MK Castle Fireworks Show

TTA94

I completely disagree, there are parts of HEA that can feel overwhelming and maybe a bit overstimulating however, I believe most of the show is done very effectively. The entire opening of the slow builds up to the first pyro going off is done beautifully and and perfectly capitalizes on the anticipation. There's no look here look there during that part. The moments with that where there is are done with care and thought, for example during friendship part with the genie, there's pyro, and lasers and tons of animations on the projections. This whole scene is supposed to this way, it's very thematically appropriate that the genie is impressing us just like Aladdin in the film. Another moment that is sort of overwhelming with everything going on is the entire villain segment but again it's supposed to be. It's meant to be like the villains are attacking and taking over and feel overwhelming. There's also many slower parts that only focus on one character and have minimal projections like out there and he lead up to go the distance and the love segment. I'll admit Happily Ever After might not be the most perfect show for every person ever, but it is for me. And while I do absolutely adore and love wishes, I think that the evolution into happily ever after was done incredibly well. I really hope that if the after hours extra ticketed standalone events continue into next year, they replace enchantment with wishes because watching happily ever after and wishes in the same night sounds like one of the most incredible things ever if you ask me.

Something happening with DAH is my suspicion. They could even include the new parade for DAH or create a new hard ticket event. Not saying the parade won’t be on a nightly basis but they could choose to only have one nightly performance and have the second performance be during DAH.

Whether we like it or not the reality is a parade and especially a Wishes comeback would definitely sell out almost every event.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Something happening with DAH is my suspicion. They could even include the new parade for DAH or create a new hard ticket event. Not saying the parade won’t be on a nightly basis but they could choose to only have one nightly performance and have the second performance be during DAH.
I'm pretty sure Wishes was brought up out of pure speculation. I don't think it was an actual rumor unless I could be wrong. From what I've heard apparently wishes would need to be reprogrammed for the new firing system or something like that which to me doesn't make sense because they switched from wishes to happily ever after in one day when they did it. So I'm not sure why that would be a problem but that's just what I've heard online. By the way I have no insider info, I heard someone say that on a resort tv1 live stream I have no clue if its true.

TTA94

I'm pretty sure Wishes was brought up out of pure speculation. I don't think it was an actual rumor unless I could be wrong. From what I've heard apparently wishes would need to be reprogrammed for the new firing system or something like that which to me doesn't make sense because they switched from wishes to happily ever after in one day when they did it. So I'm not sure why that would be a problem but that's just what I've heard online. By the way I have no insider info, I heard someone say that on a resort tv1 live stream I have no clue if its true.

Yeah true. I didn't think there was any entertainment plans asside from the parade, but there’s so much secrecy now a days and changing plans, so who knows.

Ayla

HEA is an ADD nightmare (and I'm a fast visual/auditory processor). There's never a point where you know what to focus on because there's multiple things going on. IMHO, it's highly over-rated and I wouldn't shed a tear if it were shown the same fate as HARModious.
100% agree.

Surfin' Tuna

All these years later we're having the same arguments I remember having when HEA premiered. It's well done for what it is, but it is not what Disney should be putting in their parks. Wishes was from a time when they knew how to tell stories, they understood pacing, and they understood how to evoke strong emotions. HEA is good at what it was supposed to be, but it's not much more than that. From anywhere in the park, one can feel the story of Wishes, fall in love with it, and leave up lifted. HEA is a great show, but it doesn't uplift spirits in the same way.

MatheusPG

I like HEA, but Wishes was a perfect show and one that truly captured the magical nature that Magic Kingdom needs to have. HEA is more epic, while Wishes is more magical. One thing that really bothers me about HEA is that Mickey is nowhere to be found.

Also, I hated Enchantment as much as Harmonious and Luminous. The only redeeming quality of it was the 50th tag. The soundtrack was poorly sung and had too much screaming. The story had too much exposition, and the projections were really dark.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Unpopular opinion, I don't like Hallowishes and Halloween screams (basically the same show anyway). The music is soo... how I put this, 2005? I don't mean that in a good way. I much prefer the more orchestral Halloween-afied songs in the new show, also the projections in the new show are in credible. The jack skellington puppet is excellent.

SpectroMickey85

Not sure how well it would be received but I could see Wishes being reworked based on the movie Wish, or parts of it. Either way If it ever happened I would hate to see any version of Wishes be thrown behind a paywall.

Vinnie Mac

Unpopular opinion, I don't like Hallowishes and Halloween screams (basically the same show anyway). The music is soo... how I put this, 2005? I don't mean that in a good way. I much prefer the more orchestral Halloween-afied songs in the new show, also the projections in the new show are in credible. The jack skellington puppet is excellent.
I think the new halloween show is objectively better than Hallowishes and even gives off more of a classic DIsney vibe than Hallowishes (if you ignore the projections). But the soundtrack for Hallowishes was really cool and was a unique deviation from the stereotypical Disney show musical style.

Mark Dunne

HEA for me , Wishes was great in its day, but looks outdated now, MK has a solid show now, now if we discussed IROE over in EPCOT coming back, id be happy as Larry ( whoever Larry is ) 🤭

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom