MK Population ?

soccer9miahamm

I don't know how many people enter a day, but one Oct. we were down there, the bus driver told us that the park had reached occupancy at I believe 65,000. They still let us into MK, but it was pretty packed.

TTATraveler

Sadamxalp said:
ABout how many people enter the magic kingdom every day?

That is going to vary depending on the time of the year. The parks are significantly more crowded around holidays and the summer than in the middle of September or January.

CHI-HAWKS 65

Yikes! 65,000 on an October day? I've been there in October and never saw crowds that large. On the busiest day I figured there were around 20,000. Was there a special event going on? Did it feel that crowded to you?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
CHI-HAWKS 65 said:
Yikes! 65,000 on an October day? I've been there in October and never saw crowds that large. On the busiest day I figured there were around 20,000. Was there a special event going on? Did it feel that crowded to you?

You do realize how few people 20,000 is, right? Your conception of the amount of guests is off. Consider, for a second, that Port Orleans Riverside has over 2000 rooms itself. Thats just one of the 21 on property resorts.

MagliteL13

Pixiedust1393 said:
umm... a lot :rolleyes: sorry, that's the only answer i could think of

I remember hearing on radio last december that the park had apx. 85,000 people in it. I know we also hit Phase 4 that day for a few hours as well (when the park no longer allows guests inside).

awallaceunc

I know the Unofficial Guide says that a slow day is around 25,000. I also think I heard/read that absolute capacity was somewhere in the 75,000-90,000 range. So your average day is going to be somewhere in between those... higher during traditionally crowded times, less crowded during slow times. :)

-Aaron

Robfasto

If during the peak period the resorts are 100% full and an average of 3 guest per room you have 32,103 x 3 or 96,309 people just at Disney resorts on any given day.

Instead of giving 25% to each park (not counting water parks) I would guess that the Magic Kingdom gets 40% or more on any given day. At 40% that would be 38,000+ guest going to the Magic Kingdom each day just from the Disney Resorts.

As mentioned the park closes between 80,000-90,000 guest depending on what is closed for rehab (less places for guest to be).

If you want to see what a crowd looks like:

Haunted Mansion queue going down the Riverboat exit

An overly crowded Adventureland

Standing room only in Frontierland

Fantasyland Mad House

Space Mountain Standby back to Astro Orbiters

snoopi_grl

I visit it like once year. Every summer.
And that's what makes the park fun. Just going there once a year..
If I go there like everyday (or like once in a week), I'd probably get bored...

MagliteL13

snoopi_grl said:
I visit it like once year. Every summer.
And that's what makes the park fun. Just going there once a year..
If I go there like everyday (or like once in a week), I'd probably get bored...

Nah, I respectfully gotta disagree with you. There's too much to do! Last fall, I visted for a full day at least once a week and when I was off work, usually spent some time there as well. There are still things I would love to do/see! And then the resorts. Even if you're not staying in them, it's still a marvel to walk around. The cool thing about the parks is that they're ever changing but they always remain so familiar.

CHI-HAWKS 65

Thrawn said:
You do realize how few people 20,000 is, right? Your conception of the amount of guests is off. Consider, for a second, that Port Orleans Riverside has over 2000 rooms itself. Thats just one of the 21 on property resorts.

Obviously, you have reached the rank of Grand Admiral on more than looks alone. I concede to your wisdom and math. I would like to add that I did go to FL in October 2001 and I really did get the impression that the busiest Magic Kingdom day on that trip seemed to be only about 20,000. And, in hindsight, that would not have been a typical October.

Epcot82Guy

I would say 20,000 at the MK is an average number for "Value Season" times. It is amazing how many people each of the parks can pack in. MK usually caps at 65,000 then just allowing resort guests in (although the 83,000 is the exact total capacity number if I remember correctly, again based on how many attractions are down or non-existant). Epcot, however, has nearly double that at 120,000 I believe, but they set their cap at 90,000. Epcot becomes the "spill over park" usually simply because it can hold many many more people. I have been in Epcot on days with 50,000 in the park, and it really doesn't seem that crowded. It is a very well designed park in that respect.

If you ever really want to know, go to Guest Relations or a manager (if you see one) and ask in that they get a page with the park numbers throughout the day as well as the "phase" if applicable.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Epcot averages a daily somewhere in the range of 25-35(k) for a normal day. 27-30 is actually the most common.

MK is higher, MGM is lower, and AK is typically lower but sometimes surpasses MGM.

Epcot has seen a major turn around, as for a while after 9/11 and before M:S it was averaging 11-15 during non-peak season.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Quick note: Total in-park for a day can exceed park capacity, as people come and go.

That's how Epcot managed to make headlines by breaking some park guest record the X-mas season before last.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom