MK plot of land?

BrerVeritas

Original Poster
About a year ago, someone on these boards had said Disney was going to put a ride in frontierland right on the the border of Adventureland near the POTC. Right where the McD's fry stand normally is. I seem to remember everyone seeming conviced this was happening soon. What ever happened to that rumor?

red345

i've never heard anything about this and it was only probably a rumor started. Also that area is a staging area for the parade that goes through the magic kingdom so it would probably not be plausible for disney to put something there.

BrerVeritas

Original Poster
You're probably right. I just remember the guy who said this seemed to have credibility among the members of this forum. He had said a probable D ticket was going there. TOo good to be true... i suppose.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think I remember the post you are talking about. I took it as a joke because they said something along the lines of “a janitor told me a new ride was going to be built there”

Captain Chaos

I remember this rumor as well... I heard a few things like Imagineering was even testing the height of an attraction with this ballon thing they use. I don't know how true this is. Some people say an attraction cannot go there. Others say one can. WHo knows.

Lynx04

Master Yoda said:
“a janitor told me a new ride was going to be built there”

O come on Master Yoda you don't give the janitor enough credit. He could have been dumping the trash can in the board room and stumbled across the concept art with an arrow pointing right at the location we are talking about.

Seriously though, I wouldn't expect something to come to that area until I heard an official announcement.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Lynx04 said:
O come on Master Yoda you don't give the janitor enough credit. He could have been dumping the trash can in the board room and stumbled across the concept art with an arrow pointing right at the location we are talking about.

Seriously though, I wouldn't expect something to come to that area until I heard an official announcement.
We both know that imaginers never throw anything away. :lol:

-SIR-

What is this ladder business? Ive heard it several times but im not getting it... explain please...what does a ladder have to do with things?

no2apprentice

When Mission: Space was being worked on, a forum member was able to get a photograph of the gift shop area, which still needed finishing work inside. In the center of the room, there was a six foot folding ladder. The jokes started about the high-tech ride mechanism being a ladder and kept on growing.

Edit: I did a search and I think this is the post where the ladder joke started.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=21026&highlight=mission+space+ladder

StitchRox

BrerVeritas said:
About a year ago, someone on these boards had said Disney was going to put a ride in frontierland right on the the border of Adventureland near the POTC. Right where the McD's fry stand normally is. I seem to remember everyone seeming conviced this was happening soon. What ever happened to that rumor?

The parade staging area is behind that area. No way a ride will go there.

Captain Hank

no2apprentice said:
When Mission: Space was being worked on, a forum member was able to get a photograph of the gift shop area, which still needed finishing work inside. In the center of the room, there was a six foot folding ladder. The jokes started about the high-tech ride mechanism being a ladder and kept on growing.

Edit: I did a search and I think this is the post where the ladder joke started.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=21026&highlight=mission+space+ladder
I always wondered exactly how that started...

It's become sort of a running gag on here.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The ladder is the biggest star at WDW next to the mouse. Its very well traveled too and has exclusive access to all the hot new attractions.

Foxfire has a couple of nicely done photo montages of the ladder at MS and EE. I believe the orginal phots where done by colliera and sean23 respectivly

BwanaBob Caught the ladder at SGE

Tim G

no2apprentice said:

Which belonged in MY back garden btw... (I'm still p*$$*d about that
2055ranting2.gif
)
Don't tear open old wounds...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom