MK fireworks - tinkerbell, or blue fairy??

disneyworld07

Original Poster
Hi there,
I wonder if you could answer a question which has us all arguing!!

We always thought that tinkerbell flew down from the MK castle before the fireworks displays??

However,

Our friends who have just come back from Disney, told us that it has never been tinkerbell. They were told by a worker that it is the blue fairy (presumably from Pinochio) and that it has never ever been Tinkerbell. Our friends then said, that Mickey mentions the blue fairy just before she flies down....

We have footage of her flying down from 2000, and im sorry, but she is wearing green and looks a hell of a lot like Tink! lol.

Can anyone solve this mystery?

Thanks!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Always Tink. The first MNSSHP had the Wicked Witch too, aside from that it has always been Tinkerbell since she first flew in Orlando on July 3rd 1985.

WDWmazprty

It Tinkerbell. The Blue Fairy IS part of Wishes but when Jiminy Cricket 'announces' her its blue fireworks. Tinkerbell (an actual woman in a Tinkerbell suit that lights up) flies out in the beginning of Wishes, while The Blue Fairy is later on. :wave:

tizzo

Asked and answered - it's Tink. The Blue Fairy is part of the show, but comes later. Also already answered.

If you need "proof", consider that the tram spiel on the way in from the parking lot (which I realize lots of people probably never hear) includes the scheduled events for the evening. During that spiel, Wishes is described as "featuring the flight of Tinkerbell". (It's not a pre-recorded spiel, but they do say the same thing every time.)

MissM

Straight from Disneyworld.com:

Additional Information
Fireworks schedules vary by season. See the Times Guide for exact dates and times. Times Guides are available at the Park entrance, Guest Relations and most merchandise locations.

The show can be viewed throughout the Park, but to see Tinker Bell flying in the sky, a view from the front of Cinderella Castle is recommended.

Link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/entertainment/wishes-nighttime-spectacular/

wild01ride

Straight from Disneyworld.com:

Additional Information
Fireworks schedules vary by season. See the Times Guide for exact dates and times. Times Guides are available at the Park entrance, Guest Relations and most merchandise locations.

The show can be viewed throughout the Park, but to see Tinker Bell flying in the sky, a view from the front of Cinderella Castle is recommended.

Link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/entertainment/wishes-nighttime-spectacular/

So EAT IT you know-it-all friends who think it's the Blue Fairy!

:p

:lol:

Isn't it funny how we Disney folk can get so worked-up and emotional about incorrect Disney information?! :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Although admittedly close up and under normal lighting she dosn`t look quite like the Tink we all know....

Rob562

Always Tink. The first MNSSHP had the Wicked Witch too, aside from that it has always been Tinkerbell since she first flew in Orlando on July 3rd 1985.

There was also a MVMCP version of Fantasy in the Sky that had Rudolph fly midway through the show.

-Rob

Kamikaze

It Tinkerbell. The Blue Fairy IS part of Wishes but when Jiminy Cricket 'announces' her its blue fireworks. Tinkerbell (an actual woman in a Tinkerbell suit that lights up) flies out in the beginning of Wishes, while The Blue Fairy is later on. :wave:

Incorrect. It is the REAL Tinkerbelle.

So EAT IT you know-it-all friends who think it's the Blue Fairy!

:p

:lol:

Isn't it funny how we Disney folk can get so worked-up and emotional about incorrect Disney information?! :D

I've never heard of anyone (besides in the OP) think it was the Blue Fairy.

Why would be blue fairy be ... green?

disneyworld07

Original Poster
WOO HOO!! I knew you guys would come back with evidence to back me up!! I must say I got very annoyed when I couldnt convincethem that it was in fact Tink - despite the fact that she is wearing green!!!

SWEET DISNEY VICTORY! :king:

hansel1

For some reason people do misunderstand this part of the show. My wife kept wondering why they called tinkerbell the blue fairy during the show.

I am no expert on when tinkerbell flies versus the timing of the audio "blue fairy" but I think it is close to each other and thus the confusion.

I have never heard the audio announce tinkerbell. She just lights up and flies.

Kamikaze

I am no expert on when tinkerbell flies versus the timing of the audio "blue fairy" but I think it is close to each other and thus the confusion.

The 'its the blue fairy!' line is towards the end of the show ... more than 8 minutes into the performance. Tink of course is right at the beginning.

tizzo

The 'its the blue fairy!' line is towards the end of the show ... more than 8 minutes into the performance. Tink of course is right at the beginning.

Yeah, that's right. Tink coincides with the start of the pyrotechnics. The Blue Fairy comes in at the end to save us from the villains.

Kamikaze

Yeah, that's right. Tink coincides with the start of the pyrotechnics. The Blue Fairy comes in at the end to save us from the villains.

/nod

Tink appears on 'and it all starts with a wish!'

I really, really don't see how people can get confused.

darthspielberg

haha, that's great. I love people who are so adamant that they are correct, and yet they are so very wrong. Tell your friend they are nuts.

I do wish WDW would get Dumbo from Disneyland's fireworks show. I don't even like Dumbo all that much, and I think that effect is amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom