MK plot of land?

gregory_510

There could never be a large ride there. Directly behind the fry place is the building that contains POTC. They would have to build a new ride right on top of the large 2-3 story building that is there currently. I guess it could happen but seems unlikeley to me.

Captain Chaos

gregory_510 said:
There could never be a large ride there. Directly behind the fry place is the building that contains POTC. They would have to build a new ride right on top of the large 2-3 story building that is there currently. I guess it could happen but seems unlikeley to me.

I thought I read somewhere that this was actually planned.. To fit a ride, namely the Fire Mountain rumor, part of the new attraction was going to be built on the building that houses PoTC. I don't see that as something that is feasible, but one never knows.

Robfasto

Plus it would be very hard to move things back away from the park as the canal that feeds the Rivers of America from Seven Seas Lagoon is right there also.

Captain Chaos

And from what I understand, there is not enough land around the MK to even expand this park. Between the roads and back stage areas, MK is at its full size. Can someone clairfy this?

Robfasto

The place to build without moving a bunch of stuff would be outside the train tracks just north of Space Mountain.

There is enough land to move the parade storage and such across the canal where the water parade is stored, only problem is there really isn't much room between Splace Mountain and Pirates to build and it would be costly on a number of levels.

KumbaRider

I agree a Mexican transition type area would be cool. And although I think the Mayan/Aztec/Volcano idea is great, I doubt that would happen considering the Mexico Pavillion at Epcot is an Aztec temple. But who knows?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
dxer07002 said:
And from what I understand, there is not enough land around the MK to even expand this park. Between the roads and back stage areas, MK is at its full size. Can someone clairfy this?

20k! The total ex lagoon, showbuilding and drydock area is half as big as all of Fantasyland. Further afield, there is the TL Speedway plot, TL Skyway station area (and outside the RR here also)and north of SM (ground conditions allowing.)

Incidentally, looking at sat photos of the MK, there would be enough space between PotC and SpM for another attraction on the scale of Splash - no permemant structures are in the way, and parade staging could move south if need be. There is also the option from the Californian Indy to go between PotC and JC with a path, to a building south of PotC - again, ground conditions allowing though, as always in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom