeback season for my beloved team. It all seams so trivial at times in light of the severity of some of the things that this world produces, but baseball can often serve as a diversion from all that life, FOX, and CNN can produce.

I'll count it a blessing if life remains simple enough in the next week for me to focus on which Red Sox t-shirt to wear and which snacks to buy for the big opener.

Lucky

Just over a week to go before the Sox open the season in Philly. I traditionally come home early from work to watch the opener (OK, I go home early to watch most day games, but hey..) and this year will be no different. I'm hoping to eat way too many snack foods while I watch the beginning of what I hope will be a comeback season for my beloved team. It all seams so trivial at times in light of the severity of some of the things that this world produces, but baseball can often serve as a diversion from all that life, FOX, and CNN can produce.

I'll count it a blessing if life remains simple enough in the next week for me to focus on which Red Sox t-shirt to wear and which snacks to buy for the big opener.
I bought you some snacks!

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom