MK Updates from Saturday (Photos)

MissM

Original Poster
Headed out for the day on Saturday. I-4 was a mess. Lanes kept closing forcing merges and horrible bottlenecks and backups. There were no workers and no accidents, nor any visable reason for the slowdown, however, it took us close to 2 1/2 hours to get there. (A normal drive runs around 1 1/2 hours.)

Crowds were less then I thought they'd be. Busier in the afternoon, but thinned out considerably by the evening. Afternoon saw 60 minutes Peter Pan, 30 minutes Haunted Mansion. Buzz's wait time clock wasn't accurate all day. More then one point showed a 10 minute standby with a queue all the way around the side of the building. Space Mountain shut down (see below) for awhile as well. Though I'm happy to report, I did not get stuck on TTA this time around. :lol:

By the evening, almost everything became closer to walk-on status. However, Space Mountain had an 80 minute posted standby with a line halfway towards Astro Orbiter around 9pm. Might have been backup from the downtime, but the fastpass line was walk-through.

Weather was warm but not hot during the day and got quite cool once the sun went down. Chilly even. There was a nice breeze all day.

Anyway.... Here's a few minor mentionables from the day...

PotC was definitely closed, however the gift shop was open. It looked much emptier then normal however and not just in terms of crowds. It actually looked like there were less items within.

mk-updates-06a.jpg

(Sign in front of Pirates)

mk-updates-06b.jpg

(Chain was up across entry to Pirates)

mk-updates-06d.jpg

(Gift shop was open)

mk-updates-06c.jpg

(Barrels stacked in front of ride exit doors.)

As previous reported, all the signs are totally removed from Timekeeper. The windos are also blacked over so you can not see inside. Stitch was doing meet-and-greet at the building directly across from SGE. They did not have a PhotoPass photographer on hand though which I found odd. Buzz was doing meet-and-greets off by the Galaxy stage towards the end of the queue area.

Space Mountain was shut down and evaced in the afternoon. All the lights were on of course, giving a great view of the ride. I don't know how long it was down but I know it was up later in the night. Trains were stuck all over the track. I felt bad for the people who had to evac from the top sections of the track. We saw a CM up by one train for awhile.

mk-updates-06g.jpg

(One of the stuck trains on the lift ramp.)

Also, they are doing some work to the planter/seat areas near Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. The Treehouse itself is open. There are two walls; one across from Aloha Isle and the other backs up against the edge of where Treehouse queue.

mk-updates-06e.jpg

(This is the wall that backs up against the Treehouse queue.)

And one more just for fun. Don't know if I've ever seen these before. They actually made me laugh outloud. I don't think they're so much "tips" as "directions." Which kinda frightens me that they have to give directions...

mk-updates-06f.jpg

(Little signs above each sink throughout all the bathroom. :eek: :lol )

Not much else to report that hasn't already been reported. Nice day overall though it felt darn strange not riding Pirates. I kept feeling like I forgot to do something.
-m

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If i recall properly, those planters around Swiss Family have this particular stonework that they've always had problems with. It either breaks and looks bad or makes a really sharp edges as it cleaves off. Perhaps they're re-doing it all-together.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I thought you didn't ride PoTc because you didn't like the drop? I remember your comments in the "I'm not riding Everest" thread. Just curious...:)

MissM

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
If i recall properly, those planters around Swiss Family have this particular stonework that they've always had problems with. It either breaks and looks bad or makes a really sharp edges as it cleaves off. Perhaps they're re-doing it all-together.
Yeah you might be right. I know there are the planter/seating areas around there and it did appear that some were included in the walled area. I didn't know they broke regularly, but it does line up with the location of the walls.

ksccar said:
I thought you didn't ride PoTc because you didn't like the drop? I remember your comments in the "I'm not riding Everest" thread. Just curious...:)
No, I said PotC is about as much of a drop as I could handle. And since that's almost not a drop at all, there's no way I could ever ride something like Splash or Everst.
-m

mousermerf

Account Suspended
ksccar said:

That was probably me.. though me and MissM tend to agree on quite a few things. I think she said the drop was almost too much for her, I rather totally wish it wasn't part of the ride but endure it every so often.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
MissM said:
Yeah you might be right. I know there are the planter/seating areas around there and it did appear that some were included in the walled area. I didn't know they broke regularly, but it does line up with the location of the walls.

-m

Along the same lines, the blue-ish green tiles along Innoventions Plaza and the Fountain of Nations have pretty much dissapeared, as the wall that was over by the Kristos entrance finally came down recently. I think the only place left to find the tile is by the Art of Disney store in Epcot. (Along with those tiles, they've removed the old fiber optics that lines the planters too!)

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
MissM said:
No, I said PotC is about as much of a drop as I could handle. And since that's almost not a drop at all, there's no way I could ever ride something like Splash or Everst.
-m
I don't like the drop all that much because it is in the dark...but I deal with it also. On Splash there is a fairly large drop inside that is in the dark which I hate. The "big" drop on Splash isn't as bad as the other I referred to because I can see where the bottom is. It makes a big difference to me...

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Nice update - good pics.

Gotta love the bathroom signage. I know I find myself standing at my sink at home sometimes for hours on end, staring at the faucet......wondering. :lol:

CaptainMichael

Horizons78 said:
Nice update - good pics.

Gotta love the bathroom signage. I know I find myself standing at my sink at home sometimes for hours on end, staring at the faucet......wondering. :lol:
I am so greatful for instructions! After all these years, the mystery of hand washing has been solved!!!!

On a side note, is Sparkle a part of Georgia Pacific. I ask this because they sponsor LMA and this may have been part of the deal. Interesting development these bathroom signs are!

imagineersrock

STR8FAN2005 said:
I am so greatful for instructions! After all these years, the mystery of hand washing has been solved!!!!

On a side note, is Sparkle a part of Georgia Pacific. I ask this because they sponsor LMA and this may have been part of the deal. Interesting development these bathroom signs are!
Yeah, they started popping up a while ago and can now be found in many bathrooms throughout the parks.

...Glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets a good laugh out of these things.

Simba1

just did a quick internet search. sparkle is indeed owned by georgia pacific. so it definitely could be part of the deal...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom