MK Updates from Saturday (Photos)

Buried20KLeague

Not that it should be any surprise, I suppose... But from your Pirate's entrance pic the Barker Bird is gone from out front. He's probably getting some TLC, too... I wondered if they would take him down or leave him out front during the rehab.

MissM

Original Poster
Buried20KLeague said:
Not that it should be any surprise, I suppose... But from your Pirate's entrance pic the Barker Bird is gone from out front.
You know, you're right. I hadn't even noticed. He is an amusing part of the entryway to Pirates. Hope he'll be back.
-m

kevlightyear

Around LMAX itself, and other ares in MGM [and maybe the rest of the world] the handwashing tips are provided by Brawny, also clearly under Georgia Pacific. Quite entertaining.

Jerriko

mousermerf said:
(Along with those tiles, they've removed the old fiber optics that lines the planters too!)

I hope you don't mean the tiles in the ground that light up at nite...I'd miss those,they add a lot to the atmosphere at nite.

chris

DonaldDoleWhip

Those bathroom signs have been there since (at least) February. But the ones I saw (by Epcot's International Gateway, outside the park) were sponsered by Brawny.

Same company as Sparkle?

yankeesfan53

Hey Everyone! Long time forum-viewer, 1st time register-er? anyway....glad to be here!

"Space Mountain was shut down and evaced in the afternoon. All the lights were on of course, giving a great view of the ride. I don't know how long it was down but I know it was up later in the night. Trains were stuck all over the track. I felt bad for the people who had to evac from the top sections of the track. We saw a CM up by one train for awhile."

oh boy....was this at 12:30? cause i got a story to tell you! I'm 14 and i just came back today with my parents.....we went to MK on sat....now my mom...she isn't a good coaster ride handler....ive never been on SM before...so i though it was gonna be kinda slow based on what i heard...my dad had been on before, but not since 7 years ago! so we go on and me and my dad have a blast....at the end, my mom doesn't get out of the seat for about 7 minutes, stopping the ENTIRE ride...i saw the lights on at the end of the tunnel and while we were leaving, i saw about 6 CMs passing by us...so I think i'm the one to blame!

MissM

Original Poster
yankeesfan53 said:
oh boy....was this at 12:30? cause i got a story to tell you! ....at the end, my mom doesn't get out of the seat for about 7 minutes, stopping the ENTIRE ride...i saw the lights on at the end of the tunnel and while we were leaving, i saw about 6 CMs passing by us...so I think i'm the one to blame!
*chuckles* Aw. I feel her pain. Space Mountain terrified me too. But no, looking at the time stamp on the photo it was actually later then I realized - around 6:20pm or so. Must have been a banner day for Space Mountain!
-m

brertigger

Thanks for the pics!

I noticed those bathroom handwashing signs last week during my trip. I found them amusing, especially since they are located at almost every sink on property. :lol:
At least we all know how to wash hands at Disney.

AboveAverageJoe

DonaldDoleWhip said:
Those bathroom signs have been there since (at least) February. But the ones I saw (by Epcot's International Gateway, outside the park) were sponsered by Brawny.

Same company as Sparkle?

Yes, Brawny and Sparkle are both products of Georgia Pacific. If I remeber correctly, GP has a contract with Disney to provide paper products. GP also manufactures Dixie and Angel Soft.

wonderboyjohnny

I believe there are walls up now that say something like "dead men tell new tales" and show jack sparrow kneeling in the jail scene trying to convince the dog to give him the key.

tink81

wonderboyjohnny said:
I believe there are walls up now that say something like "dead men tell new tales" and show jack sparrow kneeling in the jail scene trying to convince the dog to give him the key.

See, that makes no sense...Jack Sparrow doesn't kneel down and plea with the dog in the movie, the other pirates prisoners do. THAT brief scene is the reference to the ride in the movie. I am having mixed emotions about this Jack Sparrow addition to Pirates...

peter11435

wonderboyjohnny said:
Are you refferring to this.

P04-0001.jpg

Because if you are that is at Disneyland. The last time I was at MK (about 4 days ago) there were no walls up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom