MK Themed parties...ripping off regular customers?

MousDad

Now that is going to open up a whole new can of worms! I mean really, if I'm paying for the hard ticketed event which is supposed to include great goodies not available to those that don't pay beyond the rides, then I don't want to see anybody without a wristband in the crowd. Not to be mean, but hey, fair is fair. Otherwise, unless it's a busy season when lines are longer, would you pay the price?

I agree. That changes the complexion of the whole argument. Now we're not talking about only regular-day customers getting ripped off, we're talking about the party attenders getting ripped off too.

PhilharMagician

That's got to go over really well with the hard-ticket payers. :eek:

Now that is going to open up a whole new can of worms! I mean really, if I'm paying for the hard ticketed event which is supposed to include great goodies not available to those that don't pay beyond the rides, then I don't want to see anybody without a wristband in the crowd. Not to be mean, but hey, fair is fair. Otherwise, unless it's a busy season when lines are longer, would you pay the price?

There is not much for anyone to do except to hide out and watch the shows. They are not getting on any rides, cookies and cocoa or any of the other freebies. The only annoying part is that they take up space for the parades and fireworks. If someone believes that they have to cheat the system like that they will eventually get caught.

Keep an eye out next time you go to a party. Unless people are taking off their wrist bands they are hanging out trying to get a little extra.

Lucky

The hard ticket events for Halloween and Christmas are fine by me…but the frequency and times of the year for the other ones are getting a little silly. It is merely a chance for Disney to suck more money out of guests wallets without really enhancing the overall experience.
I would even question the Halloween parties, now that they're creeping into early September. Halloween is a minor holiday that doesn't actually occur until nearly two months after MNSSHP begins.

Extending MNSSHP into early September just looks like a cheap grab for more of our money. And I'm an economist - we're the last ones who are usually bothered by this sort of thing. If it looks overly greedy to me, it probably looks that way to a lot of people. I think Disney's marketing people miscalculated in extending the dates so much. They need to be concerned not only with short-term revenues but also their reputation.

Dwarful

when we were there for the mvmcp in Dec. CM's were everywhere asking you to show your wristband. You couldn't get beyond the hub area w/o showing your bracelet. And since certain pins,tshirts, etc. are only available during the party time the shops were quite busy. I was only in the shops long enough to grab tshirts and pins for the girls.

Sherrybaby

I didn't read all 11 pages...but the last day for the P & P party is June 4th so everyone can relax. I just bought tickets for it so that's how I know--came from CRO for what it's worth no tickets past June 4th.

Sherry.

wannab@dis

I would even question the Halloween parties, now that they're creeping into early September. Halloween is a minor holiday that doesn't actually occur until nearly two months after MNSSHP begins.

Extending MNSSHP into early September just looks like a cheap grab for more of our money. And I'm an economist - we're the last ones who are usually bothered by this sort of thing. If it looks overly greedy to me, it probably looks that way to a lot of people. I think Disney's marketing people miscalculated in extending the dates so much. They need to be concerned not only with short-term revenues but also their reputation.
I hear what you are saying and I get the fact that it appears they are stretching the holiday events back to gain more nights. But, let's look at it realistically here.

1. The MNSSHP & MVMCP events sell. Many sell out. Fiscally, they SHOULD look at how far to push the line. While they add nights and those nights continue selling, then it's feasible.

2. But, as this thread points out, they can't add 5 out of 7 nights a week for the parties and close the park early that many times a week. So the only plausible way to add nights is to stretch out the time period.

As long as the consumers are buying the tickets, WDW will continue to push the price and the number of events. However, at some point, the price and number of events will reach a saturation point and they will hold one or both factors. Simply put, if people feel they are ripped off by these events, their best way to affect a change is to stop buying the tickets!

KingStefan

I hear what you are saying and I get the fact that it appears they are stretching the holiday events back to gain more nights. But, let's look at it realistically here.

1. The MNSSHP & MVMCP events sell. Many sell out. Fiscally, they SHOULD look at how far to push the line. While they add nights and those nights continue selling, then it's feasible.

2. But, as this thread points out, they can't add 5 out of 7 nights a week for the parties and close the park early that many times a week. So the only plausible way to add nights is to stretch out the time period.

As long as the consumers are buying the tickets, WDW will continue to push the price and the number of events. However, at some point, the price and number of events will reach a saturation point and they will hold one or both factors. Simply put, if people feel they are ripped off by these events, their best way to affect a change is to stop buying the tickets!

Well put. Exactly right.

sissa216

I've gone multiple times in October, and have been to mnsshp several times.
This year, I booked mid-September, fully expecting not to have a party available during my week.
Now that it is, I think we may go to it.
I love the increasing fall decorations, and don't mind at all that the dates have been extended to include my time there.
Also, I expected the MK to close early during this time anyway, so it doesn't affect me that much

jakeman

Wow, this is still going on? :lol:

Let's summarize:

The actual parties being a rip off is in the eye of the beholder.

Most agree that there may be too many nights dedicated to parties.

The way that the current party scheduled are communicated to guest are adequate and appropriate planning can be taken to avoid them.

Guest should not be compensated for having to leave the parks early due to a party night.

Not saying these are correct or even my opinion, just the underlying theme of the thread.

Oh crap, I just added to the prolongation...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom