MK Cinema getting talking Mickey!!

FormerCM

Original Poster
The Cinema on Main Street is going to start carrying a interactive Mickey Mouse Doll you can rent for about $8-$10. that will talk from place to place. It's called MY PAL MICKEY He'll be like your personal friend talking while you tour the park and attractions.

What will they think up next??

Dizknee_Phreek

that's awesome! so is it $8-$10 a day, or per hour? and will it gives little known facts about the park, or what? what will it talk to people about? i'm thinking this is a great idea for people with young kids and/or aren't too familiar with the park!

FormerCM

Original Poster
As far as am hearing it will be per day. Which seems too cheap!!
It will talk about the attraction or where you are in the park. It will be activated by infrared just like the 100yr pins.

When I know more I'll post it.

FormerCM

Original Poster
Originally posted by dizpins14
that kind of freaks me out. having a little Mickey telling me what to do.:lookaroun

My friend at Disney said it tells you when it's hungry and when you need to buy something too. HE was only KIDDING, would be funny though!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm guessing that there must be some sort of deposit paid at the time of the rental - otherwise Mickey will be going home with a lot of people at the end of the day. Unless he is programmed to shout :-
"Help - I'm being kidnapped"
as you walk out under the station :lol: :lol:

FormerCM

Original Poster
Cute!! I would assume you have to leave a credit card number!! He didn't mention it to me.

Since your going soon, you'll have to let us know. It is suppose to be available soon before I go back in Sept .

boling

I wonder if it will beg for toys and such just like the little tikes! :lol:

It would be fun to figure out a way to trigger the Mickey at the wrong times to say various things. You could "mess" with people's mickeys and get them all confused :goodnevil

The Mickey is actually really cool. When I was working at DAK last year I watched them develop it, from a pretty "big" prototype to the more manageable (think $20 sized stuffed Mickey) size it is now. The imaginears that were developing it and testing it in the park would give me updates on it's progress when they tested it in Camp Minnie Mickey. I know that the way it works is through the censors (little brown boxes) throughout the park will set Mickey talking about the area, or the attraction.... like in Camp "Hey look there's the trail to my pal Goofy's." or on the paths through the oasis it will tell you about the animals, ect. that you come across. You can also play interactive games with it in the areas. (think "squeeze my left hand if" type games) I guess they want it to also tell show times, park hours, etc. Your own little personal guide to the park. They told me the price would most likely be around $10-$15 + a deposit. Last I heard in late December is that the final Mickey is in production. I think its a great way to get info about the park, especially about the really great animals many people overlook on their way to the other attractions, and the "messages" each area has.

mickeysaver

Sounds like a way for WDW to track the line times on the rides too. Just think, on every rental unit they could have a tracker that would allow them to figure out how long it takes from line entry to ride exit. It's got the potential to help them determine what sort of wait times they are dealing with in the process of making them money to keep you entertained. I like the idea and hate it all at the same time. I would much rather buy one than rent one. I would hope that Disney would not use a purchased Pal Mickey to do their dirty work. But, who knows?!?!? Mickey

AliciaLuvzDizne

not to be the downer in this but...

Is this going to be a plush?
I would imagine, after being dropped a million times, drooled on/ chewed on by the little ones... getting soda spilt on it, and ketchup and such...
these things are gonna get pretty nasty
eew

:)

ooohh the germs

i bet the technology would be too exspensive to make these purchaseable?

Ohh and do you think they are gonna run out of them eventually? like after the first 100 people or something

jmarc63

Re: not to be the downer in this but...

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
Is this going to be a plush?
I would imagine, after being dropped a million times, drooled on/ chewed on by the little ones... getting soda spilt on it, and ketchup and such...
these things are gonna get pretty nasty
eew

:)

ooohh the germs

i bet the technology would be too exspensive to make these purchaseable?

Ohh and do you think they are gonna run out of them eventually? like after the first 100 people or something

Thats why I think it should be some kind of industrial durable hand held device.

Yes they are going to be plush (as last I saw anyway), and from what I heard no they will not be for retail sale. They really would be like "buying a phone in an area where there is no service avaliable" 'cus they only work in the parks from what I was told. I wouldn't be too worried about germs though, Disney is really good about cleaning and I am sure (knowing how they are about their parks and resorts) they have a cleaning plan in store for those 'lil Mickeys.:p

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by sar1980sweetie
Yes they are going to be plush (as last I saw anyway), and from what I heard no they will not be for retail sale. They really would be like "buying a phone in an area where there is no service avaliable" 'cus they only work in the parks from what I was told. I wouldn't be too worried about germs though, Disney is really good about cleaning and I am sure (knowing how they are about their parks and resorts) they have a cleaning plan in store for those 'lil Mickeys.:p

Umm...how do you explain the Magical Moments Pins?

(that's like buying a phone in an areas where there is no service available...and upping the price of the phone :) )

(I can definitely see the "PAL" Mickey being sold...if nothing more...it's still a plush Mickey...and it could have interactive "Stitch" technology in it as well as the infrared sensors)

bhg469

the circuitry involved in making it an interactive toy would bump up the price, i agree with sar it would be completely useless outside the park but they sell enough junk that is uselss inside the park ie the spinney things with the lghts that spin around buzz, or pooh, or tinkerbell, you know!

anyways it would be nice if they were available to rent

bhg469

Originally posted by spider-man
I'd surely buy one. How much would everyone pay... I think $40 sounds reasonable.

???

but the majic moments pins wew 20, that was definitely not reasonable but it still bought 2, wow i have issues

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom