MK day parade reverse test 3/10

disneydata

Original Poster
MK day parade reverse test 3/10 AND 3/22-3/28

On Tuesday, the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade at 3:00 will be performed reverse of the normal route. It will step off at Town Square and travel down Main Street, through Liberty Square, and end in Frontierland. This will only happen on Tuesday as a test.

NEW INFO: There will also be a week-long test at the end of this month, after which the decision will be made whether to make it permanent or keep it the same.

MORE NEW INFO: The week-long test will be from 3/22-3/28. If the test goes well, the change may become permanent immediately.

Rob562

Yes, the test is to see if it will improve guest flow on Main Street.

I'm wondering if it'll improve things on Main Street, but make things worse in Fronteirland. As the parade reaches Fronteirland, you'd have people that have already seen the parade route trying to get to Splash and Big Thunder. Some will be following the end of the parade, others will scoot around the walkways along the water.
They'll run into people who are now finishing with the parade in Fronteirland, and are either trying to go elsewhere in the park, or head right to nearby Splash and Big Thunder.

It's times like these that I wish I was on the inside with people making these types of decisions... It'd be interesting to see what the result of the test was.

-Rob

coasterphil

The back to front parade route doesn't work as well when the parade includes show stops. That's why they reversed the route at DHS once Block Party Bash started.

jrh1985

The back to front parade route doesn't work as well when the parade includes show stops. That's why they reversed the route at DHS once Block Party Bash started.
Maybe it doesn't work for DHS but, Remember The Magic/Magical Moments and SADCT worked fine with their show stops from Fronteirland to City Hall.

Could it be that there's a huge backup for the Monorail/ferry after CADCT? When I was there for Mickey Mania, Remember The Magic/Magical Moments and SADCT, a LOT of people were following the parade to the train station then went out of the park. (That what it looked like, I always watch from the second floor)

Weather or not that is the reason, why would MK be doing this now since the last time the did it this way, it before Mickey Mania in early 94!

Anyone want to volunteer to get a vid of CADCT from the train station on Tues?

a2grafix

That is how the day parade was ran until 94 or 95 i think. At least the first 20 years it started on main street.

I concur because when I vacationed with my my mom and dad and my sisters back inthe 1970s and 1980s and early 1990s when we were wee little sprites the daily parade, including the night-time Main Street Electrical Parade always started in town square, entering from the huge gate next to the Emporium and the fire station.

It was weird seeing the Christmas and Easter parades on TV showing the parade route coming from Cinderella Castle. But when you look at it now, it seems natural to have the parade enter from Frontierland, wrap its way through Liberty Square and down Main Street, all the while (for the last half of the parade), with the castle in full view for the cameras or for those watching the parade from the train station and town square.

Interesting. Why now change the route - as a test?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'm wondering if it'll improve things on Main Street, but make things worse in Fronteirland. As the parade reaches Fronteirland, you'd have people that have already seen the parade route trying to get to Splash and Big Thunder. Some will be following the end of the parade, others will scoot around the walkways along the water.
They'll run into people who are now finishing with the parade in Fronteirland, and are either trying to go elsewhere in the park, or head right to nearby Splash and Big Thunder.

It's times like these that I wish I was on the inside with people making these types of decisions... It'd be interesting to see what the result of the test was.

-Rob

But isn't that preferred...to move a fair amount of the traffic away from the park entrance? That is the bottleneck, elsewhere you have options for flow.

disneydata

Original Poster
Just got more info. After the one-day test, there will be a week-long test at the end of the month. After that, the higher-ups will decide if this is something they would like to change permanently.

dmxwidget

Maybe it doesn't work for DHS but, Remember The Magic/Magical Moments and SADCT worked fine with their show stops from Fronteirland to City Hall.

Could it be that there's a huge backup for the Monorail/ferry after CADCT? When I was there for Mickey Mania, Remember The Magic/Magical Moments and SADCT, a LOT of people were following the parade to the train station then went out of the park. (That what it looked like, I always watch from the second floor)

Weather or not that is the reason, why would MK be doing this now since the last time the did it this way, it before Mickey Mania in early 94!

Anyone want to volunteer to get a vid of CADCT from the train station on Tues?

I will be in town and will try to get a video if I have a chance.

goodolgm

I saw the parade from Main Street USA today and it was weird to say the least. The cast seemed to adjust very well...but it was still a weird sight to those of us who are accustomed to the parade coming down the other way.

It was nice to see NO congestion in Town Square after the parade cleared the area...in fact, I got on the Monorail right away to head to the Poly for a dinner ressie without having to battle any crowds.

In other semi-related news, they changed the float blocking for MISICI and the DJ/Mickey float now stops at the MSUSA/Hub intersection as opposed to in front of the castle...it had drastically reduced how long the intro loop plays and is a great improvement IMO...

disneydata

Original Poster
Update again! The week-long test will be from 3/22-3/28. If the test goes well, the change may become permanent immediately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom