MJ's Family of Friends

Nemo14

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
We get Jersey corn here!
Yum! :slurp:
Several years ago, my BIL and family were visiting Penn Dutch, and came home with a carload of corn. They must have had it in the hot car for a couple of days, then they gave it to everone as souvenirs. It was really dreadful by the time we got to cook it.

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Several years ago, my BIL and family were visiting Penn Dutch, and came home with a carload of corn. They must have had it in the hot car for a couple of days, then they gave it to everone as souvenirs. It was really dreadful by the time we got to cook it.

I'm sure they meant well. :lookaroun
Fresh off the farm corn. . .nothing like it!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Got to go - DH and I are off to a friend's so he can tutor their daughter. Have a great evening!:wave:

nibblesandbits

hi all!!! I just wanted you to all know I was ok. (I didn't know if anybody was worried.)

I lost power at my house on Friday morning and didn't get it back until the 23 at 4:00 a.m. I still don't have internet, so I'm using the computer's at the library for the time being.

I don't know when my internet is supposed to come back on, but I leave for Jamaica on Thursday morning. If I don't have internet by then I will definitely come back to the library to say bye to you all!

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days. You don't know how much I've missed you all!!!

lisbetgabrielle

Used to live in Carlisle and loved going to the Farmer's Market. Fresh vegetables especially the corn, scrapple, pies to die for. We do have a German Baptist place down here but no scapple. Veggies and baked goods only. THe sticky rolls are to die for. Called Knaus Berry Farm.

Nemo14

Original Poster
nibblesandbits said:
hi all!!! I just wanted you to all know I was ok. (I didn't know if anybody was worried.)

I lost power at my house on Friday morning and didn't get it back until the 23 at 4:00 a.m. I still don't have internet, so I'm using the computer's at the library for the time being.

I don't know when my internet is supposed to come back on, but I leave for Jamaica on Thursday morning. If I don't have internet by then I will definitely come back to the library to say bye to you all!

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days. You don't know how much I've missed you all!!!
I was just signing off when I saw your post Nibbs! Yes we've been worried about you. I saw StL on the news tonight, and I thought about you. Glad you're OK, and you know we all wish you the best!
Really got to go now!

lisbetgabrielle

Uponastar said:
Hi Lisbet! :wave:
Don't know what happened to Bob!
She said hello and then disappeared.
DId you guys scare Bob off? After all we do get rather rambuncious around here. Part of the fun. And can someone make me a batch of coffee ice cream. All the talk of ice cream is making me want some.

Uponastar

lisbetgabrielle said:
DId you guys scare Bob off? After all we do get rather rambuncious around here. Part of the fun. And can someone make me a batch of coffee ice cream. All the talk of ice cream is making me want some.

Can't blame me. Bob was already gone when I got here. Honest. :lookaroun

You'll have to talk to Bunny about the ice cream. She better get crankin'!

nibblesandbits

Nemo14 said:
I was just signing off when I saw your post Nibbs! Yes we've been worried about you. I saw StL on the news tonight, and I thought about you. Glad you're OK, and you know we all wish you the best!
Really got to go now!
Thanks Betty and Dot...I'm sorry to have worried you all. (Maybe I should get one of your phone numbers in case something like this happens again.)

We just got ravaged by the first storm (which happened on Wednesday night), I had electricity after that storm, but then a second one came into town on Friday morning and that one knocked what power was fixed down for the count.

What's his face still doesn't have power from the first storm...it's been 6 days!

It's kinda like a small hurricane came through...that's how crazy this was. Sorry to have scared you all though.

did I miss anything important?

Uponastar

nibblesandbits said:
Thanks Betty and Dot...I'm sorry to have worried you all. (Maybe I should get one of your phone numbers in case something like this happens again.)

We just got ravaged by the first storm (which happened on Wednesday night), I had electricity after that storm, but then a second one came into town on Friday morning and that one knocked what power was fixed down for the count.

What's his face still doesn't have power from the first storm...it's been 6 days!

It's kinda like a small hurricane came through...that's how crazy this was. Sorry to have scared you all though.

did I miss anything important?

Gosh I don't know! :lol:
I'm just so glad to know you're alright, and that nothing has happened to disturb your wedding plans.
You're leaving on Thursday! :eek: All of sudden. . .it's time!
Our little Nibbs is leaving the nest! :cry:

nibblesandbits

Uponastar said:
Gosh I don't know! :lol:
I'm just so glad to know you're alright, and that nothing has happened to disturb your wedding plans.
You're leaving on Thursday! :eek: All of sudden. . .it's time!
Our little Nibbs is leaving the nest! :cry:
Everything is fine for the wedding plans. I just picked up my dress today and it looks fabulous. It's been a little harder getting things in order for the wedding though because most of my town was knocked out for a few days without power.

I'm sorry I'm leaving the nest, but just think of it this way...after Saturday, you all can call me Mrs. Nibbs! :lol:

It's really funny though because I'm as calm as can be, but this weekend while working the wedding I had, it really hit me that the next wedding I'll be doing is my own. Eek!!!

nibblesandbits

I wish I could stay, but I can't. I've gotta go to work my other job...but they say I'm supposed to get my internet back tomorrow. (I'm not holding my breath though!)

I've missed you all, but I wanted you all to know I was still alive!!! I'll talk to you all at the next chance I get!

I love you all! :kiss:

Fantasmic!329

Uponastar said:
I'm with Mom.
I was never much of a Katherine fan.
I love her voice, but didn't enjoy watching her perform.
Just my opinion.
I actually agree. :lol:
Beautiful face, pretty voice, nothing else. :lol:

Can't stay....but hi!

Uponastar

nibblesandbits said:
Everything is fine for the wedding plans. I just picked up my dress today and it looks fabulous. It's been a little harder getting things in order for the wedding though because most of my town was knocked out for a few days without power.

I'm sorry I'm leaving the nest, but just think of it this way...after Saturday, you all can call me Mrs. Nibbs! :lol:

It's really funny though because I'm as calm as can be, but this weekend while working the wedding I had, it really hit me that the next wedding I'll be doing is my own. Eek!!!

I'm glad that things are going smoothly and I can't wait to see pics of you in that dress! You are going to be gorgeous!

I think I'll just keep calling you Nibblies! :) Mrs. is just too stuffy!

You go to so many weddings of course, but not one of them will compete with this one! And you don't have to take a single pic! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom