MK plot of land?

marksniles

dxer07002 said:
I remember this rumor as well... I heard a few things like Imagineering was even testing the height of an attraction with this ballon thing they use. I don't know how true this is. Some people say an attraction cannot go there. Others say one can. WHo knows.
I don't think they can because isn't there a road that the afternoon parade uses to line the floats up. Isn't that where the accident happened last year? OOppss! SOmeone above me pointed that out already. And with visuals! :sohappy: :lol:

MissM

Though I know it's not, it feels like a lot of wasted space right there. It always feels like the useless walkway. You use it just to get where you're going but there's really nothing on the way. You know?
-m

BrerVeritas

Original Poster
I don't know. if it were possible to shift the parade staging route so it went in a straight line and came out next to SM it seems like they could fit a ride there. But there may be reasons the parade can not get through in that area. Maybe someone knows the landscape in that particular backstage area.

Lynx04

BrerVeritas said:
I don't know. if it were possible to shift the parade staging route so it went in a straight line and came out next to SM it seems like they could fit a ride there. But there may be reasons the parade can not get through in that area. Maybe someone knows the landscap in that particular backstage area.

I was thinking the same thing. If the parade route went straight instead of around there would be plenty of room for an attraction in that area. Of course the rail road would have to go down during construction but still there is plenty of land there. The real question is. How much money would Disney spend to shift everything to make room.

Laura

Premium Member
warlord said:
I made a Map! no room to me... plus parade route cuts right through it
pandsinbetween.jpg

Everytime I look at this I burst out laughing. :lol:

MiklCraw4d

Fire Mountain?

dxer07002 said:
I remember this rumor as well... I heard a few things like Imagineering was even testing the height of an attraction with this ballon thing they use. I don't know how true this is. Some people say an attraction cannot go there. Others say one can. WHo knows.

Ooooooh..... riiiiight.... This was all probably part of the Fire Mountain construction rumors. That's the only thing I remember about them floating balloons in that area. For those that don't remember, there was a long period of speculation about them possibly building a new mountain attraction in either Adventureland or in Fantasyland (where the 20K lagoon was to be filled in). I haven't heard anything about those rumors since they announced Everest.

Anyway, that's the only thing I can remember being rumored for this area. And I disagree that the area is too small for an attraction; a minor rerouting of the path and a little shuffling could clear quite a large patch for an attraction. Most of the parade area is just large expanses of concrete and big barn structures. This could be moved quite easily and fairly cheaply.

maxime29

Premium Member
Laura22 said:
Everytime I look at this I burst out laughing. :lol:
Not bad for being made in 2 minutes.

If they want to be picky, they can probably put another *ugh*...meet and greet there. What type of a themed attraction would be good to fit in Adventureland/Frontierland at that point?

Sir_Cliff

Well, if they dreamt up some kind of Mexican-themed extravaganza it would nicely fit the transition point between Caribbean Plaza and Fronteirland.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
maxime29 said:
Not bad for being made in 2 minutes.

If they want to be picky, they can probably put another *ugh*...meet and greet there. What type of a themed attraction would be good to fit in Adventureland/Frontierland at that point?

MS Paint, the prefered computer aided drawing tool of artists everywhere.

I like that mexican themed attraction idea. That would be a great attraction fro the tranisition into FL. I would think there would be enough room for a new attraction provided the repair area would be torn down. But really if they tear down the repair area and put in an E-TCKT does that mean nothing in the park will ever be repaired again? (looks around naively):veryconfu

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
And not that I want to nit pick, but your map's legend covered over the most important thing in AL. The Dole Whips Stand!:eek: :hammer: :lol:

Ringo8n24

It seems to me that it would be costly to re-route the train or shut it down for that part of the construction area so it wouldn't seem feasible to have something like that in the budget with everything else going on right now.

MysteryJames

Well, if they dreamt up some kind of Mexican-themed extravaganza it would nicely fit the transition point between Caribbean Plaza and Fronteirland

There's already a Mexican themed area: El Pirata y el Perico Restaurant. and its very near to the area. (Right across from Pirates)

BrerVeritas

Original Poster
They should build a replica of the Alamo right there. I personally can't think of a family friendly politically correct Alamo ride at the moment, but I'm sure the imagineers could. But Disney already made an alamo movie...plus it fits with the Mexican Frontierland/Adventureland theming quite well.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Lynx04 said:
O come on Master Yoda you don't give the janitor enough credit. He could have been dumping the trash can in the board room and stumbled across the concept art with an arrow pointing right at the location we are talking about.
yeh master yoda...... havent you ever seen the "Breakfast Club"........ that janitor had the goods on everybody.

Sir_Cliff

BrerVeritas said:
They should build a replica of the Alamo right there. I personally can't think of a family friendly politically correct Alamo ride at the moment, but I'm sure the imagineers could. But Disney already made an alamo movie...plus it fits with the Mexican Frontierland/Adventureland theming quite well.

Well, I'm not sure about The Alamo as a ride, but Mexico's full of volcanos, ancient cultures (Mayans, Aztecs, Olmecs, etc) and has a history full of bandidos. I'm sure from all of that material WDI could come up with something.

Captain Chaos

Sir_Cliff said:
Well, I'm not sure about The Alamo as a ride, but Mexico's full of volcanos, ancient cultures (Mayans, Aztecs, Olmecs, etc) and has a history full of bandidos. I'm sure from all of that material WDI could come up with something.

Exactly... Volcanos... hence the Fire Mountain rumor and a good fit into that area of the park.

BrerVeritas

Original Poster
I don't think they would put a third mountain thrill ride right there. Its kind of redundant. Plus I'm not sure they could fit fire mountain there...nor would it fit with the frontierland theming.

I only suggested the alamo, because it would be a small structure and fit both sides of the theming transition. Like I said though, there isn't much there for an Alamo ride, but it is a famous landmark of the region that disney could recreate in that amount of space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom