Which do you prefer?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • Epcot

Votes: 27 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raven66

I have not been to Epcot yet, but we are going this trip. I love MK tho. But I will keep and open mind.

May 2004.........All Star Movies
Aug. 2002........All Star Movies

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
My vote goes to Magic Kingdom. Now don't get me wrong here. Epcot is a wonderful place and there is no place like it on Earth. But, the Magic Kingdom is an extemely unique place. It holds the wonders of Walt's vision. It has tons of rides and the details are incredible. Its diversity is very extreme. I mean one minute you're taking a relaxing Jungle Cruise and the next minute you're racing around Space Mountain. Magic Kingdom is the best park of them all.

Disneyfan....i thonk i could not have said it any better!

epcotisbest

Originally posted by Michael72688
If you want to have a fun day go to Magic Kingdom, if you want a fun hour or two go to Epcot

An interesting opinion, but I bet someday when you are older this opinion will change. I hope so because if you only go for an hour or two you have no idea what you are missing. I know, at your age thrill rides are the big attraction, enjoy them all and enjoy all the parks. :)
Ricky

JBoogie

A year or so ago if you would of asked me this question I would have probably said MGM. But with recent visits I have really grown to love Magic Kingdom. I just think it captures all the magic of Disney. And just walking up to those gates is such a magical experience to me. I love it, my vote is for Magic Kingdom (as if you couldn't tell!)

goofyfan13

My vote goes to Epcot. I do miss the quality rides like horizons and WOM (surprised you heard that from a teenager? :lookaroun ) and the new JIIWF is a real let down compared to what it used to be, I could have rode that ride all day if I had the chance to. Mission Space and Test Track are great additions in my mind, as Mission Space is now my favorite ride anywhere, and Spaceship Earth has still always remained as one of my favorite rides in all of WDW. And while I absolutely love FW, the WS has always interested me. The architecture and general feel of the WS is amazing, and the food is in its own category. :slurp: And don't forget Illuminations, one of the best fireworks shows ever. The only thing I don't like about the WS is that they got rid of TON/TOD, while many people in here will disagree it was my favorite parade at one time, and I had dreams of being a drummer in it.
Magic Kingdom is a great park, and I love the feeling I get when I walk into the park, and even when the monorail doors open, and you here "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom" it just takes me away. However, Epcot just does it more for me. :sohappy: :)

VinnieG

I would have to say MK ,if I was asked in the mid to late '80s or early '90s I would have said EPCOT.When they tore down Horizons & World of Motion. Changed Journey into the Imagiation w/Dreamfinder it is not the same:(

WDWEric

Magic Kingdom....Hands Down!!

Before last summer I hadn't been to WDW since I was 9 (13 years) and my parents always went to Epcot instead of MK( no MGM or AK back then) The only time I know of going to MK was in 1981/1982 (new years eve) but if I remember correctly there wasn't epcot back then.
There is just something about taking the ferrry from TTC across the lagon and see the castle and the train station and being taken from the real world to Walt's world. Then once you get there and go under the train station and see Main Street, USA and Cinderella's Castle, It gives me goose bumps just thinking about, Can't wait untill next fall to take my new son!!!

SirGoofy

If you had asked this question when JII was still there, when Horizons was stil there, and when Living Seas still had the Seacabs, I would have said Epcot. Now it's MK hands down. It still has the classic Disney feel, while Epcot just seems like they are trying too hard for teenagers to like it. I am a teenager, and I liked it WAY better the old way. I dont go to Disney for thrills.I go for magic.

MKCP 1985

My vote would have been for the Magic Kingdom, but the poll is closed.

I like that EPCOT exists. I am glad it is there, with its big golf ball icon and its fine restaurants. I enjoy Mission:Space and am looking forward to seeing Soarin' when it opens. I like walking around the lake and spending a little time in the various pavilions of the different countries.

My problem with EPCOT Center is that the major pavilions have not stood up well to the test of time. I haven't had any desire to visit Energy or the attractions inside The Land in years (I will eat at the Land's exceptionally nice food court!). The newest version of Imagination hasn't received very high marks on this board. My kids were unimpressed with SpaceShip Earth, the last remaining pavilion with updated AA figures since Horizons, Motion and the original Journey Into Your Imagination have been sent to the scrap heap. Test Track is always broken when I visit. The last visit to The Living Seas was disappointing as compared to past visits (the absence of cab boats makes that much difference, I guess), and the fact the entire pavilion devoted to the human body has been closed for so long (is it open for summer?) says to me that Future World is at a crossroads and its future is uncertain.

On the other hand, the Magic Kingdom not only endures, but prevails. Old classics continue to connect with today's children (unlike SSE) and the mountains scratch the thrill itch. Newer attractions like Buzz Lightyear and Philharmagic have been a big hit. The Magic Kingdom takes you to a fantasy world, while EPCOT takes you to a corporate world, sponsored by Hewlett Packard or General Motors or AT&T or the other highest bidder. When the Magic Kingdom does get a new "E-ticket" ride, watch out!

It isn't a close vote at all for me. If I am going to take a one day trip to Walt Disney World and have to choose between these two, I'll be on my way to the Magic Kingdom.

Number_6

My favorite since I was a kid has been Epcot. I loved it back in the old days. I'm still able to spend a day there and enjoy myself. Actually, I was down a couple of weeks ago and got there before park open, stayed until after 4PM. I would have stayed longer, but I didn't get alot of sleep the night before so I was pretty tired at that point. MK I really do like, but just something about Epcot has always done it for me. Plus, I do like the fact that there are more places to eat at Epcot which is also a plus since I have more choices.

jrashadb

you know... I think I'm going to have to go with Epcot. And -- as is the case with many other people here -- it's a close race.
Of course, I've been going to the MK longer, but I'm pretty sure I've been to Epcot more times. Like Grizz, if we were talking Epcot back in the day -- in 1993 or so -- I'm pretty sure Epcot would win in a walk. But, now it just barely gets over MK. Since the introduction of Wishes, the gap has closed significantly.
But, Epcot has better restaurants. Epcot has the Food and Wine Festival. Epcot is a more adult park and, well, I'm an adult. So, there you have it.

Plus, the MK doesn't have the Rose and Crown, does it?
:D

Foolish Mortal

Hands down, Magic Kingdom. Like many others I love Epcot also, but I don't get that same happy upbeat feeling of the MK. Don't get me wrong, if somebody wanted to fly me down to Epcot for the day i'd have no problem with that. Then again, like any of us would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom