MK Castle Fireworks Show

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
Which show are you talking about??? Would this be part of a 2025 Package or just the next AH Season?

Don't you love HEA Martin????

Speaking of HEA, IDK if a Train wreck would have high Guest Scores.......
I'm not even going to mention the WISHES Christmas Fireworks show....with fireworks all around the center of MK.

I'm sure everyone will say that show wasn't as good as the new Christmas Party show !!!

jrhwdw

I'm not even going to mention the WISHES Christmas Fireworks show....with fireworks all around the center of MK.

I'm sure everyone will say that show wasn't as good as the new Christmas Party show !!!
DE's Setup changed that....maybe forever

Minnie's Christmastime Fireworks had the old 180 Setup as well before the 50th......

In the Holidays 2024 thread, I did suggest that TDO return Castle Dreamlights and give HEA 2 months off in favor of Wishes' Castle Dreamlights Finale but Nooooo!!!!!!!!!

TrainsOfDisney

What makes you like Enchantment more than HEA?
I preferred Enchantment as well - it felt like Fantasy in the Sky 2.0 - which was a fun take on the 50th.

By far the best castle show I’ve seen is Wondrous Journeys. On paper it’s a clip show. But goodness it was absolute perfection.

gerarar

Premium Member
Strictly talking about Disney Enchantment 1.0...
  • Shoving IP and characters directly in the intro and finale songs/projections. No thanks. HEA has pure colorful and tasteful projections that utilize the castle's (and now MSUSA) architecture and layers. Plain clipart injected everywhere in the DE finale using the Avengers "portal", very meh imo.
  • Frozen 2's Into The Unknown sung as a cover. Again why. Use the original song/singer like HEA did. At least the Moana How Far I'll Go reprise with the choir wasn't that bad..
  • DE villian segment was good, but much prefer HEA's with the pirates theme to close it out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm intrigued by this not gonna lie. What makes you like Enchantment more than HEA?
It’s not as…. hip as HEA tries to be. We find HEA is more for the bubblegum, see it and forget it after instagramming it generation. Probably the old fart in me talking but it’s too brash and visually overloading. Its pacing isn’t as good as Wishes. It’s less tasteful. Nothing classy about it. Now Enchantment isn’t perfect regarding those points either but we found it not as bad. For us it had a bit more class.

Best way to describe it is for us is

HEA = Harmonious.

Enchantment = Luminous.

Wishes = IllumiNations.

But I also prefer Cronkite over Irons so hey.

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It’s not as…. hip as HEA tries to be. We find HEA is more for the bubblegum, see it and forget it after instagramming it generation. Probably the old fart in me talking but it’s too brash and visually overloading. Its pacing isn’t as good as Wishes. It’s less tasteful. Nothing classy about it. Now Enchantment isn’t perfect regarding those points either but we found it not as bad. For us it had a bit more class.

Best way to describe it is for us is

HEA = Harmonious.

Enchantment = Luminous.

Wishes = IllumiNations.

But I also prefer Cronkite over Irons so hey.
Maybe this is just because I'm on the younger side of people on these boards but I have never found HEA to be visually cluttered, it always struct the right balance of projections and fireworks, even with the main Street Projections. Usually in HEA they purposefully don't put a lot on the projections if they want you to focus on the fireworks. And honestly, I think the idea that a nighttime spectacular can be overwhelming is not a bad thing, in fact to a certain extent I actually think it's good. It's a spectacle, it's supposed to be overwhelming and grand. I do think the shows need their place for slower moments but HEA does it almost perfectly. Shows that don't do it well would be shows like Enchantment.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Maybe this is just because I'm on the younger side of people on these boards but I have never found HEA to be visually cluttered, it always struct the right balance of projections and fireworks, even with the main Street Projections. Usually in HEA they purposefully don't put a lot on the projections if they want you to focus on the fireworks. And honestly, I think the idea that a nighttime spectacular can be overwhelming is not a bad thing, in fact to a certain extent I actually think it's good. It's a spectacle, it's supposed to be overwhelming and grand. I do think the shows need their place for slower moments but HEA does it almost perfectly. Shows that don't do it well would be shows like Enchantment.
HEA is an ADD nightmare (and I'm a fast visual/auditory processor). There's never a point where you know what to focus on because there's multiple things going on. IMHO, it's highly over-rated and I wouldn't shed a tear if it were shown the same fate as HARModious.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
A certain element of the site did. Mostly not those with taste, though.
1000001180.gif

Starship824

In the Parks
No
When you don't like the truth, do the usual GenZ thing and post what you did. When you can come up with a reasonable discussion point, let me know.
I already did in my first post, I was trying to be comedic, clearly it did not translate. And you putting "Mostly those with taste" is not a argument anymore than me posting a GIF was.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I already did in my first post, I was trying to be comedic, clearly it did not translate. And you putting "Mostly those with taste" is not a argument anymore than me posting a GIF was.
It's an apt description of those who did not want HEA back. Not sure what about that triggered you, but here we are.

Wishes! had pace and soul and tugged at your heart. HEA has none of that. It's a whizz-bang look-here-look-there-look-here-wait-where-do-I-look-now-I'm-lost mess. I've taken in it from a premium viewing location, I've taken it in from other spots around MK. It's not good. Wishes! improved on FitS, HEA is a large step backwards from that. Wishes! (and many other things) was created in an era of the company that apparently cannot be duplicated or improved upon.

FN2BFRE

I prefer Wishes (or Enchantment) too. But it won’t return in its original form.
Don't give me hope like that. I would do anything - buy any amount of cupcakes, visit After Hours every night, ANYTHING, to see Wishes in person again. It's second only to Reflections of Earth in my feelings for WDW entertainment. I would even be happy to see Enchantment make another return to the park. I was able to see it for the first time during an After Hours night earlier this year, and I ended up feeling like I didn't appreciate that show enough. FAR from perfect, but with the addition of the actual anniversary tag, I feel like it has more heart than people give it credit for.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It's an apt description of those who did not want HEA back. Not sure what about that triggered you, but here we are.

Wishes! had pace and soul and tugged at your heart. HEA has none of that. It's a whizz-bang look-here-look-there-look-here-wait-where-do-I-look-now-I'm-lost mess. I've taken in it from a premium viewing location, I've taken it in from other spots around MK. It's not good. Wishes! improved on FitS, HEA is a large step backwards from that. Wishes! (and many other things) was created in an era of the company that apparently cannot be duplicated or improved upon.
I completely disagree, there are parts of HEA that can feel overwhelming and maybe a bit overstimulating however, I believe most of the show is done very effectively. The entire opening of the slow builds up to the first pyro going off is done beautifully and and perfectly capitalizes on the anticipation. There's no look here look there during that part. The moments with that where there is are done with care and thought, for example during friendship part with the genie, there's pyro, and lasers and tons of animations on the projections. This whole scene is supposed to this way, it's very thematically appropriate that the genie is impressing us just like Aladdin in the film. Another moment that is sort of overwhelming with everything going on is the entire villain segment but again it's supposed to be. It's meant to be like the villains are attacking and taking over and feel overwhelming. There's also many slower parts that only focus on one character and have minimal projections like out there and he lead up to go the distance and the love segment. I'll admit Happily Ever After might not be the most perfect show for every person ever, but it is for me. And while I do absolutely adore and love wishes, I think that the evolution into happily ever after was done incredibly well. I really hope that if the after hours extra ticketed standalone events continue into next year, they replace enchantment with wishes because watching happily ever after and wishes in the same night sounds like one of the most incredible things ever if you ask me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom