MK Upgrades

jmuboy

Original Poster
Al Lutz, in his 1/9/07 Miceage.com update, talks about the run down condition of many MK rides like the JC, HM and Space Mt. He also mentions that plans are slowing coming together for them to be upgraded from 1970's embarassments to 2007 e-ticket attractions.

dzne4eva

I would add Country Bears to that list. I would be embarrassed that first time visitors see it like that. Or worse, not hear it. All I could hear was the AAs moving and I was in the back row.

darthjohnny

In my opinion, the term "E-ticket" is thrown around to lightly. Many people use the E-ticket term for just about anything new.

Plus, recently, I feel I have to take all of Al Lutz's assertions with a huge grain of salt.

jmuboy

Original Poster
Al Lutz's prediction are generally accurate when compared to other rumor-mongers online.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
A lot of the MK needs updating... that's for certain. However, held up pretty well, given it's 70's pedigree :)

Tomorrowland (ALL of it), needs yet another makeover... not just Space Mountain.

tirian

A lot of the MK needs updating... that's for certain. However, held up pretty well, given it's 70's pedigree :)

I agree. It's not nearly as run down as Mice Age likes to assert, and not nearly as bad as DL was before its 50th refurb. I hate to think how much Al might be ruining WDW for people who want to visit; if you were to believe his posts, you'd think we didn't have any good attractions over here! Yes, the MK needs to be updated, but it's not falling apart. Rabid fanboy-ism is immature.

Tomorrowland (ALL of it), needs yet another makeover... not just Space Mountain.

Some things never change! :lol:

Anyway, Al didn't say anything that several of us haven't mentioned before over here. All of these refurbs are on their way, and the MK is finally getting the massive refurb that it truly needs.

TP2000

I agree. It's not nearly as run down as Mice Age likes to assert, and not nearly as bad as DL was before its 50th refurb...... All of these refurbs are on their way, and the MK is finally getting the massive refurb that it truly needs.

Wait, I'm confused. Do you feel that the Magic Kingdom is in pretty good shape, or does it "truly need" a "massive refurb"? :confused:

You've kind of got two competing arguments there in the same breath.

Scar Junior

Wait, I'm confused. Do you feel that the Magic Kingdom is in pretty good shape, or does it "truly need" a "massive refurb"? :confused:

You've kind of got two competing arguments there in the same breath.

It's not necessarily a contradiction. The Miceage guys are great but often can be viewed as being picky regarding what needs to be changed. Since the topic at hand is subjective, opinions can vary across a spectrum or sliding scale.

I don't want to speak for Tirian, but I took his post to mean "MK definitely needs work, but it's in better shape than the MiceAge guys tend to lead you to believe."

mickey04

As far as Al Lutz, I have to say he generally seems to have a lot of reliable inside information. He has been first to report on a lot of the changes at DCA, DL's 50th as well as the TSI refurb project in the works with surprising accuracy. But it should be considered that he reports on what's being considered in the corporate offices, and as we all know, a lot of great projects that almost get greenlit often never come to pass.

As for the Magic Kingdom, it's absolutely my favorite park and I love it to death, but I personally feel updates and refurbishments have been a long time coming and should have been implemented long ago. Disney boasts about record profits and increases in attendence, it's time their flagship park started feeling some of the love. Call me a rabid fanboy, but I think it's long overdue.

Scar Junior

As far as Al Lutz, I have to say he generally seems to have a lot of reliable inside information. He has been first to report on a lot of the changes at DCA, DL's 50th as well as the TSI refurb project in the works with surprising accuracy. But it should be considered that he reports on what's being considered in the corporate offices, and as we all know, a lot of great projects that almost get greenlit often never come to pass.

As for the Magic Kingdom, it's absolutely my favorite park and I love it to death, but I personally feel updates and refurbishments have been a long time coming and should have been implemented long ago. Disney boasts about record profits and increases in attendence, it's time their flagship park started feeling some of the love. Call me a rabid fanboy, but I think it's long overdue.

:sohappy: Well said!!! :sohappy:

Actually, Al Lutz DOES NOT have reliable sources...at least not as reliable as he wants people to think.

IMO, He's still an overall liar and needs to lighten up and give Disney a break.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Actually, Al Lutz DOES NOT have reliable sources...at least not as reliable as he wants people to think.

IMO, He's still an overall liar and needs to lighten up and give Disney a break.
That's a bit harsh Philip.

kcnole

Ummm, he knows about a ton of things before many people do. He broke the TSI change long before many people at Disney had a clue. He's got some deep sources and 90% of his stories lately have been spot on. Of course not everything comes to pass. They start with an idea to do something and the plan is to do it and then plans change. There's no way he can be 100% correct by saying plans are for A to happen when A may change at some point down the road to something different. But he's been right enough for me to say, well if he says it's coming that that's the current plan. That plan may change, but at this moment that's it.

I hate the way he disparages WDW and I think his posts are often overly biased against us, but I do think his sources are good.

basas

The MK is my favorite park too...but I don't think you can argue that it's probably in the worst shape of the 5-MK type parks worldwide. It does need a LOT of work.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes

I've got to totally agree with you... I think that MK needs a massive update... maybe not all new rides, but maybe all new ride systems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom