MK opening show?

will341

Original Poster
my cousins both 3 and girls..are going to Disney World in 2 weeks.. i told my aunt about the MK opening show and the last time i went I said that the would enjoy it I'm just wondering your opinions if you'd think they'd like it..thanks

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The "show" is cute, but nothing to go out of your way for in my opinion. If you are there for the opening, great, you get to watch and it is a nice distraction for 10 minutes or so.

Basically, one of the town officials welcomes you, the train arrives carrying a guest family and the characters. There is a song by the characters and the singers/dancers from the trolly, then a countdown to park opening with streamers. Depending on when you go, the only downside is that it can get a little crowded and "pushy" out front.

Matpez

I always try to get newbies to MK for the show, and not tell them about it.
I still remember my 1st visit I saw it, I had not known about it, and the magic begins right then and there...

ljl14

I guess we'll have to get over their pretty fast after Breakfast with Mickey at the Contemporary!!:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

will341

Original Poster
thanks for the quick responses! ill aware them of this,they are staying at the contemporary so this should be no problem!

Craig & Lisa

The family and I have seen it a few times, the song is the same, but the the person who talks to everyone changes from day to day. I've got it on video, but to be honest I believe that for most of the people that are there in the morning, they are there either for breakfast, to get early short waits for attractions, ie. SM, SPLASH, BTM etc,etc. Or the one we do is get the hair cut!! No matter what, it's always a nice way to start your day at MK. By the way we'll get to see it in 16 days, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:D :sohappy: :sohappy:

mickeymouse2818

I haven't seen the opening of the park in a while now. The last thing I remember is that there is a little dance and song skit along with the characters coming on the train. To be chosen for the family, I would think that you would have to be waiting pretty early for that, just my guess though.

k.hunter30

How soon before park opening does this begin? When should people plan on arriving for it?
Sorry to quote myself - but considering I've never experienced the opening show, I'd really like to know. :rolleyes: How soon should we plan to get to MK if we want to see this? Thanks guys!:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
thanks for the quick responses! ill aware them of this,they are staying at the contemporary so this should be no problem!

Thats great, an easy 15 minute walk over. I would leave about 45 min. prior to park opening, 15 to get there, 10-15 to clear security with lines, then enough time to find a good spot.

cooleo

I always try to get newbies to MK for the show, and not tell them about it.
I still remember my 1st visit I saw it, I had not known about it, and the magic begins right then and there...

I agree with you Matpez. It is certainly something that will leave a lasting impression. After many trips to WDW we got to see it for the first time in December '06. For some reason or another we just never got there before (Most often because we were already in the park for breakfast @ the Crystal Palace). We will however make it a point of being there for the show @ least once per trip from now on. I think you are right on target when stating "The Magic begins right then & there". "Good Morning....":sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom